McElroy's Top 5 SEC QBs

I'll help:

1. Dak Prescott
2. Astro Dobbs
3. Jeremy Johnson
4. Brandon Allen
5. Kyle Allen
I agree with this, Prescott has to be #1, he spent weeks at the top of Heisman lists last year, so starting out he pretty much has to be #1. Don't think he'll be there at season's end. A guy that should be there and stock has fallen is Mauk. Matty has stumbled badly.

Reactions: 1 person
No knock on dobbs but if he is the number one QB in the conference at the end of the season then he wins the Heisman throphy and UT is in CFP

When Dobbs throws his first int, I'm abandoning ship.

It fairness, the backup has become so popular for us recently because the starter (whomever) just hasn't won much. And then last year, we ran the read option with Worley (who my 7 year old could out run...and that literally not a joke) knowing that Dobbs was sitting on the bench.

Brandon Allen was a surprise. Looking back, I remember thinking he was one of the worst his first starting year. But last year he actually had good numbers. I kinda forgot because I was so focused on that massive run game. Arky gonna be real good if B. Allen is legit.

Nah, I don't see it. The people dumb enough to call for Dormady are much more likely to be calling for Dormandy!

Haha, true. However, I will say that I heard several fans in my section yelling at Dobbs last year at the Kentucky game to "learn how to throw" while he was in the midst of a 19-27, 297 yd, 3 td, 0 int performance in 3 quarters of play.....while having just engineered an amazing comeback victory while throwing for 301 yards and 2 tds the week before at SCar.....after having thrown and run the ball very well the week before while whittling a 27-0 lead to 10 and keeping us from getting completely embarrassed vs Alabama. Dobbs already has his detractors and I suspect that if he isn't 38-22 for 684 yds and 14 tds vs Bowling Green in Nashville that he'll hear some catcalls early and maybe even some chants for Dormady/Dormandy or whoever very early.

Last edited:
I like Prescott but believe he's going to be drug down by his team. IMO, they lost so much production that they are going to sink to the bottom of the West.

Gonna be honest.... I hope Dobbs does improve significantly as a passer. I love the guy and always have... but UT needs a long ball threat.

Reactions: 3 people
It fairness, the backup has become so popular for us recently because the starter (whomever) just hasn't won much. And then last year, we ran the read option with Worley (who my 7 year old could out run...and that literally not a joke) knowing that Dobbs was sitting on the bench.

Gotta give you credit, you always find an ounce of flesh on that extremely dead horse.. Just keep beating away my friend.

Reactions: 2 people
Greg McElroy loves us. Solid list, but I think Dak is going to have a rough year. He's a great quarterback, but they lost so many players. I'm not sure he can carry the entire team all season, especially considering how brutal the West is going to be this year (almost every team ranked). Lots of parity in the division this year.

No, it was a joke. Doubt your second grader can run a sub 5 second 40.

No knock on dobbs but if he is the number one QB in the conference at the end of the season then he wins the Heisman throphy and UT is in CFP

He can't win the heisman, it'll go to someone who'll win it in a way nobody else has and he will be the runner up. I'm going with first offensive lineman.

(History:
Johnny Majors: runner up to only player on a team that had a losing season
Peyton Manning: runner up to only primarily defensive player)

VN Store

Back