Fall Camp Suprises

ERvolsfan

VolNation with fall camp starting next week I thought it would be great to discuss some of our expectations and such. My first toss up idea is. Who will be a surprise player on both Off & Def.

Offense: I could see Creamer stepping up as a quality TE behind Wolf

Defense: Gaulden i know this isn't necessarily a surprise since most fans are excited about him but still yet to be proven.

S/T: McDowell could really see him becoming one of our reliable ST players.

Underrated Freshmen surprise like Sutton, and Moseley. Both were 3 star guys. - I'm gonna guess Vincent Perry could be a slot guy to come in behind Pig, and JJ.

Reactions: 2 people
Offense: Ray Raulerson.

Defense: Kendall Vickers

ST: RDA is going to be a good return man for us.

Freshman Surprise of the Year: Austin Smith & Eli Wolf

Offense: Dontavious Blair (Please Lord, let this be true)

Defense: Darrel Taylor. Dude is a physical freak.

S/T: Quarte Sapp. I think he will destroy some opposing returners on special teams.

Reactions: 7 people
Offense: Dontavious Blair (Please Lord, let this be true)

Defense: Darrel Taylor. Dude is a physical freak.

S/T: Quarte Sapp. I think he will destroy some opposing returners on special teams.

Offense: Brett Kendrick

Defense: Cortez McDowell

ST: RDA IV

Reactions: 1 person
Offense:

1.) Alvin Kamara - I hope he's everything he's hyped up to be. We leaned way too much on Hurd last season and it affected his durability. We need Kamara to step up in a huge way.

2.) Drew Richmond - I hope he's really special and shows out in camp. The idea of a true freshman starting at left tackle scares the hell out of me. If he does a good job of containing Barnett in fall camp, that will ease my fears some.

Defense:

1.) Darrin Kirkland Jr - I hope he turns out to be a true stud and seizes that starting MLB position quickly.

2.) Dillon Bates - Hope he comes back strong from injury and earns one of those starting OLB positions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Austin Smith....remember the name. I've been banging the drum for him since signing day. I think he'll be the Emmanuel Moseley/Cam Sutton of this class. The 3 star recruit that the services miss on who'll be a SUPERSTAR. I think he passes Weathered on the depth chart in camp and plays the primary backup to Curt Maggitt at the Leo. He'll be so good this year as a freshmen that we'll have no worries when we're talking next year about who'll replace Curt Maggitt after he graduates.

AUSTIN SMITH. That is my surprise.

Reactions: 6 people
Rod Wilks and Chuck Norris show up to do the "Circle of Life" and it causes an earthquake.

Rod Wilks was bitten by an Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake and a Copperhead on Wed eve.. After much pain and suffering both snakes died this morning.

Reactions: 7 people
Offense: Juan Jenning, the guy is a baller. If we get the ball in his hand I think he will make plays.

Defense: Kyle Phillips, I can see him being Maggit's back up this year.

ST's: RDA

Freshman surprise: I guess Vincent Perry, but besides the freshman that are hyped up no one else should start imo. Maybe an OL, but i don't see it.

I think we've already seen enough surprises. Im good with the status quo for about 4-5 more months.

Reactions: 5 people
Offense: Juan Jenning, the guy is a baller. If we get the ball in his hand I think he will make plays.

Defense: Kyle Phillips, I can see him being Maggit's back up this year.

ST's: RDA

Freshman surprise: I guess Vincent Perry, but besides the freshman that are hyped up no one else should start imo. Maybe an OL, but i don't see it.
Mine is young Phillips as well. In my head, I'm thinking he has not gotten the press and accolades some of his fellow classmates have like Richardson, KMac, & Shy. With Barnett & Maggitt locking down the edges young Phillips has not gotten a lot of love, he is a phenom, recently mentioned by CBJ in an article as playing this year, and in the Army game flat axx showed out as a defensive player. Methinks when he gets on the field this year he plays with a chip on his shoulder and will be special.

My dark horses are Micah Abernathy and John Kelly. Neither win starting jobs but both could really impress in camp. Kelly could prove to be a very good back up to Hurd and Kamara.

I think Jack Jones may be the one who really turns heads and possibly wins a starting job before the season is over.

Reactions: 4 people
My dark horses are Micah Abernathy and John Kelly. Neither win starting jobs but both could really impress in camp. Kelly could prove to be a very good back up to Hurd and Kamara.

I think Jack Jones may be the one who really turns heads and possibly wins a starting job before the season is over.

I hope one of the "lesser" RBs really show skill. That'll give us a fantastic RB squad

Defense: Evan Berry

Offense: Josh Smith becomes a serious weapon

Freshmen: Shy Tuttle shows he can be counted on

Von Pearson shows up ready to play!

Offense : Jack Jones or Drew Richmond
Defense: Darrell Taylor

Can't wait. Really any changes/competition on the O-line might be nice.

Like the Abernathy pick. I think Venzell Boulware will grow a lot this year. I expect a RS year but we will see his body change a lot. Look for him at G in 2016 because of Jackson graduating.

VN Store

Back