Watching the Vols from abroad...HELP!

kunsanvol

I am stationed in Korea and the only AFN channel I get that ever shows Vols games is the picture you see below...it sucks. Besides frontrowsports.eu, are there any options I can use to stream the game? I do have directv back home and I've been told you can watch it via the internet but it does not work for me...even with a VPN. Just looking for any suggestions. Im hoping to figure something out in plenty of time for the season starts.

TIA!

IMG_2744.jpg

But just think you will have a much better chance to watch the game with "A Broad". Those Asian girls are very friendly, and they will love you for all time...:):dance2:

Reactions: 1 person
While I was stationed at Osan I used Watch ESPN. Not sure if it works with Directv or not. Normally frontrowsports.eu is great for streaming games here in Germany.

I ran into the same problem while I was in Guam. If you have Directv it wont work with WatchESPN and I was told by Directv personnel (after I had already switched) that sporting events cannot be streamed through their website and I would have to wait for a replay. Luckily, I had a family member with Dish so I was able to use WatchESPN for last season.

2 things.

1: thank you for your service. It means so much to us all.

2: don't panic. On gameday there is ALWAYS a thread asking where to stream the game and there's ALWAYS a good answer. If for some crazy reason and Bryant-Denny freezes over there's not one, just start one yourself. VN is slways happy to help our military bretheren!

Reactions: 3 people
Have a relative back home buy a "Slingbox" and hook it up between cable box and TV. You would then be able to watch and control their system same as if you were there. Sold at most electronics stores or at their online website. You need nothing on your side but the free software download and a broadband connection.

Slingbox.com

When i was spending a lot of time in Peru I used to just stream it over the internet..There are a lot of sites that stream sports...I would've gone nuts without it..Just look around and you'll find one that will show the game.

I ran into the same problem while I was in Guam. If you have Directv it wont work with WatchESPN and I was told by Directv personnel (after I had already switched) that sporting events cannot be streamed through their website and I would have to wait for a replay. Luckily, I had a family member with Dish so I was able to use WatchESPN for last season.

As of February 2015, Directv subscribers have access to WatchESPN. However, WatchESPN is only available in the US.....unless you use something like Smart DNS Proxy. Just google how to view WatchESPN outside the US for info.

Last edited:
When I was stationed overseas (Afghanistan, Qatar, and Italy), there was only 1 station on AFN that I couldn't get, but I was able to watch all of Tennessee's games with the exception of the Western Kentucky game 2 years ago... Good luck man, cause CE won't do anything to fix it...

When i was spending a lot of time in Peru I used to just stream it over the internet..There are a lot of sites that stream sports...I would've gone nuts without it..Just look around and you'll find one that will show the game.

I have a feeling I'll be in Peru during the SECCG timeframe ...hoping the lady will let me watch Tennessee win it while I'm visiting her family.

Use the Kodi XBMC streaming media app and you'll never miss a game or a PPV event. Streams are all in SD or better, and no ads. Much better quality
than firstrow or vipbox or any of these ad riddled sites.

Its compatible with Windows, Android, and iOS. Once you get it installed, get the Sports Devil and Phoenix sports apps and you're all set.

Oh yeah, its free.

Downloads | Kodi

Use the Kodi XBMC streaming media app and you'll never miss a game or a PPV event. Streams are all in SD or better, and no ads. Much better quality
than firstrow or vipbox or any of these ad riddled sites.

Its compatible with Windows, Android, and iOS. Once you get it installed, get the Sports Devil and Phoenix sports apps and you're all set.

Oh yeah, its free.

Downloads | Kodi

Does this work for UFC events/boxing matches?

Does this work for UFC events/boxing matches?

Yep. They got all the streams, just like Firstrowsports, and the NFL channel.

Best thing about Kodi, besides the fact that its ad free, it uses very little system resources. I'm watching the
Nationals game in HD right now and its only using 2.7% of my CPU. Those streaming sites are flash resource
hogs using up to 45% of your CPU.

There's hundreds of add ons too, movie sites, live TV streams, etc.

I am stationed in Korea and the only AFN channel I get that ever shows Vols games is the picture you see below...it sucks. Besides frontrowsports.eu, are there any options I can use to stream the game? I do have directv back home and I've been told you can watch it via the internet but it does not work for me...even with a VPN. Just looking for any suggestions. Im hoping to figure something out in

TIA!

View attachment 96811

This may help:

Relax your eyes and stare a point in the middle, it will all start to become clear.

About 10-15 years ago you could find people in the mall starring at these.plenty of time for the season starts.

There is a specific way to tune your tv to pick up the AFN signal. Call the maintenance control at your Comm Sq and ask for the set up guide. They should also have an "over the air" HD version of the sports channel. I have to toggle between digital and analog for that one. AFN will get you most of the big games. For all of the others, I use firstrowsports. Hope this helps.

If you have access to Facebook, search for person "Mike Vols Streaming Orange" He streams all the football games and he accepts donations via paypal if you wish to donate. He will post the link about an hour before kickoff an provide a password so you can watch it. I think the only requirement for him to accept you is you have to have something Vols related as your profile picture, whether it be you in a UT shirt, a UT picture, etc.

Pretty much like frontrowsports.eu without all the spam and "click here" links

Best of luck and Thanks for your service!

If you're overseas and want to use watchESPN, your best bet is to use a VPN. There are some free ones (like Hola unblocked), but usually the paid ones are better and don't throttle your bandwidth.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

I use this one for about $4 a month. It also allows me to use Netflix and HBOgo. Plus, it lets me pick the region of the U.S. I want to connect to, so I can avoid any pesky blackouts.

VN Store

Back