Might lose another?

juggernaUT

Swain just tweeted that's there's another freshman that might be next if they don't get there stuff together. Any ideas who it is!?

Have all freshmen arrived? Wondering if it could be a guy who's not yet here.

Wth?? Butch is gonna need to re-evaluate that recruiting profile if we keep losing freshman recruits before fall practice even starts.....Bruce, Oliver, and now another?

Reactions: 1 person
Did we have any other blue shirts? Nothing more than a guess but might be one of them again.

Have all freshmen arrived? Wondering if it could be a guy who's not yet here.

Everybody here except Picou. Swain's tweet made it sound like its a guy already on campus who's not handling his business.

@SwainEvent: There's one more freshman that if he doesnt straighten up, he will packing too.

Last edited:
Everybody here except Picou. Swain's tweet made it sound like its a guy already on campus who's not handling his business.

@SwainEvent: There's one more freshman that if he doesnt straighten up, he will packing too.

My 1st thought was justin martin, but he's not a freshman

I'm glad the problems are being eliminated instead of allowed to have endless chances. Better than investing in their development and giving them playing time only to end up booting them off of the team. Viva la Butch!

Reactions: 16 people
Vincent Perry was the other blue shirt iirc. Haven't heard anything about him to date.

Oliver was a blue shirt also.

there are still 4 blue shirts with Perry and Young being two of them. the other 2 still unknown.

Bruce and Oliver being gone moves the possible signees up to 20.

Swafford was a counter in the 2015 non-blue shirt 25 signees. Since he went on medical, it opened up one of the 25 and they moved a blue shirt back to there.

so 21 signees in the 2016 class now and 4 blue shirts to make up the 25 for 2016. Will not pursue any blue shirts on 2017 class.

Reactions: 5 people
A friend of my dad who is in the know about these type of stories was telling me the story yesterday morning to my dad, I was not paying much attention, he did not know who it was but I heard him saying that Butch was yelling at him in his office giving him a tongue lashing he told my dad what the player did but was playing golf so did not catch the whole thing. Wish I asked him to repeat the story.

A friend of my dad who is in the know about these type of stories was telling me the story yesterday morning to my dad, I was not paying much attention, he did not know who it was but I heard him saying that Butch was yelling at him in his office giving him a tongue lashing he told my dad what the player did but was playing golf so did not catch the whole thing. Wish I asked him to repeat the story.
wjO3dGv.gif

Reactions: 26 people
17 players gone in past three years and eight from the 2014 class, is this really accurate? I wonder how it stacks up to other programs? Seems a bit concerning given the constant rebuilding of our program that has been supposedly transpiring for the past 7 years

17 players gone in past three years and eight from the 2014 class, is this really accurate? I wonder how it stacks up to other programs? Seems a bit concerning given the constant rebuilding of our program that has been supposedly transpiring for the past 7 years

Name one of them to go on and become big stars? They all drop leagues and fall out of the ballgame before nfl. He's just weeding out the kids he knows aren't giving 100% to the big orange. Pun intended. Trust in Butch.

Reactions: 4 people
Well until someone knows for sure let's try to refrain from smearing innocent players' names till we know.

Reactions: 6 people
My 1st thought was justin martin, but he's not a freshman

Me too. Actually wrote and then deleted his name as the culprit for the same reason. Sucks that we're having so many issues with the young uns....definitely be listening to Swain in the morning to see if he elaborates.

Name one of them to go on and become big stars? They all drop leagues and fall out of the ballgame before nfl. He's just weeding out the kids he knows aren't giving 100% to the big orange. Pun intended. Trust in Butch.

It's pretty tough for them to become stars in under a year from the date of dismissal. That being said, I have the utmost trust in Butch and praise him for how he has handled disciplinary issues. Guess I'm just sad to see some of these recruits go before they even get to run through the T

I think Hendrix and Helm have potential. They didn't fit in well culturally here, but they've got the ability to make some noise and get drafted.

florida has 3 from their 2015 class not even making it in and one transferred. it happens. Battered Vol Syndrome is real. Kyle Oliver was not Jimmy Graham and wasnt going to touch the grass of shields watkins for a while.

VN Store

Back