SDS prediction of Thursdays Coaches poll

Solid, about where we should expect to be. Haven't had the chance to prove we belong higher just yet...... SOON!!!!

20 is fine. I'd say we may be a little closer to 25 but start ranked.

The irony of the article is a little funny - a projection of a projection.

I also put a lot more stock in the AP poll. Coaches can be very biased. Highly ranking a team you play, win or lose, helps you. Plus having the opportunity to rank yourself.

Reactions: 1 person
I also put a lot more stock in the AP poll. Coaches can be very biased. Highly ranking a team you play, win or lose, helps you. Plus having the opportunity to rank yourself.

Not only that but the coaches don't actually watch the games. Pretty difficult to when you have to coach on Saturdays. I've always thought the Coaches' Poll was a bit of a silly tradition.

Reactions: 1 person
19. Arkansas
20. Tennessee

And yet some people think Arkansas will be a walkover game for us.

yeah,i caught that too. the funny thing is, ARK may win, but we might finish higher in the polls when all is said and done.

give CBJ credit for one thing, he's in the SEC E at the right time. it's there for the taking right now.

Poor CBB is gonna have to scratch and claw, and still may not get the results they would in another conf/division. i wonder where ARK would be projected to finish if they were in the East?

yeah,i caught that too. the funny thing is, ARK may win, but we might finish higher in the polls when all is said and done.

give CBJ credit for one thing, he's in the SEC E at the right time. it's there for the taking right now.

Poor CBB is gonna have to scratch and claw, and still may not get the results they would in another conf/division. i wonder where ARK would be projected to finish if they were in the East?

It's BEEN there for the taking. Everyone is having a field day with the crap-Florida years...everyone except us, of course.

Reactions: 2 people
It's BEEN there for the taking. Everyone is having a field day with the crap-Florida years...everyone except us, of course.

well, unfortunately for us, with the kiffin and dooley debacles, we were part of the reason it's there for the taking...just built some parody for MO and USCe. :)

the ones that should be feeling like they let it slip away is GA. they've not had that down cycle in recruiting or coaching.

they should have been able to reel of several SEC E wins and maybe a couple of SEC titles.

we're on teh way up, FL won't be down for long i suspect. i think it's going to be back to TN, GA, FL battling it out year in and year out again in the not too distant future.

well, unfortunately for us, with the kiffin and dooley debacles, we were part of the reason it's there for the taking...just built some parody for MO and USCe. :)

the ones that should be feeling like they let it slip away is GA. they've not had that down cycle in recruiting or coaching.

they should have been able to reel of several SEC E wins and maybe a couple of SEC titles.

we're on teh way up, FL won't be down for long i suspect. i think it's going to be back to TN, GA, FL battling it out year in and year out again in the not too distant future.

Agree with this tenfold. The fact that GA hasn't been dominant when the rest have been down is pretty telling. Richt as a person is great. Richt as a coach will have them at 'always a bridesmaid, never a bride.' IMO

Reactions: 2 people

Yep, it's the same for Beliema, Freeze, and Mullin. Even Sumlin to some extent, although with the ungodly amount of talent in Texas and the funding available at A&M, of those 4, he has the much better odds of winning the West.

Preseason poll is essentially a prediction, so we now have predictions of predictions haha. I try to take anything SDS 'reports' or predicts with a grain of salt.

Yep, it's the same for Beliema, Freeze, and Mullin. Even Sumlin to some extent, although with the ungodly amount of talent in Texas and the funding available at A&M, of those 4, he has the much better odds of winning the West.
i like both of these guys, but i do have to wonder what their shelf life is, in regards to keeping those programs relevant nationally.

Agree about Sumlin. a&m made a great move coming to the SEC...he's the Mike Tomlin of the SEC.

If we are talking about talent on the roster, then they should be.

True, but football is about match ups, and their strengths (OL, power running game) match up well against the areas where we have question marks (DT, MLB). If we can answer those questions we will be alright. If not...

I do think the Arkansas defense will take a step back this season. They lost their 3 best players off their defense (Flowers and Philon off the DL, and the LB Spaight), so I think our offense will have success against their D. And I think our offensive tempo will give them fits by the 4th quarter.

The key to our success against a team like Arkansas will be whether or not our defense can win 1st downs. If we can put them in 2nd and long and 3rd and long situations, I like our chances a lot for a solid win. If we allow them into 2nd and short, 3rd and short situations, they will tax our defense and our offense will not be able to afford empty possessions.

VN Store

Back