Oklahoma Game Attendance

Coug

I have every intention on going to this game because it's going to be one heck of a game, imo. I got to thinking though, does the average fan know how important this game is(for both teams) even though it's not a conference game? How, if at all, will this affect game day attendance?

i think it's important for OU for the national picture. if they want to be part of the playoff picture at the end, this is a huge perception game for them, especially if we wind up with 8 or 9 wins.

it's big for us b/c it's an opportunity early in the season to establish real expectations and basically serve notice that, yes, we are very much back....and COULD be the start of a what could then be a very special season.

in the end, i think OU has more to lose than we do. while i don't look at that game as a for sure loss, i won't be surprised if we did lose. OU is still very good, and they will present problems for us.

either way, i expect Neyland will be on it's ear for that game. the longer we're in it, the tighter stoops will get. he's going to have a lot of pressure to win this game given all his anti SEC rants. lose to what is in reality a 2nd tier SEC team, and what does that say about the state of your program? win, and well, you were probably supposed to....moving on.

Reactions: 1 person
First ever #6 D1-FBS at #8 all time wins... there's going to be a few witnesses present.

Last edited:
It's not like we are playing Fresno State. People, even casual fans, know the Oklahoma Sooners are legit.

It will be the first real football game my Peruvian girlfriend will be experiencing- I can't wait.

Reactions: 3 people
Unless a tornado hits Neyland and sucks everyone out, it will be full and one of the best atmospheres you will find this coming year.

I have every intention on going to this game because it's going to be one heck of a game, imo. I got to thinking though, does the average fan know how important this game is(for both teams) even though it's not a conference game? How, if at all, will this affect game day attendance?

the game is sold out and tickets are selling for two or three times face value on secondary market.

Seems people know

Reactions: 1 person
Unless it's raining or near 100 degrees, I expect that the attendance record in the current stadium configuration will be smashed.

Unless it's raining or near 100 degrees, I expect that the attendance record in the current stadium configuration will be smashed.

Fortunately or unfortunately there is only so many people one can get into the stadium. As far as I am aware the do not sell SRO tickets. Though I suspect there will be a fair amount of standing during this game.:good!:

Fortunately or unfortunately there is only so many people one can get into the stadium. As far as I am aware the do not sell SRO tickets. Though I suspect there will be a fair amount of standing during this game.:good!:

102,455 it will be then.

Heard a rumor the national championship trophy will be there. Also there's a shot Gameday will show up.

Probably will be about 70% attendance. /s

It's not like we are playing Fresno State. People, even casual fans, know the Oklahoma Sooners are legit.

You would be surprised how many people don't know what team is what unless it's an SEC team.

VN Store

Back