What's The Health Status of Jason Croom?

jeffmcflurry27

Does anyone have an update on his knee and if he'll be able to play early this season?

I sure would like to see him redeem himself against Oklahoma and continue on to have a great season.

Reactions: 1 person
You guys act like he's been a receiver his whole life... he's primarily been a tight end and didn't fully turn receiver until 2 years ago... and the defenses that he went up against last year were no joke... He made big plays in crucial times (11 seconds left against South Carolina)... give the kid a break

Reactions: 13 people
You guys act like he's been a receiver his whole life... he's primarily been a tight end and didn't fully turn receiver until 2 years ago... and the defenses that he went up against last year were no joke... He made big plays in crucial times (11 seconds left against South Carolina)... give the kid a break

He's always been a WR.

Reactions: 7 people
Back to the original point: Anybody have the dope on how well he is recovering?

Nothing specific, but Jones said that everyone that was out during spring due to injury will be ready for fall camp. I would expect Croom to be a contributor from game 2 if not game 1.

Reactions: 3 people
I can never decide on Croom. He's made some good plays. I guess it's always nice to have an extra 6'4 receiver.

I can never decide on Croom. He's made some good plays. I guess it's always nice to have an extra 6'4 receiver.

If he can play consistently to his size and potential, he could really break out and be a special player in his last 2 years.

Also (to some of the posters above), Croom's made some nice catches over the past 2 years. But I wouldn't include the game-tying one against SC last year. It was important, obviously. But my 3-year-old could have caught that pass. There wasn't a defender within 10 yards of him.

Croom really improved down the stretch last year. I'm excited to see him play this year. This guy should know if he puts the work in, the NFL will be calling his name soon enough. NFL loves those 6'5, 230 pound receivers that can run a 4.5-ish, and one skill he showed he improved in greatly down the stretch is high pointing the ball. He knows how to win those jump ball situations.

He has so much more to play for than just UT fame. He's got one hell of a career ahead of him if he puts in the work, and I think he will.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back