Butch lays down the law!

chattavol420

How about butch calling a meeting and straight laying it down! Sounds like he tore into them boot camp style. Then Martin talks back and he says here's your papers. Go wherever you want and don't let the door hit your ass in the way out. We discuss his play calling/game management (and yes I've been critical in this regard) but I think this player meeting was awesome! Very Saban like. Butch just says and does all the right thing. I hope this doesn't get merged into the Martin thread as I'd love to see who all agrees that he made a statement to all his players regarding the culture we're creating

Last edited:
Reactions: 28 people
You couldn't have put this in either of the other threads discussing the issue? And please don't say you couldn't find them, they are pretty high on the thread list.

Reactions: 6 people
Pat Summitt held to the "my way or the highway approach" and insisted on proper behavior, class attendance, etc. It sure worked for her. I think Butch subscribes to the same philosophy. Good for him, the team, and the University.

I don't care about what saban does or thinks.

Reactions: 33 people
Works for the Marines. Worked for Pat. Will work for Butch.

Not sure he can go to the Marine level. The guys with the talent to be a "few good men" for UT... would be a VERY small pool.

Like the discipline though. Very different from the Fulmer days when Cut wasn't around.

Reactions: 1 person
If you're a head coach of any team in any sport, my way or the highway when it comes to players should be the norm, not the exception.

Reactions: 5 people
Despite what some believe, Saban did not invent football. Butch is doing things his way. The constant reference to Saban gets old.

Reactions: 33 people
If you're a head coach of any team in any sport, my way or the highway when it comes to players should be the norm, not the exception.
Your right fade.You gotta have a little fear in your players, employees,or your kids for that matter.Things go much better that way.People need structure and laws in life.

How about butch calling a meeting and straight laying it down! Sounds like he tore into them boot camp style. The Martin talks back and he says he's your papers. Go wherever you want and don't let the door hit your ass in the way out. We discuss his play calling/game management (and yes I've been critical in this regard) but I think this player meeting was awesome! Very Saban like. Butch just says and does all the right thing. I hope this doesn't get merged into the Martin thread as I'd love to see who all agrees that he made a statement to all his players regarding the culture we're creating

For those of us not in the know here, what brought on this meeting? Was it precipitated by specific incidents or was he just reminding them for fun?

For those of us not in the know here, what brought on this meeting? Was it precipitated by specific incidents or was he just reminding them for fun?

I'd guess it was most likely the result of Mosely's DUI arrest and Joc Bruce's recent suspension.

Reactions: 1 person
How about butch calling a meeting and straight laying it down! Sounds like he tore into them boot camp style. The Martin talks back and he says he's your papers. Go wherever you want and don't let the door hit your ass in the way out. We discuss his play calling/game management (and yes I've been critical in this regard) but I think this player meeting was awesome! Very Saban like. Butch just says and does all the right thing. I hope this doesn't get merged into the Martin thread as I'd love to see who all agrees that he made a statement to all his players regarding the culture we're creating

I'm running on about two hours sleep so my apologies for not knowing, but what is the bolded part about? Who's Martin?

VN Store

Back