Rocky Top ... Georgia!

livefaith

Just got my new plates this week from the State of Georgia. :loco: Sick of seeing all the Bammer and UGA plates around Chattanooga. Decided to act.

These are available in Georgia from the UT Alumni Assn iirc. $25 extra was all. Had no idea these were even out there because my local tag office never had any info on them.

How many other States offer a beautiful plate like this? Pics please. Would love to see who's reppin' the Vols across the USA.

Attachments

• Georgia Vols.jpg
    Georgia Vols.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: 21 people
Nice. I can't believe Virginia still doesn't have these. I know the UT Alumni is working hard to get them, but I want them NOW!

Unfortunately the last state I lived in didn't offer (Virginia) and my current state (North Carolina) doesn't have a UT plate! I don't understand why our local alumni chapters in the technology era we are in can't organize enough people to apply for one to be made.

In the mid 90's I was a board member for the Wash DC alumni chapter and Virginia required something like 100 paid requests for the plate and they would have offered. As easy as it is to reach people via email, Twitter, Facebook I would think it wouldn't be too hard to organize. Seems like every border state should have one. I would sign up.

TDs. K. Three one seven?

DiSK, three seventeen?

Should've been: TenneeC.

Reactions: 2 people
Nice. It always angers me when I see Tennessee plates with UF or mostly Alabama logos. Hopefully those will have the same effect in Georgia.

TDs. K. Three one seven?

DiSK, three seventeen?

Should've been: TenneeC.

The GA power T plates aren't customizable. The original plates start with VL1xxx. not sure why GA chose DSK as the letters. I have the T on both my GA plates

Last edited:
The GA power T plates aren't customizable. The original plates start with VL1xxx. not sure why GA chose DSK as the letters. I have the T on both my GA plates

I guess they figure the orange power T is enough. And to their credit, they aren't incorrect about that.

I got my Georgia plates this year. The early ones all started with VL and they ran out of numbers. Now they are using DSK. I don't really care because the orange T is the first thing everyone sees.

Kinda wish I had the VLxxx tag. Mine is DJIxxx. Although it shows the Tennessee plates are selling really well in GA.

Unfortunately the last state I lived in didn't offer (Virginia) and my current state (North Carolina) doesn't have a UT plate! I don't understand why our local alumni chapters in the technology era we are in can't organize enough people to apply for one to be made.

In the mid 90's I was a board member for the Wash DC alumni chapter and Virginia required something like 100 paid requests for the plate and they would have offered. As easy as it is to reach people via email, Twitter, Facebook I would think it wouldn't be too hard to organize. Seems like every border state should have one. I would sign up.

NC had enough people sign up, but when it came time to pay, they didn't have enough.

Just got my new plates this week from the State of Georgia. :loco: Sick of seeing all the Bammer and UGA plates around Chattanooga. Decided to act.

These are available in Georgia from the UT Alumni Assn iirc. $25 extra was all. Had no idea these were even out there because my local tag office never had any info on them.

How many other States offer a beautiful plate like this? Pics please. Would love to see who's reppin' the Vols across the USA.

That is exactly the plate I wish the state of Tennessee would offer. Just a plain Power T with black letters... not this sunburst BS.

Reactions: 2 people

Very cool - make sure you double park everywhere you go.

Virginia now requires 350 prepaid applications. Got an email the other day that we are currently at 250.

Love the license plate! I live in Ringgold as well! So if I ever see ya around you will hear a Go Big Orange.

VN Store

Back