Who has a break out season this year?

VolFan4Life87

Negatron
If you had to pick just one player from both sides of the ball (so 2 in all), who would you pick and why?

Now for the purposes of this discussion, I want to loosely define "break out season." I consider it to be a player that puts up stats (tackles, ints, rush yds, etc) that greatly exceed their numbers during previous seasons and that of their peers in the same season, regardless of expectations. For instance, it my not be surprising for Jalen Hurd to rush for 1500 yds but if he did, it would certainly be a break out season, IMO.

Malone and McDowell. I think Malone is healthier and will hopefully realize his full potential. McDowell is having the same rise as JRM had. Great on special teams last year. He might get some good game time in the 4-3 at times.

Reactions: 2 people
My hopes are for all of them to have great years, but if I gotta pick one, let it be Malone.

Just Malone alone breaking out, and everything else being the same, can add another W or two to the season ... because it gives Josh Dobbs a second serious deep threat target if North is double teamed and smothered.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Josh Dobbs puts up huge stats this year. Todd Kelly will have a great year and be one of the best safeties in the sec.

I swear this thread has happened like 4 times already this summer

Yup! But you still took the time to post in this thread AND you didn't even answer the question...:)

Be fruitful now...:)

Seriously tho: Dobbs! Hasn't even played a full year yet. He plays much better with much more confidence, connects on more deep throws, runs less but with more TD's and "gashing" yards then last year, proportionally speaking of course.

And JRM. Simply because he is JRM.

Ethan Wolf: Because I doubt Debord forgets about his existence.

JRM: We know his name. At the end of the year, everyone else will too.

Reactions: 5 people
And JRM. Simply because he is JRM.

I remember thinking that JRM would never work out when he first got here being an athlete/safety moving to linebacker. How wrong I was. I hope he has an All-SEC year.

I think Dobbs greatly improves and agree with others that Malone could have a break out year.

Reactions: 2 people
Dobbs on O. Think about it, he was red shirting last year. How much time and effort do you really think he put in week in/week out knowing that he wasn't even going to see the field last year? On D I think it's Chris Weathered . Everything from camp says he's a physical freak. When he's in the game he's going to be hitting the QB a lot

I remember thinking that JRM would never work out when he first got here being an athlete/safety moving to linebacker. How wrong I was. I hope he has an All-SEC year.

I think Dobbs greatly improves and agree with others that Malone could have a break out year.

He has everything...game just needs to slow down a little. i mean his feet are proverbially "wet".....I just think he will get better and better as he see action!

Josh Dobbs - 3200 yards passing, 800 yards rushing, 40 combined TDs
Jalen Hurd/Alvin Kamara - 2000 yards rushing, 20 TDs (combined)
Marquez North - 1000 yards receiving, 10 TDs
Kahlil McKenzie - 8 sacks, 15 tackles for loss (All-SEC 1st team)
Todd Kelly Jr. - 7 ints (leads SEC)

VN Store

Back