Vanderbilt-Tennessee football game needs a name (The Tennessean)

G0 BIG 0RANGE

I don't think I've seen this posted anywhere, and merge if necessary, but I saw it on Twitter today and thought VN's suggested names could get interesting.

"What’s a good name for the Vanderbilt-Tennessee rivalry? I’d be interested in your thoughts. For the rabid fan, try to keep the venom aside. Selected suggestions will be published in a future column; the best of the suggestions will be presented to Vols coach Butch Jones, Commodores coach Derek Mason and the two universities’ athletic departments.

The Tennessean is willing to supply the trophy (or cup) for the two rivals to pass back and forth each year. But, first the game needs a name."

Vanderbilt-Tennessee football game needs a name

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for posting this i had linked thread from Vandymania where Vandy fans were talking about it. One Sided Rivalry Series would be a pretty good name.

Reactions: 2 people
"The Meeting Place Match Up"

The name "Tennessee" originated from the old Yuchi Indian word, "Tana-see," meaning "The Meeting Place."

Reactions: 7 people
No. In order to tie us, they would have to beat us...44 YEARS IN A ROW. They suck and will always suck. We'll kick their butt day in and day out forever.

Reactions: 1 person
The Orange & Black Bowl
The Tennessee Bowl
The War Bowl (Volunteers vs. Commodores both have ties to the military)
The God's Country Bowl (Tennessee is God's Country)
The Cumberland Bowl
The Whiskey Bowl (Tennessee is famous for Jack Daniels)

Personal Favorite: The Whiskey Bowl

VN Store

Back