Look at the 2015 Schedule

Nerwen Aldarion

Tennessee Girl
http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2015/07/26/does-the-2015-schedule-favor-the-vols/

Does the 2015 Schedule Favor the Vols?
by Houston Kress - Jul 26, 2015

In case you haven’t heard, the hype machine for the 2015 Tennessee Volunteers has done nothing but put on steam since that January 2nd curb-stomping the Vols put on Iowa in the TaxSlayer Bowl. That destruction of a mediocre Hawkeyes team is being touted as the watershed moment for Tennessee’s football program turning the corner and finding its identity under now third-year head coach Butch Jones. That win also vaulted the Vols into the minds of national college football experts and opinion-makers as a team that could shake up the SEC during the 2015 season.

Edit: Apparently posting whole articles on forums is a copyright issue. I did not know that. Sorry Freak. So you'll have to check out the article on the website for the analysis but it's very good.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Good article. Things do set up in a positive way for the Vols this year. And I have to say, it does seem like we get the short end of the schedule,bye week plan all of the time. Sooo, does the conspiracy start with Nike having a conversation with ESPN/SEC about doing what they can to get us a doable schedule so everyone buys Tennessee's new Nike gear? :ph34r:

I agree our schedule isn't as tough as previous years. Don't get me wrong, it's still extremely tough, just not as tough as it has been in the past.

I like that the Vols have a tough schedule every year. We will never have some announcer pointing out we don't play anybody.

Not that bad this year. I think we should definitely not overlook Bowling Green.

FL facing KY week prior + a bye week preparation prior to Bama, are VERY good in our favor for early-mid season success.

Reactions: 1 person
FL facing KY week prior + a bye week preparation prior to Bama, are VERY good in our favor for early-mid season success.

Wonder how the UF players will respond if they lose to UK? Have a feeling if they lose to UK and us then McElwain may just call this year 0 ala Dooley

Wonder how the UF players will respond if they lose to UK? Have a feeling if they lose to UK and us then McElwain may just call this year 0 ala Dooley

I think UF has beaten UK 30 straight times.

As far as the "year 0", I'm not sure. Dooley started it here, and many fans gave Butch a pass in '13 by calling it year 0 as well. Maybe that's the new trend. I hope we're past that crap and moving onward!!!!!!!!!!

Tennessee will not get a better draw on the conference schedule than this year. Division championship should be the goal here not just" hey let's go to seven and five because it's progress" mantra being spit out by the Beat down Fanbase around Knoxville

I still think that this schedule is as hard as the one's before it, so I am not sure where some posters are coming from when they say it's not as difficult as year's in the past. One reason why most people are saying that is just because our talent level has improved so much. If you put that aside though and just look at the opponents, this is a schedule that is very daunting. Luckily, we get a lot of our toughest games at home.

We got a shot at the East, but 8 and 4 or 9 and 3 is the best we can get out of this team, this team is still young and i know that gets old saying the same thing every year, but really we are, so if we can go 8 and 4, we the fans need to be happy as long as we keep on improving from week to week, but in my heart i think we go 9 and 3 and if thats good enough for he East we will take it, but 2016 is the year we TENNESSEE will rule the SEC not just the EAST, i am taking about competing for a playoff spot, we need to get behind this team and show our support even if we win just 8 in the regular season, just a little ways to go and we TENNESSEE will be on our 10 to 15 year run that the fans will look back 30 or 40 years from now and say that was the good old days 2015 to 2030.:clapping:

As far as the "year 0", I'm not sure. Dooley started it here, and many fans gave Butch a pass in '13 by calling it year 0 as well. Maybe that's the new trend. I hope we're past that crap and moving onward!!!!!!!!!!

I think UK beat us and we had beat them 26 years in a row.

While true, last year showed that UK can match up against them. I also don't think their QB position will be settled early in the year. The coaches want to start Grier over Harris even with a porous O-line. How will the team react to a white kid who hasn't played getting the starting nod over the black kid who came in and won them games last year?

While true, last year showed that UK can match up against them. I also don't think their QB position will be settled early in the year. The coaches want to start Grier over Harris even with a porous O-line. How will the team react to a white kid who hasn't played getting the starting nod over the black kid who came in and won them games last year?

What does Race have anything to do with Florida’s QB battle.....?

Reactions: 3 people
I have to agree that the 2015 schedule is perhaps the most favorable that we have had since possibly before 1992.

He chooses to see it as a racial issue, so he thinks it's a racial issue. Some people are just delusional and don't actually think logically.

I would say roughly 75% of college football players are African American and I don't see any other Florida players losing a starting job to a "whiteboy." It's not a racial issue, he just wants it to be one.

I was on a team where some of the players thought one of the coaches was showing favor to one of the white kids on the team. Made for a stressful locker room until he stepped up big a few times in games. I don't have any inside info, I just know that in locker rooms these things happen. Everyone who has played competitive ball has seen it. Players not happy about a coach starting someone of the opposite race, someone that doesn't push as hard in practice, an under class man with more talent over an upper class man.
We may think everyone gets along in the locker room, but a player just got punched then left the team for stepping on a T

if you wanting favorable CONF schedules, look at missouri's and tell me they don't have an easier path to Atlanta. UGA has the toughest, though they don't go further than Nashville or Jacksonville for any road games.... ours is in the middle of those two.

USC has a pretty tough schedule too...@GA, @mizzou, @TN, @ a&m, home against LSU, UF, Vandy and KY.

if you wanting favorable CONF schedules, look at missouri's and tell me they don't have an easier path to Atlanta. UGA has the toughest, though they don't go further than Nashville or Jacksonville for any road games.... ours is in the middle of those two.

USC has a pretty tough schedule too...@GA, @mizzou, @TN, @ a&m, home against LSU, UF, Vandy and KY.

Wow.. USC has a brutal schedule.

VN Store

Back