I'm going to enemy territory!!!

dyllisvol42

Tomorrow I embark on a trip to enemy territory. My brother goes to the university of Florida ( getting his masters) to make matters worse I'am helping him move. Move where you say, to another enemy strong hold, The University of Georgia. Going there to get his phd. The reason for this post is I ask for prayer so I don't knock some dumb uga fan or Florida fan out, I'am also wondering where is a few good places to grab a beer in Athens for those who have been there before. A nice restrauant would be nice too. O and I will be decked out in my new nike gear and both places with my power T license plate, so it should be fun.

Reactions: 4 people
UGA fans were worse than FL fans in my experiences between the two places.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Tomorrow I embark on a trip to enemy territory. My brother goes to the university of Florida ( getting his masters) to make matters worse I'am helping him move. Move where you say, to another enemy strong hold, The University of Georgia. Going there to get his phd. The reason for this post is I ask for prayer so I don't knock some dumb uga fan or Florida fan out, I'am also wondering where is a few good places to grab a beer in Athens for those who have been there before. A nice restrauant would be nice too. O and I will be decked out in my new nike gear and both places with my power T license plate, so it should be fun.

Athens has tons of bars. I've only been once, and it was a crazy college town atmosphere. I recommend driving around until you see one you like.

I've got a question though. I'm going to Gainsville this year for the game is there a visitor friendly bar to hit up before the game. Or after we win!

Last edited:
Lol. Done this before at USCjr moving a sibling in. UGA and UF are much worse though, best of luck to you. You should blare Rocky Top with windows down, although this might get you killed.

Last edited:
Take extra hygenie products to sell.. You will make a fortune as they are rarely used

Athens has tons of bars. I've only been once, and it was a crazy college town atmosphere. I recommend driving around until you see one you like.

I've got a question though. I'm going to Gainsville this year for the game is there a visitor friendly bar to hit up before the game. Or after we win!
I went to a couple when I was down there and had vol gear on and everyone was pretty nice. I can't think of the name of the one bar I went to but my waitress sat my jack and fat tire down and said go Vols. Found out she was from Morristown. Ended up not charging me for beer so that was nice. My brother says he has never had any problems down there and he wears his vols stuff all the time. Of course he is 6'4 280 and is solid as a rock so maybe that has something to do with it.

Reactions: 1 person
I live in Georgia close to Athens, and go a lot wearing Vols gear. I never have any trouble, even going to sporting events.

I can attest that

I do agree that their fans are atrocious most of the time, in terms of their program. 99% that I know are already saying if they beat bama at home nobody else has a shot at beating them.

Have fun in Athens. There's too much to do there really. Just walk in any direction and see where you end up.

I always show my orange when I go to Athens too. As long as you don't show your ass at the same time you'll be fine. I will warn you though, Athens is not the place to mess around and flirt with getting into anything that gets you on the wrong side of the law.

:
Take extra hygenie products to sell.. You will make a fortune as they are rarely used

If you are implying that UGA fans and UF fans don't use hygiene products regularly, wouldn't it be better business advise to carry something actually in demand? :whistling:

Have fun in Athens. There's too much to do there really. Just walk in any direction and see where you end up.

I always show my orange when I go to Athens too. As long as you don't show your ass at the same time you'll be fine. I will warn you though, Athens is not the place to mess around and flirt with getting into anything that gets you on the wrong side of the law.

EXACTLY. Finish your drinks in the bar and don't get sloppy drunk. Making money off alcohol related violations is big business in Athens. You can get away with walking around with an open container in Athens but it's better to leave the drinks in the bars and not tempt fate.

Georgia fans are 10,000 times worse than Florida fans right now ...
anyone that tells you anything other than that never goes to game one

EXACTLY. Finish your drinks in the bar and don't get sloppy drunk. Making money off alcohol related violations is big business in Athens. You can get away with walking around with an open container in Athens but it's better to leave the drinks in the bars and not tempt fate.

Yeah, this is never a good idea in any town. You would just be inviting trouble to pay you a visit.

40 Watt Club
Herschel's 34 Chicken and Rib Kitchen

I wasn't aware there was anything nice in either of these 2 cities!!

VN Store

Back