Sling TV for watching the Vols

led0321

I am going to give it a shot. I know I need a new router because I have a 2.4 ghz only as of now.

Does anyone else just use Sling for watching football?

Sling is a decent TV replacement option. You'll need an HD antenna to attach to your TV so you can get the games that come on local. But for the most part all the games should be there. Not sure they offer fox sports one or sports south options... So those game you might miss.

There's always the websites that let you watch any game. Just need Google chrome and a pop up blocker

Reactions: 1 person
I have used sling since it started and like it enough that I gave up cable. However I would not trust it to watch .a u t game. It will occasionally go through one or two minutes of buffering. This is acceptable for most shows but not college football. I just got my cable back for the season. I did stay off long enough that I got the $89 bundle deal. Will drop it for Sling after the last bowl game. Also the no fox networks available.

Reactions: 1 person
Kodi is legit. Just wish it would let me cast it to my Chromecast.

sideload it to a FireStick and you're good.

literally just did this 2 minutes ago... got my tailgating tv AND vols season tix delivered today and now I'm all set!

sideload it to a FireStick and you're good.

literally just did this 2 minutes ago... got my tailgating tv AND vols season tix delivered today and now I'm all set!

Don't have a fire stick... But it sounds like a need one now.

I use sling tv and get all the espn channels including the sec channel. I use it on my computer and a roku stick. works great for me.

Last edited:
I am out of country and have told by several expats that is how they watch college football. I am going to give it a try.

Been on sling TV since February. I have found the iOS app for iPad iPhone work much better than the app for windows. I have a windows 7 home theater pc and sling is always a little jerky or buffering. On the iPad it's pretty close to perfect, so much so I picked up a lightning to hdmi adapter to use when I really care about quality and use the iPad instead of the htpc.

How about on a regular roku? Anyone with advice?

I have sling TV and love it. For the price you can't beat it. I have SEC network. How do you sideload apps to the fire stick? I've downloaded apps to the fire stick. Is it any different than a regular download?

We've been off cable for about a year and I went through last season streaming the games I couldn't get OTA. It worked ok for the most part, but at times it would buffer and I had trouble connecting to the servers, as in it would just hang.

I thought about getting cable just for the months football is on and cancelling when the season is over. If you don't sign up for any promotions it's pretty easy to do.

I wasnt using Sling or Roku, just connecting directly to espn. We had two houses at the time in the transition up here so I just used my EPBFI we had in Chatty to sign in up here.

VN Store

Back