1995 Tennessee vs Alabama

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPnKevimi34[/youtube]

One of my fondest memories as a Vol was watching Joey Kent take it to the house on the first play from scrimmage.

Reactions: 7 people
Kind of unrelated but I got a gut feeling that this years game at UF will play out in similar fashion. I just don't think we break the streak this season. I really believe we hammer the gators in the swamp.

Reactions: 4 people
1994 was heartbreaking. This is one of my all time favorite games. Remember watching the Braves finish off the Reds as well. This was more important though. What a moment!

Reactions: 1 person
The last time i was in the state of Bummer, dont remember the ride home, the good old days load up the Van with 3 or 4 buddys and hit the road, got old and dont hit the road as much.:thud:

Kind of unrelated but I got a gut feeling that this years game at UF will play out in similar fashion. I just don't think we break the streak this season. I really believe we hammer the gators in the swamp.

Absolutely agree. New coaching staff for them, Poor offensive line, lack of play makers on offense for them, thin at LB.....it's setting up to be the perfect storm for the Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
1994 was heartbreaking. This is one of my all time favorite games. Remember watching the Braves finish off the Reds as well. This was more important though. What a moment!

I met my brother in ATL on Friday night to watch the Braves vs Reds then drove to B'ham for the UT/ Bama game the next day....Drove back to Knoxville after the game. Fun weekend.

Reactions: 2 people

Will Grier is a pocket passer, not sure if UF's O-line can give him enough time for deep throws or any complex routes. We should be able to unsettle him with just our front four rushing. Dropping 7 into coverage makes it really hard for a young player in a new system to make the right reads. My guess is UF tries to win this game by running the ball, using speed to the edges. If we can get a 14-17 point lead they may abandon their run game and try to play catch up. Field goals ain't gonna win this one for us. But I don't think a 230 lb Hurd is going to have a problem finding the end zone

Auburn played Florida that day. My father in law was an AU season ticket holder, and he invited me to that game. I got up around 4:00 am, left Huntsville, drove down to Auburn, sat with a bunch of AU folks. Hung around until about the middle of the 4th quarter when it became apparent that Florida was going to win. Also, a downpour came, so I got wet.

Got in my car, headed back to Huntsville and as I was driving through Birmingham - I said.. what the hell - going to park and get a scalped ticket. I was in my spare set of clothes, since everything was wet - not wearing any orange. As I walked up to the stadium looking for a ticket, I saw a guy holding one over his head. Asked him what he wanted for it - he looked at me and said.. "It's in the Tennessee section". Keeping my cool, I said "I'll give you half price for it".

That was such a good day - By myself, but there were many high fives and hugs in that section the whole game. Just for a moment, I forgot what a ****hole Legion field was.

Living in Alabama, UT played in Legion field every year - alternating between UA and AU. My kids will never get to experience that. The kids waving you into their yard to park with white towels. Never had any vandalism, but I worried the whole game.

I miss the days when bummer had head coaches named Mike. Can't wait til we beat their redneck tails again!

The Alabama toothless Nation was thinking it, thinking it, thinking it, as we marched to their 2 yard line. When Manning trotted across the goal line w/o a crimson jersey within 25 yards, they knew it was over.

I had no doubt that the games was ours after the first play. There were a lot of demons exorcised that night and the six years that followed.

GBO!!!

Ef the tide!!!

My first UT game in 4 years, as I was overseas. Got stationed in Alabama and had great next few years, lol

this is the game i always think about when people start saying Manning can't win the big one.

Florida obviously is the albatross to his UT career. but at the time, this was a HUGE game for us, on the road, etc.....of course this was the last year Bama was actually really good for a few years b/c of the sanctions, but i just remember thinking that this was one of the best games i'd ever seen. and you think about it...that season was a HELL of a season. i think we finished 2nd, beat Oh St in the Citrus bowl....

anyway....thanks for putting that up...good way to burn a lunch hour!!!

Tennessee had dominated that game and the Bama crowd was quiet most of the night. Late in the 3rd Qtr, Bama went on a long drive and scored to make the score 28-14. Sensing they were back in the game, the Legion Field crowd came alive.........until, Manning handed off to Jay Graham who ran past the blitzing LB and then out ran the DBs for a 76 yd TD.

The next sound you heard were the Bama fans slamming their stadium seats shut and heading to the car. On that night, it truly was Great to be a Tennessee Vol!!

Start of the beatdown... we went up 21-0 with 5:04 left in the first quarter, bama fans :yikes:

VN Store

Back