20,000 Bowling Green tickets remain

I make decent money for a living. We already have our tickets.

But for the venue and the opponent and UT coming off of a 7-6 season, the ticket prices are ridiculously waaaay over priced................

Anyone will be able to get a 20.00 ticket before kickoff outside of stadium.........

Reactions: 3 people

But for the venue and the opponent and UT coming off of a 7-6 season, the ticket prices are ridiculously waaaay over priced................

Anyone will be able to get a 20.00 ticket before kickoff outside of stadium.........

My tickets are in section 111 which is at about the 40 yard line in the lower bowl. I think 70 bucks each is fair for those.

Of course UT wants to be the dominate force in Nashville and the exposure is great and you want a sure win or at least better be a sure win if playing away from Knoxville at a special venue.

It's in UTs best interest to play Oklahoma in Neyland. But playing Oklahoma in Nashville would be huge and hype and fun!!!!!!!!

Still unsure why we are playing a neutral site game against a team like Bowling Green? I would think having this game in Neyland would earn more. Maybe they are trying to get more Tennesseans a chance to see the Vols.

Still unsure why we are playing a neutral site game against a team like Bowling Green? I would think having this game in Neyland would earn more. Maybe they are trying to get more Tennesseans a chance to see the Vols.

I'm not sure Knoxville has an entertainment tax that is pretty steep.

Reactions: 1 person

Trying to build support in Middle TN. We get a lot of guys from that region.

Reactions: 2 people
and it was supposed to be UAB before Bryant decided to submarine that program, so we had to scramble and scheduled Bowling Green. not that UAB would have been a "better" opponent or anything, but as to how it became Bowling Green, that's how.

surprised it won't bring more people up from Memphis. 3 hour drive, can go up and back same day if one desired.

This. I live 10 minutes from Nissan Stadium and have no plans to buy tickets before the game. Will be a buyers market without a doubt.

I am shocked....and disappointed. I am on the 35 yard line....3rd row...upper level....for $50 each. What is wrong with people? It's a holiday weekend in Nashville! I mean I know Vandy is there but it's still a cool city. I am driving from Atlanta and wouldn't miss this for anything. C'mon people.....get it in gear!

Reactions: 6 people
There's 20,000 tickets left because no one wants to pay that much to sit in an upper deck that's roughly the same distance from the field as my house in east Nashville.

I think the quality of opponent has a lot to do with it. I know that student tickets are $50 a piece for what is essentially a home game for us. It's a little disappointing, but I feel like as the game draws closer it will be near capacity by kickoff. There will probably be a decent amount of people that decide to go at the last second.

I understand the desire to give Middle and West TN to have a game closer to home, but an opponent of the quality of UAB or BGU, it doesn't seem necessary to have a neutral site game. Would have been more appropriate for it to be at Neyland.

i remember going to to the Liberty Bowl to see us play The Citadel like in 1983 or something....it was full back then!!! at least it was in the eyes of o 9 or 10 year old.

c'mon Nashville, you're making it look like it's Vandy's town!

This is disappointing. It must be the price. I remember the bowl game and the place was packed and tickets were being scalped at twice face. I understand this isn't a bowl game, but it's still a small venue in comparison and there are plenty of Vol fans in the Nashville area.

There's 20,000 tickets left because no one wants to pay that much to sit in an upper deck that's roughly the same distance from the field as my house in east Nashville.

Amen!
The ticket prices are ridiculous to pay for a lower tier opponent. I will wait and buy on the street.

Have had my 6 tickets since day 1......being from West Tennessee, glad to get a game in with a 2 hour drive instead of 6. If we want it to happen again, Middle and West Tennessee need to step it up. I see it as the "beginning" of something great, and personally I want to be there !

It's in UTs best interest to play Oklahoma in Neyland. But playing Oklahoma in Nashville would be huge and hype and fun!!!!!!!!

How about not, I want to have as few neutral sight games as possible. Things like the Bristol bowl are cool but we already have so few home games, why decrease that even more?

A couple of reasons why:
1) the game originally was to be UAB "home" game but we know what happened there
2) the Nashville Sports Council had the contract for the game
3) UT didn't want an 8th home game on the schedule since it increases the cost of season tickets by the cost of the xtra game (around 14%)

Nashville sports Council has done a horrible job marketing the game. Lets see what they do as it gets closer to game time.

I bought six tickets to the game. Labor Day weekend and a Vols game in Nashville sounds fun to me. It will also be my daughters first game, but she will be going to Neyland for the SC game later.

its still a month away. I wont buy my tickets until maybe two weeks prior. plus, a lot of ppl will buy day of.

Ppl like to see what the weather's gonna do and what not. Tickets are a little steep for the opponent as well.

VN Store

Back