Poll: Nashville's Pathetic Radio Shows

Poll: Nashville's Pathetic Radio Shows

• Total voters

madbamahater

Nashville continues to grow in size and popularity by the day. But, our local sports radio shows don't. In fact, they get worse by the day and most of the time are nearly unbearable.

Why do we have the worst local sports radio shows and options in the country?

Vote for the show that you either hate the most or think is just simply the worst and explain why............

My new #1 worst show in Nashville is Stillman and Callahan. Why? Because they just simply aren't very talented and the "main host" sounds like a 12 year old who still hasn't gone through puberty. Plus he totally contradicts every statement or opinion he has ever made public. At the very best, he is attempting to be a poor man's Clay Travis.............

Reactions: 1 person
I enjoy midday 180, but that's just me. I am also a fan of Braden Gall's weekly show on 104.5, wish it was more frequent.

They're all pretty bad.

I don't listen to anything on 94.9 or 102.5, Plaster is unbearable.

I kinda like Wychek on the Wake Up Zone but Mark Howard is obnoxious and Kevin Ingram is a dork.

Cant stand Midday 180, every time Ive tried to listen to that show I literally want to drive to the station and punch Paul Kuharsky in the face.

Mickey Ryan on the 3HL is funny but they talk about too much dumb off topic stuff. Also, I cant listen to Blain Bishop. That poor guy is literally dumb as a rock on anything other than football. When he gets excited his voice goes up to teenage girl pitch, very annoying.

Normally I listen to the first hour of the Swain Event on my way to work and as much of the rest of the show I can fit in on Podcast on my way home. Going to start listening to RTI more though. Nashville sports radio blows.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Nashville continues to grow in size and popularity by the day. But, our local sports radio shows don't. In fact, they get worse by the day and most of the time are nearly unbearable.

Vote for the show that you either hate the most or think is just simply the worst and explain why............

My new #1 worst show in Nashville is Stillman and Callahan. Why? Because they just simply aren't very talented and the "main host" sounds like a 12 year old who still hasn't gone through puberty. Plus he totally contradicts every statement or opinion he has ever made public. At the very best, he is attempting to be a poor man's Clay Travis.............

After spending most of my life in Knoxville listening to the Sports Animal, I moved to within earshot of the Zone a couple years ago. Went from worst to bad. I agree it's not the best, but IMO its better than 99.1 Knoxville

Reactions: 4 people
its brutal....3HL is garbage now and nothing is worse than hearing Paul Kuharsky on the Zone.

Sorry I was still typing options while you were posting. It happens that way....................please vote!

I posted this in an off-topic thread and it just doesn't get views.

But it deserves to be in the football forum especially since none of the shows hosts or co-hosts are Vol supporters.

I am NOT suggesting they necessarily need to be Vol supporters but this is a Vol forum of course and this is OUR state. But, the radio options in Nashville are so bad that I typically try to tune in to the National Shows. At least the National shows talk about all sports across the country..................

The Nashville shows are an embarrassment especially for what our city has evolved to.........

You do know that 104.5 The Zone has some of the, if not THE highest ratings of any sports talk station in the country, right? Gotta be down something right. I like the guys in the morning, especially Kevin Ingram. I think their best show is probably the Midday 180, even though Chad and Paul can at times be annoying as hell. I'll give you the 3HL though....actually listened more to that show when Travis was on there even though I can't stand the Vandy homer.....that show has really slipped and I literally never listen to them anymore. Ton of UT stuff as the flagship station in Nashville overall though so if I listen to local stuff it'll be 104.5 most of the time.

All that being said, Stillman & Callahan are now the worst. Also, Van Pelt is no longer on the radio with Russillo....it's just Russillo.

Last edited:
No show in Nashville has enough college sports, SEC talk or SEC football talk especially for my taste. Baseball, the Preds, Titans, Brady's deflated balls are all channel changers for me but I know that it's different for others. I can go for some of the NFL stuff in small chunks except when they spend a week on what an offset is.

For the poll I voted for the Midday 180. Paul Kuharsky is one human being that I cannot listen to on any subject for any length of time. A close second is Mark Howard for me.

104.5 is well oiled machine right now. Morning and Midday shows are great. If you can't stand Kuharsky, then you simply don't get his shtick. I disagree with him sometimes, but most of the time find him very entertaining.

3HL in the afternoon has gone downhill since Clay Travis left a year ago. On a side note. He will be appearing on the show, beginning next month, on a weekly guest spot during the football season.

104.5 is well oiled machine right now. Morning and Midday shows are great. If you can't stand Kuharsky, then you simply don't get his shtick. I disagree with him sometimes, but most of the time find him very entertaining.

3HL in the afternoon has gone downhill since Clay Travis left a year ago. On a side note. He will be appearing on the show, beginning next month, on a weekly guest spot during the football season.

I'm going to disagree with you there. I can get his "shtick" and still not stand listening to him or his "shtick."

I cant stand Paul K or Blaine Bishop. I cant decide who I dislike the most. Really and truely, if it aint on 104.5, i dont listen to it. Having said that, the Plaster show is still as blah as always. He works better than a bottle of sleeping pills for me.

Last edited:
Maybe a better poll question would be: Does anyone care about Nashville radio sports media?

Maybe a better poll question would be: Does anyone care about Nashville radio sports media?

Sure!!! Those of us that live in the Mid State...... We like sports and wish we had a nice local option.....

More Mid State Vol fans make up the UT fan base on VolNation than anywhere else BTW

No show in Nashville has enough college sports, SEC talk or SEC football talk especially for my taste. Baseball, the Preds, Titans, Brady's deflated balls are all channel changers for me but I know that it's different for others. I can go for some of the NFL stuff in small chunks except when they spend a week on what an offset is.

For the poll I voted for the Midday 180. Paul Kuharsky is one human being that I cannot listen to on any subject for any length of time. A close second is Mark Howard for me.

Spoken like a true southern gentleman BTO. Both Howard and Kuharsky are definitely "acquired tastes" to say the least. I concur.

I stopped listening to Plaster and company way back because approximately 113% of their discussions and content was on the stupid Predators. But I'll now turn over there occasionally if I get a heads up on Twitter if UT is about to be discussed or if Butch or another UT coach is being interviewed. Same pretty much with 3HL since they've just become impossible to listen to IMHO.

I've made listening to Swain in the morning and the RTI guys in the afternoon appointment listening via my iPhone anymore to get my UT fix.

VN Store

Back