Is the The Swain Event Down Today?

BigOrangeD

Got Bitcoin?
Can't get it online just wondering if anyone is having problems with it? Maybe they forgot to pay the Electric Bill.:)

Reactions: 1 person
I'm listening via the app on my iPhone. Just heard "win Swain's lunch", haha.

I used to love the show but here's what I can't stand about it any more:

Stokes thinks he's dishing out mind-blowing info when he's just quoting what others have said a million times.

Swain can't read, can't pronounce a ton of words, struggles with grammar, and loves to play the "I played football so my opinion is validated" card.

How many commercials does the show have, and how often?

We get it Deadend bbq is the sponsor and it's not very good. "it's voted top 100bbq" by a guy who took a road trip around the south and wrote a book for his website.

Ainge used to break down schemes so well and when Swain tries to do it it's subpar.

Swain couldn't run the front end of a food city let alone a really good show because they seem so unprepared every day.

I liked it when it was what it was...a fun show that didn't try to impress you. I used to love to listen to it but now that they have the top morning spot it's changed for the worst.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Love Swain. Could really do without Stokes

He couldn't be more annoying. His brand of "humor" is to make fun of guys who are a foot taller and weigh 100 pounds more than he does. He needs to take his Press Pass and visit the locker room...he'd get a "for what" before he knew what hit him.

Reactions: 3 people
Love Swain. Could really do without Stokes

I'm pretty sure that Stokes posts here.
So, he is probably reading all of these comments.
Let me say some good things about him.
One, he knows how to run the board and produce a show.
I don't think Swain has any interest in doing this.
Would the show be better with Swain as a solo host?
I don't think so. He needs to play off of someone.
I think Stokes and Swaun have a good chemistry.
Much better than their predecessors, Jaybay and Ainge.
Jaybay, who I think owned the station, brought Ainge down by often veering into juvenile fart joke type of stuff.
Stokes does not do that.
Stokes does his homework and knows a lot about UT.
And, every one has to agree that this show is 1000 times better than the other Knoxville morning sports alternative.

Reactions: 5 people
Jaybay, who I think owned the station, brought Ainge down by often veering into juvenile fart joke type of stuff.
Stokes does not do that.
And, every one has to agree that this show is 1000 times better than the other Knoxville morning sports alternative.[/B]

Only because the bar is so low. We really need a good radio show but I'm not sure we'll get one. Hope I'm wrong.

Stokes does not do that.
And, every one has to agree that this show is 1000 times better than the other Knoxville morning sports alternative.

I'm good with Stokes chiming in and being Swain's sidekick. I agree that having 2 guys on the program is likely better and they seem to genuinely get along and have pretty good personal chemistry.

I personally just don't like the arrogance and condescension of so many of his takes. He often cuts Swain off mid sentence to give his uninformed opinion which carries no weight given that he's a self-described short, pudgy dude who never played a down of college football. So, when Swain's giving his viewpoint/insight based in large part on his own personal experiences of playing football at the major D1 level, and with his current standing as an insider to the program, I can really do without Stokes talking over him like he's a former all-American who went on to the NFL to play in multiple pro bowls.....who has the staff on speed dial. It's annoying. He needs a little humility and needs to understand his place/role on the show. He needs to run the board and chime in occasionally in a supportive role to Jayson IMO.....not constantly appear to be trying to one-up the guy in the studio for whom the radio program is named. Jmo.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm good with Stokes chiming in and being Swain's sidekick. I agree that having 2 guys on the program is likely better and they seem to genuinely get along and have pretty good personal chemistry.

I personally just don't like the arrogance and condescension of so many of his takes. He often cuts Swain off mid sentence to give his uninformed opinion which carries no weight given that he's a self-described short, pudgy dude who never played a down of college football. So, when Swain's giving his viewpoint/insight based in large part on his own personal experiences of playing football at the major D1 level, and with his current standing as an insider to the program, I can really do without Stokes talking over him like he's a former all-American who went on to the NFL to play in multiple pro bowls.....who has the staff on speed dial. It's annoying. He needs a little humility and needs to understand his place/role on the show. He needs to run the board and chime in occasionally in a supportive role to Jayson IMO.....not constantly appear to be trying to one-up the guy in the studio for whom the radio program is named. Jmo.

I agree, Stokes is extremely annoying, he just regurgitates information he reads elsewhere. I enjoy Swain 90% of the time but damn you could think he could get a better side kick. Unfortunately its the best Vol show we have and I wonder sometimes how long we'll have it. I would literally pay a monthly fee to get a daily Ainge show again.

Reactions: 3 people
I agree, Stokes is extremely annoying, he just regurgitates information he reads elsewhere. I enjoy Swain 90% of the time but damn you could think he could get a better side kick. Unfortunately its the best Vol show we have and I wonder sometimes how long we'll have it. I would literally pay a monthly fee to get a daily Ainge show again.

I have less issue with a lot of what Stokes says than how he actually says it. Makes Brian Billick or Joe Theisman sound like they have self esteem issues. The more info the better, just needs to recognize where he fits in the pecking order...which he clearly doesn't.

Love listening to Swain, miss Ainge. If you haven't yet, try listening to the RockyTopInsider guys....come on at 4pm eastern for 2 hours daily....Reed Carringer, Houston Kress and Daniel Lewis. They're very good, very entertaining, very informative as well. I listen via their app...on 1180 am locally in Knoxville.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Love listening to Swain, miss Ainge. If you haven't yet, try listening to the RockyTopInsider guys....come on at 4pm eastern for 2 hours daily....Reed Carringer, Houston Kress and Daniel Lewis. They're very good, very entertaining, very informative as well. I listen via their app...on 1180 am locally in Knoxville.

Thanks, I actually just discovered them recently and downloaded the app. I heard something about Ainge may be doing a segment on their show. Anyone have any info on that?

Thanks, I actually just discovered them recently and downloaded the app. I heard something about Ainge may be doing a segment on their show. Anyone have any info on that?

Yes, he does a segment, heard him last week? don't recall which day. Wish he did more, perhaps he will when the season starts. I'll see if I can find out which day.

Edit- looking through Twitter, I think his regular day is Friday, on in the first hour.

Last edited:
Stokes agrees with absolutely WHATEVER swain says. He completely takes back his statement if swain doesn't agree with it.

Good show overall though.

Yes, he does a segment, heard him last week? don't recall which day. Wish he did more, perhaps he will when the season starts. I'll see if I can find out which day.

Edit- looking through Twitter, I think his regular day is Friday, on in the first hour.

Thanks, I'll definitely listen for that. I think with the right marketing and side kick Ainge could dominate Knoxville radio. Hope one day he comes back full time.

Can't get it online just wondering if anyone is having problems with it? Maybe they forgot to pay the Electric Bill.:)

Sorry about the website issue this morning. Go Daddy was having a server problem earlier but everything seems to be back up and running properly. Hopefully it stays that way!

Thanks to all for tuning in!

Reactions: 5 people
Sorry about the website issue this morning. Go Daddy was having a server problem earlier but everything seems to be back up and running properly. Hopefully it stays that way!

Thanks to all for tuning in!

Thanks for the info. Love the show.

VN Store

Back