2006 Tennessee vs Georgia

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K40Kf_kOjdo[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbO25YV3a5M[/youtube]
One of my favorite games. We where down 24-7 at one point but came roaring back to not only win but annihilate the Bulldogs in Athens.

Last edited:
I love reliving these moments but hell I am officially past the point of restlessness and am about to go crazy for some football. The Bowling Green game can't get here soon enough.

We had a nondescript player make the cover of Sports Illustrated for recovering a blocked punt in the end zone from this game... Antonio Wardlow.

Reactions: 1 person
We were sitting in that end zone where Wardlow blocked and recovered the punt. We were fairly high but could hear the THUMP when the ball hit his belly. What a wonderful sound it was!

Reactions: 2 people
We were sitting in that end zone where Wardlow blocked and recovered the punt. We were fairly high but could hear the THUMP when the ball hit his belly. What a wonderful sound it was!
I would love to have been there. The Vol Nation was rocking that second half.

I remember being at a buddy's house and I got RIPPED once UT was down significantly. So I recall walking outside and drowning my sorrows by the fire pit. Knowing me, I couldn't go too long without "checking in" and WOW!

I won't say I sobered up, but I at least recall the end of the game.

Ah, UT football & alcohol...the source and solution for most of life's problems.

I was at Hooters with some friends. There was some obnoxious UGA fans there and once we got down 24-7 I left. By the time I got home I realized it was a huge mistake.

I would love to have been there. The Vol Nation was rocking that second half.

I was there. Two UGA REDNEKCS ( sorry for being redundant) were talking cash **** to me and my now fiancée for the first 25 minutes, they were non stop. I kept my cool, and said just wait, this isn't over by a longshot. Those punks were nowhere to be found by the end of the game. That blocked punt is one of my favorite "in person moments" I've ever experienced. Great day and night in Athens. I'm 2-0 in Athens . Maybe I'll go next year. :)

Crazy fact is we never lost to uga with David Cutcliffe running our offense.

We didn't lose to much of anyone with David Cutcliffe running our offense.

The trio of Fulmer, Cutcliffe and Chavis is one of the better HC/OC/DC trios in CFB history I'd have to imagine.

Reactions: 3 people
Great memories, I was so pissed we were making their mediocre QB (Terishxxxsky?) looked like an All-American through early second quarter. Then we we woke up and worked them like a rented mule.

It is sweet when we beat Georgia. Almost as much as Florida. I remember my dad coming in to tell me the vols were coming back. I had given up.

I did this two years ago also, went for a walk during USCjr and when I came back, we were like a play away from kicking the game winning field goal. I'll never quit watching a gaem again.

My church had got together at the pastors house for this game. They had a blast until halftime cause I was the only Vol fan. Needless to say I enjoyed the 2nd half more! The next morning they had a fold out chair sitting on the church porch with my name on it!
*they did let me in.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K40Kf_kOjdo[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbO25YV3a5M[/youtube]
One of my favorite games. We where down 24-7 at one point but came roaring back to not only win but annihilate the Bulldogs in Athens.

Never will forget that game! I was rolling through K-town coming back from Wisconsin Salmon fishing with a friend on mine and wife's 15th anniversary and listening to the game. I almost wrecked when we scored like 28 pts in 5 minutes or so. 1 of our greatest comebacks and Ainge was playing awesome that year!

FYI... we caught an unbelievable amount of Salmon on that trip and wife forgave me for being gone! It was just a great week all the way around.

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

i was there. Was a hell of a time. Caught hell from dawg fans all day long. Had the last laugh on the way out of the stadium though. Good times. That punt block was awesome btw.

My church had got together at the pastors house for this game. They had a blast until halftime cause I was the only Vol fan. Needless to say I enjoyed the 2nd half more! The next morning they had a fold out chair sitting on the church porch with my name on it!
*they did let me in.
They learned that Jesus was a Vol that night lol.

We didn't lose to much of anyone with David Cutcliffe running our offense.

The trio of Fulmer, Cutcliffe and Chavis is one of the better HC/OC/DC trios in CFB history I'd have to imagine.

Well, you've got to account for the times Chavis' prevent defense prevented us from winni g!

Well, you've got to account for the times Chavis' prevent defense prevented us from winni g!

Yeah, I'll go ahead and blame one of the greatest defensive coordinators in history for being a part of some losses, ignoring how in 2005 and 2008 he still managed to put up top 10-esque defenses with no offensive help.

Not to claim Chavis was perfect, no coach is, but the amount of flak he gets here is bordering on stupid. The defensive performances and overall consistency we had under him is outstanding.

VN Store

Back