Preston Williams test score flagged by NCAA

Sept 12th is the next testing date unless I am missing soemthing

If this is true mark him off the list for this year

Back when I graduated high school...the SAT was a required test to pass and get into College. No way around it, so why in the world would he have to re-take it...unless someone has made a comment to the university that he "cheated" or his scores were altered back in high school.

Reactions: 2 people
Sept 12th is the next testing date unless I am missing soemthing

If this is true mark him off the list for this year

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams 26m26 minutes ago
The NCAA Clearinghouse red-flagged Williams' ACT score after a significant jump. His date to retake is expected to be set within 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 person
Unbelievable.

Flag his score now? One month before the season starts.
When did he take it the second time?
How long has the NCAA had that score before flagging it and informing UT?
I can't wait til the power five breaks away from NCAA.

Reactions: 31 people
Whats the minimum score an athlete can have at UT to get in? Im sure it differs from the normal student body. Also, I wonder how long it will take to get his results back if they do let him retake within the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams 26m26 minutes ago
The NCAA Clearinghouse red-flagged Williams' ACT score after a significant jump. His date to retake is expected to be set within 2 weeks.

Good news.

Maybe the NCAA allows for a private testing date when scores are red flagged but usually the only scores accepted are taken on national testing dates

The only positive about this is at least he has more time to get 100% healthy. I wasn't looking for him to contribute till the end of the season anyway.

Unbelievable.

Flag his score now? One month before the season starts.
When did he take it the second time?
How long has the NCAA had that score before flagging it and informing UT?
I can't wait til the power five breaks away from NCAA.

It'll be bitter sweet imo. Because a new system would likely lead to players get paid big money, and I think college football will turn into even more of a minor league system for the NFL.

Reactions: 4 people
Not good that it gets red flagged after a significant jump. Hopefully he can get the new scores back really soon and he doesn't encounter any more NCAA problems. I'm afraid he will be answering a lot of questions from them though. Do they have their own test that they can expedite the process?

FROM NCAA CLEARINGHOUSE - A prospect needs an 800 on the SAT to qualify given his GPA. He takes the test twice and gets a 500 and a 1000. His 1000 is flagged and he is ordered to retake the test to validate his score, which he takes after he starts school. If he needs 900 to validate his score of 1000, but only gets an 850, he still does not qualify, even though the 850 meets the requirement on the sliding scale.

The reason goes back to the test-score time limitation. Because the score he uses has to come before he starts college, the athlete has to validate the 1000, which he earned within the time limitation. The 850 he earns on the validation test is not usable, because he earned that score after college.

So it still doesn't mean all good news for Preston having to re-take it.

Does this make him unable to be with the team until it's sorted out? Such f***** BS

FROM NCAA CLEARINGHOUSE - A prospect needs an 800 on the SAT to qualify given his GPA. He takes the test twice and gets a 500 and a 1000. His 1000 is flagged and he is ordered to retake the test to validate his score, which he takes after he starts school. If he needs 900 to validate his score of 1000, but only gets an 850, he still does not qualify, even though the 850 meets the requirement on the sliding scale.

The reason goes back to the test-score time limitation. Because the score he uses has to come before he starts college, the athlete has to validate the 1000, which he earned within the time limitation. The 850 he earns on the validation test is not usable, because he earned that score after college.

So it still doesn't mean all good news for Preston having to re-take it.

He has to retake the ACT not the SAT

Reactions: 4 people
Back when I graduated high school...the SAT was a required test to pass and get into College. No way around it, so why in the world would he have to re-take it...unless someone has made a comment to the university that he "cheated" or his scores were altered back in high school.

They flag scores when they change dramatically which is the case here. It's complete and utter BS that they waited this long to flag his score though. The Clearinghouse screws UT every time they have the opportunity.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back