Most attractive home schedule in a long time....

I think it will impact the Oklahoma and Carolina games more so than the other 2. jmo

We actually seem to play better on the road. That may have been a result of being so young and less pressure.

Looks like our common home opponents favor red. Let's make sure they see a lot of red.

@UGA and @USCe were 2 of our best games.

Oklahoma and Ole Miss were not. I don't think the team played better on the road, per se. They were just generally inconsistent last year. Playing at Neyland will give us an advantage.

Is this the year the Vol's get serious about defending their own Neyland Stadium/Shields Watkins Field, the way they used to?

Arkansas has yet to win an SEC road game under CBB. You don't think playing that one at home will give us an advantage?

It's a must win. Critical game for the season. It would be a must win in Fayetteville.

Great draw on the home wins as I don't see Florida competing for the East. So, we catch our competitors for the SECCG at home with another must-win at Mizzou for our most meaningful road game.

The time to WIN is now. Team 119 has to show up and show out smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy. No reason not to start winning NOW!

Reactions: 2 people
Is this the year the Vol's get serious about defending their own Neyland Stadium/Shields Watkins Field, the way they used to?

I almost feel that we have a better chance at UF and Mizzou than we have at home against OU, UGA, and ARK at home. We can probably pull off Arkansas and would love to see OU go down.

Arkansas has yet to win an SEC road game under CBB. You don't think playing that one at home will give us an advantage?

No not in the typical sense. They'll have veterans all over the offense and I just don't think it will affect them. That being said, I remember reading last year that the home team in our series with them has only lost once or something like that, it was a weird stat.

Don't overlook how favorable the Bama game falls on the schedule either. They have a heck of a run leading up to that game and we have a bye week.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't overlook how favorable the Bama game falls on the schedule either. They have a heck of a run leading up to that game and we have a bye week.

No matter how favorable that match-up is, we are just not there yet in regards to beating Bama. Our talent level still isn't on par with them and that game is on the road. The time will come for us to beat them (2016 being a very realistic shot) but not this year.

Let's not let the hype train cloud our senses. We will be much better this year, but we aren't SEC Championship caliber yet.

No matter how favorable that match-up is, we are just not there yet in regards to beating Bama. Our talent level still isn't on par with them and that game is on the road. The time will come for us to beat them (2016 being a very realistic shot) but not this year.

Let's not let the hype train cloud our senses. We will be much better this year, but we aren't SEC Championship caliber yet.

If we played them 10 times, we may only win once. But it only takes once. The most talented team doesn't always win; upsets happen. And Jones has an extra week to prepare. Bama has lost a lot of playmakers. They have talented but unproven players ready to compete for those open positions. Take away the first quarter of last year's game with them, and we played right there with them with less talent than we have this year. So, probably not, but it could happen.

If we played them 10 times, we may only win once. But it only takes once. The most talented team doesn't always win; upsets happen. And Jones has an extra week to prepare. Bama has lost a lot of playmakers. They have talented but unproven players ready to compete for those open positions. Take away the first quarter of last year's game with them, and we played right there with them with less talent than we have this year. So, probably not, but it could happen.

True, it only takes once. But I just don't think this year is that 10%. Playing down there is not easy. We got beat 45-10 last time we played at Bryant-Denny, if I am not mistaken. We are vastly more talented, but still not there just yet. 2016 is a very real possibility of winning, and I hope and expect to win that year.

For this season, I'm just going to relax and watch the game and be pleasantly surprised should the outcome be different than I expect.We are 10 point underdogs in that game. It's a drastic difference than the line on all of the rest. I think it speaks for itself.

Sort of surprised to see this response. Bammer is likely not SEC championship material this year either, and they routinely get caught and lose an in conference game these days and many knowledgeable pundits have them losing several in 2015. Should Bammer be favored against us? At this point in the season, sure. At this point in the season do we have a decent chance of knocking them off? Sure!

Tennessee is SEC championship GAME caliber though ...that's a fact don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Reactions: 1 person
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Georgia
South Carolina

Hopefully, home field will make a difference in those games.

It really is a great home schedule, with most of the big non-conference games being scheduled at neutral sites going forward it may be the best we see in a long time or until SEC moves to 9 conf. Games.

Tennessee is SEC championship GAME caliber though ...that's a fact don't let anyone tell you otherwise

We are SEC Championship game caliber, yes, but that is because we play in the East which this year is incredibly wide upon and down. I'm being realistic here when I say if we played in the West we are NOT being predicted by the majority of the media to have a realistic shot at Atlanta. That division is DEEP and if we had to play those 7 teams I'm not so sure we finish 1st or 2nd....."that's a fact don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

This is not to say I don't think we will be very good this year or contend for ATL. I'm not just going to blow smoke up this team's ass when they haven't proven themselves yet. I'm trying to remain level-headed and realistic.

VN Store

Back