1997 SEC Championship Game TN vs AU

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG2R5inwGyE[/youtube]
Manning and company won the SEC crown in what ended up being a dogfight to the very end.

Last edited:
The TD pass from Peyton to Copeland at the 1:45:10 mark was simply beautiful. Manning throwing a perfect pass running right into such a tight window.

Last edited:
You know, from the ND win in '91 and especially with Peyton, I always thought we were going to win (except Florida) but after the Memphis debacle in '96 I have to admit I didn't always think that so I was nervous during this game.

Reactions: 1 person
Plus Lenard Little was in the backfield that entire second half. He wasn't going to be denied that SEC crown.

Reactions: 1 person
DDuncan. Stop this crap. I can't get any work done. Can't get in bed at a reasonable hour. Enough! :mad:

Seriously, every one of these games are fabulous!

Wasn't even fun to watch. We were so much better than Auburn. It was a disappointment that we played so poorly. Back then I expected a$& whippings. What I would give to stink it up and win championships like we did back then.

Wasn't even fun to watch. We were so much better than Auburn. It was a disappointment that we played so poorly. Back then I expected a$& whippings. What I would give to stink it up and win championships like we did back then.

Look at the teams that win there Conference Champions each year, most of them could very easy lose 2 or 3 games each year, Look at Ohio State, they could have been 8 and 4 last year instead of winning the NC.

We are about to stink it up again and win Conference Championships and a NC or 2 in the next few years.:eek:hmy:

Reactions: 2 people
That's the ugliest win I think I've ever seen from a Tennessee team. I counted at least 6 turnovers. Auburn should have just let Tennessee score on that last drive and they would have had another chance, but given our defense in the second half, I doubt it would have been any difference.

We turned the ball over six times and still won.

that's the stat that we always forget. we should have beat Auburn down. though, there weren't many teams that could do that and still win.

as i look back on that period of time from like 92 thru 01, we were truly spoiled as a fan base. some of those teams were just flat good.

Well it definitely breaks the first Neyland Maxim but when you're that good, it doesn't really matter

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 7.39.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 7.39.24 AM.png
    214 KB · Views: 0

VN Store

Back