The truth behind Joc Bruce

Eastknox865

Joc Bruce was involved in what could be called bullying.Jason Croom hit Joc extremely hard in his jaw reason behind it I dont know. But after that he complained of having headaches and a lot of discomfort. He told his mother about what happened which leads me to believe he was afraid. The coaches knew about this but his mother didn't follow up with them about the attack. The kid was let down by his mother as well as the coaching staff they did not protect him. I understand upperclassmen pick on the new guy but this was more. After this altercation he was late for class several times and was suspended and well deserved. But I do believe Joc being afraid of Croom played a major role in this. The mother and the coaches failed this kid. I didn't make this up I grew up with his mom. This is non bias thread so please don't take it as if I'm throwing anyone under the bus. 100% true info

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Joc Bruce was involved in what could be called bullying.Jason Croom hit Joc extremely hard in his jaw reason behind it I dont know. But after that he complained of having headaches and a lot of discomfort. He told his mother about what happened which leads me to believe he was afraid. The coaches knew about this but his mother didn't follow up with them about the attack. The kid was let down by his mother as well as the coaching staff they did not protect him. I understand upperclassmen pick on the new guy but this was more. After this altercation he was late for class several times and was suspended and well deserved. But I do believe Joc being afraid of Croom played a major role in this. The mother and the coaches failed this kid. I didn't make this up I grew up with his mom.

If true, maybe he asked the coaches not to say anything. Sometimes being seen as "telling" makes things worse. Maybe he did just want to go and the coaches assisted. Either way,hate it for the guy. I always respect the "always wanted to play for UT" attitude.

Reactions: 2 people
If true, maybe he asked the coaches not to say anything. Sometimes being seen as "telling" makes things worse. Maybe he did just want to go and the coaches assisted. Either way,hate it for the guy. I always respect the "always wanted to play for UT" attitude.

I talked to his mother it's very true

Reactions: 1 person
If he was my child he would have went to class. If he couldn't handle UT football I am fine with him finding the right fit. There are always two sides to a story and if punched it is highly unlikely Croom punched him unprovoked.

But, since he is gone - next Man up.

I talked to his mother it's very true

I didn't say anything negative and I'm not saying that you aren't being honest. But put yourself in my shoes. I have to add "if true" because I don't know you. You would feel the same if I (as a random poster), posted inside info. :hi:

Reactions: 4 people
If he was my child he would have went to class. If he couldn't handle UT football I am fine with him finding the right fit. There are always two sides to a story and if punched it is highly unlikely Croom punched him unprovoked.

But, since he is gone - next Man up.

I wonder if your child would have wanted to go to class if Croom punched them in the mouth

I wonder if your child would have wanted to go to class if Croom punched them in the mouth

I can almost guarantee that Croom didn't just sucker punch him unprovoked. Which begs the question, what did Joc do to get punched? There are two sides to every story.

Reactions: 33 people
I can almost guarantee that Croom didn't just sucker punch him unprovoked. Which begs the question, what did Joc do to get punched? There are two sides to every story.

I only have one side of the story yes. But what happened is true I said in my post I didn't know all

Is Croom lurking around in every classroom?! Haha! It is a locker room and tensions can run high. John Henderson liked getting punched in the face that is the kind of players we want at TN.

Reactions: 3 people
I only have one side of the story yes. But what happened is true I said in my post I didn't know all

So its true that Croom punched him. Typically, when people get hit, they downplay their role in the situation. I have a feeling Joc is not innocent here.

Rumor is Joc stepped on the power T in the locker room and Croom told him that was a big no-no and Joc took exception to it and the altercation took place.

You keep saying "It's the truth. I talked to his mom." Ok, great you were told what his mother was told by Joc. That does not make it 100% truth and certainly does not mean that it is the whole story behind what happened. Certainly much more to the story.

Reactions: 15 people
You guys are sad you would think that someone would have some concerns about a kid getting bullied. But all that come out is good bye. And make jokes about him. If your family or child goes through this make sure you have the same attitude. Go VOLS

Reactions: 6 people
You guys are sad you would think that someone would have some concerns about a kid getting bullied. But all that come out is good bye. And make jokes about him. If your family or child gites through this make sure you have the same attitude. Go VOLS

I will know to tell my son to go to class and don't step on the "T" - especially if Croom is watching.

Reactions: 14 people
You guys are sad you would think that someone would have some concerns about a kid getting bullied. But all that come out is good bye. And make jokes about him. If your family or child gites through this make sure you have the same attitude. Go VOLS

I would agree with you IF he was getting bullied. However, it's not getting bullied if he's the one that started it.

Reactions: 3 people

story related above is accurate

Sorry for this post. very, very vague with all the conversation taking place. See what I said below

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back