Which home game?

Madscientistvol

If you could only go to one home game this season which would it be? I just graduated and I'm not flush on funds so I can only go to one (a buddy who is a student owes me so I would be in the student section for said game), and I'm having a hard time picking which one. I'm leaning between UGA and OU right now.

It's hard to say. I will be at them all so I am glad I don't have to make a decision, but if I had to choose I would say OU. It's early enough in the season that losses won't impact the atmosphere of the game or seasonal expectations. If we were to lay an egg and lose to Arky and OU, or god forbid Florida as well, that GA game is a lot less enticing.

The Oklahoma game is the first one to start the season at Neyland and there is something special about the first game day. The crowd will be obnoxiously loud with expectations and this is the game that sets the tone for the rest of the season. It's importance cannot be stated enough.

Reactions: 1 person
Oklahoma. Now, if we are no worse than 4-1 going into the Georgia game, I would say that one.

Oklahoma is going to be absolutely electric.

100% Oklahoma for several reasons: 1. First home game and everyone is going to be pumped. 2. Oklahoma is good, so there will be some doubts and jitters. 3. We gonna WDA but good. 4. After this game we all realize the VOLS are for real and people start buying up any remaining tix for the swamp. 5. Please season, hurry up and get here.

Georgia. Will be for all the marbles in the SEC east. Will be an awesome atmosphere. Especially if both teams somehow enter the game undefeated. Could be a Top 10 battle.

Georgia. Will be for all the marbles in the SEC east. Will be an awesome atmosphere. Especially if both teams somehow enter the game undefeated. Could be a Top 10 battle.

I think too many people assume beating Georgia means we win the East. Uhm, Mizzou got the smack down laid on them by Georgia and they still won the east. I'm not sold like some people that OU and Arky are for sure wins. Neither is Mizzou.

I'd go with Oklahoma. In fact even though I have season tickets that will be the only home game I get to attend in September or October.

UGA might wind up being the bigger game, but you can watch UT/UGA any year.

Oklahoma because thats when the BIG ORANGE shows the country that we are a elite team that on any given Saturday we can beat anyone in the country, heck you can see the DAWGS every other year, when is Oklahoma coming back to town.

Oklahoma -- if you want the atmosphere and pent-up energy from an entire off-season. Cosmo's right, will be electric!

Arky -- if you want a signature win and some drama

Georgia -- if you want probably the hardest-fought game of the year in Neyland

South Carolina -- if you want a last chance to see Steve-o before he retires after we whup his butt for a 3rd time running :)

These are all good reasons to pick one or the other. Personally, I would pick Georgia, for the best football. But Oklahoma and the energy are a close second. :good!:

Reactions: 2 people
Oklahoma -- if you want the atmosphere and pent-up energy from an entire off-season. Cosmo's right, will be electric!

Arky -- if you want a signature win and some drama

Georgia -- if you want probably the hardest-fought game of the year in Neyland

South Carolina -- if you want a last chance to see Steve-o before he retires after we whup his butt for a 3rd time running :)

These are all good reasons to pick one or the other. Personally, I would pick Georgia, for the best football. But Oklahoma and the energy are a close second. :good!:

Vandy should have been put on the list LOL:eek:lol:

I'm leaning heavily towards OU. If we checkerboard them its a no contest, but I simply don't know if I can wait till UGA. I want football now.

Oklahoma. Who knows the next chance you'll get to watch them in Neyland.

I just moved back to the greenest (and orangest) state in the land of the free after 30 years "in the wilderness".
So I bought season tickets (Section CC) and hope to go to them all!!

With that said the answer to to OP question is Oklahoma -- that's the one game I'm most looking forward to. The conference games may be bigger from an SEC east standings perspective. But playing a historic powerhouse like Oklahoma makes a bigger splash nationally - and we want to return to national relevance. SEC title this year might be harder to obtain but we are getting close. Making a national splash by beating the Sooners is within our grasp. Win or lose, I expect us to play a better game against them this year

Florida isn't a game for a "big" season. It's a game that we have to win to avoid a "failed" season. This is our best chance to beat Florida in years, arguably even more than last year. In order to have a "big" season, we have to avoid losses like FLA and UK, and win a few games that are toss ups. This is why Oklahoma is so big. It's way too close and it's our first true game of the season. We have to start off strong and set the tone for the season.

If you weren't at the Checker Neyland game last year go to that one. Seems like OU. It was amazing watching that come together!

Oklahoma will be fun and electric. UGA will be nerve wracking (and still fun, but in a more serious way)

VN Store

Back