Greg McElroy's top 10 SEC WR's

I love north, hope he stays healthy all year.

I think the sentiment around VN has morphed into a "North is decent, but not that good". If he gets to 100% health and stays their all year, then watch out. I believe he's the best WR we have (PW & JJ may challenge that). Last yr he was dinged up WHILE playing in some games. I think Butch was using him as a decoy there at the end.

Never seen ANY WR for UT that could catch more impossible balls. The NFL will come begging if he catches 50+ balls this year.

Reactions: 7 people
I think the sentiment around VN has morphed into a "North is decent, but not that good". If he gets to 100% health and stays their all year, then watch out. I believe he's the best WR we have (PW & JJ may challenge that). Last yr he was dinged up WHILE playing in some games. I think Butch was using him as a decoy there at the end.

Never seen ANY WR for UT that could catch more impossible balls. The NFL will come begging if he catches 50+ balls this year.

Disagree.. He is better than decent. He is our best rec

Reactions: 1 person
Honesty surprised he made the list. Pig was by far our best, most reliable and most productive receiver last year and coming into this year. Other than his physical attributes, what compels anyone to rate North as a better wr than Pig at this point?

Reactions: 4 people
Honesty surprised he made the list. Pig was by far our best, most reliable and most productive receiver last year and coming into this year. Other than his physical attributes, what compels anyone to rate North as a better wr than Pig at this point?

I agree. At best Howard and North are 1A and 1B. Although Marquez has made some spectacular plays for us. He has the most upside on size alone. But Alton is more of a proven commodity.

It's not the quantity, but the quality. North made plays, and has potential to be a 50 catch type of guy who dominates down the field. Pig is a bit of a swiss knife, not the prototypical huge big pure WR that Greg is mostly listing.

Agree. I like McElroy but no way North should even be near #5.

Reactions: 2 people

Physical attributes. With those I believe he could be near unstoppable without double teams. Pig definitely DID more last year. I'm not slighting him at all. Pig is a super slot guy and definitely the most exciting WR we have IMO.

But I believe Marquez has the capability to be an NFL team's #1 receiver one day. That's what manner I'm calling "best".

Agree. I like McElroy but no way North should even be near #5.

The list is for 15', not 14'. He believes MN has the best "ability" and thus the best odds of being elite on the field in the 2015 season. Whether he should be near #5 IDK. I'm not very familiar with many of the players in the SEC.

Reactions: 3 people
I agree. At best Howard and North are 1A and 1B. Although Marquez has made some spectacular plays for us. He has the most upside on size alone. But Alton is more of a proven commodity.

Good post.

Thinking about these two and our other WRs on the loose gets me pumped for this season. We truly could be exciting this year.

In two words, Larry Sievers. Phenomenal hands and incredible leaper, not to mention a two-time All-American (1975, 1976).

Reactions: 4 people
North has the talent, but he's got to be able to stay healthy enough to go out on the field and use it every Saturday. He hasn't been very good at that thus far in his career.

North has loads of potential but we need that to become production.

Actually surprised to not see another A&M receiver on that list, they are loaded at that position.

In two words, Larry Sievers. Phenomenal hands and incredible leaper, not to mention a two-time All-American (1975, 1976).

Only 11 or 12 at the time, but his name and legend was imparted into me at that time. Mainly that he could catch anything. Remember seeing him on TV, but thats all I got.

I agree. Nothing against North but if I had 1 red zone pass to give to anybody to win the game it's going to Mr. Pig. He is tried and tested... Nothing but results!

I agree. Nothing against North but if I had 1 red zone pass to give to anybody to win the game it's going to Mr. Pig. He is tried and tested... Nothing but results!

Pig is tried and tested, but with all due respect if we're talking 1 red zone pass I'm going to the 6'4, 224 lbs guy wearing #8.

Reactions: 3 people
North has the most potential, but due to the injury, Pig is currently our best receiver (and most underated player) on the team.

Glad for Marquez that he made this list. I remember watching his high school film when he first signed and like half his film is him getting jet sweeps. I was thinking I hope he is an actual receiver and not just someone with size and speed. Then he made that incredible catch in the USCjr game and has had a couple more since. I think he has the potential to be a Tennessee great. Stay healthy Quez!

Reactions: 2 people
If I had to rank our receiving corps in terms of their ability right now, I'd put Pig over Marquez...

1 Howard
2 North
3 Pearson
4 Smith
5 Malone
6 Croom
7 Abernathy
8 Williams
9 Johnson
10 Blanc
11 Perry

After Preston gets back to 100% and gets a few touches under his belt, he will start to shoot up the depth chart...fast

If I had to rank our receiving corps in terms of their ability right now, I'd put Pig over Marquez...

1 Howard
2 North
3 Pearson
4 Smith
5 Malone
6 Croom
7 Abernathy
8 Williams
9 Johnson
10 Blanc
11 Perry

After Preston gets back to 100% and gets a few touches under his belt, he will start to shoot up the depth chart...fast

This is how I would rank the entire SEC.

VN Store

Back