The opener in Nashville is less than a month away...

NighthawkVol

...and I couldn't be more excited.

But for some reason, there are 20,000 tickets remaining. This is inexcusable. I've seen some blame the weather (yeah, because it's never hot in Tennessee). Others blame TV. Boloney. The Nashville Sports Council hasn't promoted it enough? Really? Since when to Vol fans need promotion? This is a "neutral site" game in our state capitol, perhaps the most important recruiting area for our program. It is the first game in which Tennessee will be ranked in forever. First game with Nike. Most talented Tennessee team in almost a decade. And, according to many, the first game of what is to be the season that launches us back among the contenders in the SEC. NO EXCUSE not to attend this game if you aren't doing something else.

East Tennesseans...I'm constantly having to remind you all that the Vols aren't just an East Tennessee team. That Neyland Stadium gets over 100K on Saturdays because of a HUGE number of fans from Middle and West Tennessee who make the trip. Not just for the Georgias and the Alabamas, but for the Marshalls, the Georgia States, the Fresnos, etc. I know. I'm one of them and I know many others. So if you're truly as loyal and dedicated as those Middle and West Tennessee fans, you can make the drive to Nashville to cheer on the Vols in their opener and show who Nashville really belongs to. It's just one game.

Middle and West Tennesseans...this is also your chance to show that Nashville and Middle Tennessee is Big Orange Country. That UT is not just an East Tennessee school, but it represents THE ENTIRE STATE. Our state.

Lastly, empty seats in Nashville will just look bad. It will signify that we still aren't there yet. I'm ready to be there. Four of us are going. We're tailgating. We're making a day of it. And we're going to cheer on our talented Vols....the team I've been waiting to see for almost a decade...against a good Bowling Green team picked to win its division. Y'all get tickets and get to Nissan Stadium on 9/5.

Click here for tickets: http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=FB&linkID=utenn&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=&_ga=1.23030834.886815841.1438350597

Reactions: 11 people
If by less than a month away, you mean 36 days then yeah, you're right.

Also, the game is still a pretty far out, and let's be real, it's in Vandy city (go ahead and lol), it's true.

Reactions: 12 people

But for some reason, there are 20,000 tickets remaining. This is inexcusable. I've seen some blame the weather (yeah, because it's never hot in Tennessee). Others blame TV. Boloney. The Nashville Sports Council hasn't promoted it enough? Really? Since when to Vol fans need promotion? This is a "neutral site" game in our state capitol, perhaps the most important recruiting area for our program. It is the first game in which Tennessee will be ranked in forever. First game with Nike. Most talented Tennessee team in almost a decade. And, according to many, the first game of what is to be the season that launches us back among the contenders in the SEC. NO EXCUSE not to attend this game if you aren't doing something else.

East Tennesseans...I'm constantly having to remind you all that the Vols aren't just an East Tennessee team. That Neyland Stadium gets over 100K on Saturdays because of a HUGE number of fans from Middle and West Tennessee who make the trip. Not just for the Georgias and the Alabamas, but for the Marshalls, the Georgia States, the Fresnos, etc. I know. I'm one of them and I know many others. So if you're truly as loyal and dedicated as those Middle and West Tennessee fans, you can make the drive to Nashville to cheer on the Vols in their opener and show who Nashville really belongs to. It's just one game.

Middle and West Tennesseans...this is also your chance to show that Nashville and Middle Tennessee is Big Orange Country. That UT is not just an East Tennessee school, but it represents THE ENTIRE STATE. Our state.

Lastly, empty seats in Nashville will just look bad. It will signify that we still aren't there yet. I'm ready to be there. Four of us are going. We're tailgating. We're making a day of it. And we're going to cheer on our talented Vols....the team I've been waiting to see for almost a decade...against a good Bowling Green team picked to win its division. Y'all get tickets and get to Nissan Stadium on 9/5.

I wish I could like this post more than once!
Spot on!!! :clapping:

Reactions: 3 people

Click here for tickets: http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=FB&linkID=utenn&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=&_ga=1.23030834.886815841.1438350597

Woah....didn't realize you knew EXACTLY where each person who bought a ticket is from. Don't judge or condemn other people. And who says Middle TN and West TN are more loyal fans just cause they have to drive farther? I live in East TN and I will be at the opener.

Just calm down. It's actually over a month to go, and games against opponents like BGU don't typically fill up till much closer to the game. The seats will be pretty much full I guarantee it.

Reactions: 1 person
This game is less attractive to me because it is in Nashville instead of Neyland. I rarely get to see a game in person... so for my $ I'd rather go to Neyland.

Reactions: 5 people
I wish I could be there but I will be visiting my son in NYC that weekend. You guys will just have to handle BG without me, I will have the DVR set and try to find a sports bar in NY that might have it on.

GBO!

We've got the greatest stadium in the world with the best game day atmosphere in the known world and we play in Nashville. Huh?

If by less than a month away, you mean 36 days . en yeah, you're right.

Also, the game is still a pretty far out, and let's be real, it's in Vandy city (go ahead and lol), it's true.

Yeah. Thats why Vandys stadium is sold out in Orange every other year. Nashville is Vols country

Calenders are good!:thumbsup:

That car in your avatar is Awesome.
Imagine buying it and bringing it home...."honey, you know how I really needed a new car and there was a sale on 2015's and football season has me hyped"....
(Door slams and clothes out on the lawn...lol).

I'm coming up from Atlanta for the game and will be bringing at least 3-4 others with me. However, I much prefer to buy tix right before kickoff. Its amazing how much you can save by waiting...enough to probably cover gas and lunch. GOOOOOO VOLS!!!! :clapping:

Could be that the OP is on that newly discovered, earth-like planet and it's rotating on it's axis just a bit slower than Earth spins.

Well looking at the rest of his post, I'll go with he's just a
Jackass.jpg

Sorry, Cant do it>>Season Tickets>>Bristol Tickets >> Vacation in OCT to St Martin>>sons wedding in Sept...money a bit tight...

Or I would be right there.

I'm betting a significant amount of Nashvillian's are expecting to walk up to the stadium and just buy a ticket. Many may have never attended a Tennessee game in Neyland so they may not be familiar with the struggle in getting a ticket. Plus, I'm sure these casual fans are thinking that it should be real easy considering our lack of success. Tickets will likely be cheap outside the stadium.

I will say that I am surprised at the amount of people that I know from Knoxville that are not going. It seems odd to me. If you haven't been to Nashville in the last few years, than you are missing out. It's growing like a weed and there is a ton of stuff to do. After the game, my posse will probably walk across the bridge into broadway which will be a circus! It's a hell of a good time!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back