2015 Depth Chart Offense/Defense

Mini Me

VFL
I was thinking about the 2015 depth chart and found this one on a Google search. Seems pretty accurate with the exception of a few spots. I wanted to put this out there so that we could see the two deep and what we might have (coming back) next year.

Offense

QB 11 Dobbs, Joshua JR
Backup - 12 Dormady, Quinten FR

RB - 1 Hurd, Jalen SO
Backup - 6 Kamara, Alvin RS SO

WR 8 North, Marquez JR
Backup - 18 Croom, Jason RS JR

WR 2 Howard, Pig SR
Backup - 25 Smith, Josh RS SO

WR 3 Malone, Josh SO
Backup - 9 Pearson, Von RS SR/TR

LT 77 Kerbyson, Kyler RS SR
Backup - 51 Richmond, Drew FR

LG 75 Jackson, Marcus RS SR
Backup - 60 Sanders, Austin RS SO

OC 57 Crowder, Mack RS SR
Backup - 71 Wiesman, Dylan JR

RG 73 Robertson, Jashon SO
Backup - 66 Jones, Jack FR

RT 55 Thomas, Coleman SO
Backup - 77 Kerbyson, Kyler RS SR

TE 82 Wolf, Ethan SO
Backup - 48 Ellis, Alex RS SR

Defense

DE 9 Barnett, Derek SO
Backup - 5 Phillips, Kyle FR

DT 1 McKenzie, Kahlil FR
Backup - 95 O'Brien, Danny RS JR

NT 58 Williams, Owen RS SR/TR
Backup - 96 Saulsberry, Trevarris RS SR

LDE 56 Maggitt, Curt RS SR
Backup - 50 Vereen, Corey JR

SLB 17 Bates, Dillon RS FR
Backup - 42 Weatherd, Chris SR/TR

MLB 51 Bynum, Kenny RS JR
Backup - 44 Johnson, Jakob SO

WLB 21 Reeves-Maybin, Jalen JR
Backup - 20 McDowell, Cortez SO

CB 23 Sutton, Cameron JR
Backup - 22 Foreman, Malik JR

SS 37 Randolph, Brian RS SR
Backup - 29 Berry, Evan SO

FS 33 McNeil, LaDarrell SR
Backup - 6 Kelly Jr., Todd SO

CB 12 Moseley, Emmanuel SO
Backup - 8 Martin, Justin SO/TR

Reactions: 2 people
I see a few changes on the o-line. Kendrick will start at RT and Thomas will be a backup at C. Also Jack Jones will play tackle, not guard.

Agree.

Also, I don't think MLB goes to Bynum or Jakob J. I think it goes to Kirkland, JRM, Bryant, or Jumper. In the 2 LB sets, Bates and JRM could make a mean tandem behind the nice DT and DE tandems.

Reactions: 1 person
I see a few changes on the o-line. Kendrick will start at RT and Thomas will be a backup at C. Also Jack Jones will play tackle, not guard.

Yeah. I noticed that in the OP and the link I posted.

Kendrick seemed to have set himself apart some in the Spring. We'll see I guess.

Blair and Richmond should start at left and right tackle. If Kerbyson and Thomas start, it will be a repeat of last year. What about Vickers and Tuttle on the D-line?

Agree.

Also, I don't think MLB goes to Bynum or Jakob J. I think it goes to Kirkland, JRM, Bryant, or Jumper. In the 2 LB sets, Bates and JRM could make a mean tandem behind the nice DT and DE tandems.

This is correct imho.

Agree.

Bynum will compete. Jacob is back to the DL.

BATES or Kirkland will be the guy.
Jumper is a heck of player, but he's depth.

Maybe JRM goes to middle and McDowell starts at olb??

Many options.

Agree.

Everyone tends to forget McDowell. He looks like a JRM clone. If JRM goes to MLB then I strongly suspect that McDowell will line up beside him.

Blair and Richmond should start at left and right tackle. If Kerbyson and Thomas start, it will be a repeat of last year. What about Vickers and Tuttle on the D-line?

So they should start whether they're the best players or not? Blair so far has failed to climb into the 2 deep in spite of near desperate attempts to give him every chance to do so. Richmond probably doesn't have the upper body strength to do it. I hope he can step in and start... but very strongly doubt that he will.

Kendrick left spring at #1 at RT. IMO, he looked like the most athletic of UT's OL's when he played last year. Good quick feet.

I would hate to see Thomas back at RT. He got beat often. He was too young and playing out of position.

Barring serious injuries, this team is a left tackle and a MLB away from greatness, I hope a couple guys step up.

So they should start whether they're the best players or not? Blair so far has failed to climb into the 2 deep in spite of near desperate attempts to give him every chance to do so. Richmond probably doesn't have the upper body strength to do it. I hope he can step in and start... but very strongly doubt that he will.

Kendrick left spring at #1 at RT. IMO, he looked like the most athletic of UT's OL's when he played last year. Good quick feet.

I would hate to see Thomas back at RT. He got beat often. He was too young and playing out of position.

We don't know that. Our staff is great at recruiting, however, they haven't shown that they know whose the better player to start. All I need to do is say Josh Dobbs. Somehow they tried to convince us that he wasn't the best option at QB till injuries forced him to play and then we found out what he was.

I'm not a big fan of the rinse and repeat with the Kyler Kerbyson at LT experiment. That failed miserably last year. Just like the Worley at QB experiment. I'd hate for us to find out that Blair is actually a great player after some guys go down with injuries and our staff couldn't see it.

Reactions: 3 people
And, while all of our guys gotta work hard in the offseason and on practice field ...

... some guys are just a different kind of animal in game situations.

And we have several who have not yet had chance to show it in a game.

We don't know that. Our staff is great at recruiting, however, they haven't shown that they know whose the better player to start. All I need to do is say Josh Dobbs. Somehow they tried to convince us that he wasn't the best option at QB till injuries forced him to play and then we found out what he was.
While decisions like the one to play Thomas at RT are head scratchers... you are simply wrong about QB. They didn't anticipate how bad the OL would be. Dobbs never reached Worley's level throwing the ball. With even a "decent" OL, Worley is probably an SEC leader in passing... and UT is probably an 8 win team. An "average" OL with Worley at QB wins both the UF and UGA games.

I'm not a big fan of the rinse and repeat with the Kyler Kerbyson at LT experiment.
Not an experiment. They grade these guys as they perform against UT's DL's... which is a pretty good measuring stick. So far, KK is the guy.

That failed miserably last year. Just like the Worley at QB experiment.
KK was bad at times but I've watched many of last year's games recently. He was much better than Thomas at RT... the OL played better once Gilliam came back. Who knows how they might have played had he not gotten hurt and had played at LT all year?

Worley wasn't an "experiment" either. He played his way into the starting role because he could manage the O and get the ball to playmakers when given the opportunity.

I'd hate for us to find out that Blair is actually a great player after some guys go down with injuries and our staff couldn't see it.
He could be a gamer. But once again, he hasn't been able to claw his way into the two deep after getting many opportunities.

I've been attacked for FAR less criticism of Jones than you've made here. You've basically called him stupid when it comes to managing personnel.

Reactions: 4 people
Everyone tends to forget McDowell. He looks like a JRM clone. If JRM goes to MLB then I strongly suspect that McDowell will line up beside him.

I think we'll see more of McDowell in the 3 LB sets. In the 2, I think there are too many options in front of him at the moment. But you're right, if JRM does move inside, it increases his chances.

VN Store

Back