Whats Next super Soph Barnett

Its scary to think how awesome he can be for us. Whats better is who will the opposition choose to double team? Assuming Kmac and Shy live up to expectations and considering that Maggit and Weatherd are proven commodities.

Reactions: 3 people
I like this part:
Vols linebacker Curt Maggitt boldly said he wants he and Barnett to become the league's best tandem of pass-rushers, with the goal being 30 sacks between them.

I'd be okay with 30 sacks.

Reactions: 17 people
I like this part:

I'd be okay with 30 sacks.

Cool thing is, by making that public comment, he's gonna have half of VolNation counting them up with them as the season goes along, like anticipating whether Hank Aaron is gonna break the home run streak this year.

Just adding another element of fun to what's already the greatest part of the year. :)

Reactions: 2 people
What's really scary, is that Barnett doesn't have to get better to be one of the greatest Dlinemen of all time.

If he were to simply record the same stats from his freshman year, each year, he would go down as one of the greatest ever.

Reactions: 1 person
Cool thing is, by making that public comment, he's gonna have half of VolNation counting them up with them as the season goes along, like anticipating whether Hank Aaron is gonna break the home run streak this year.

Just adding another element of fun to what's already the greatest part of the year. :)

If I'm looking at the stats correctly the two had 21 sacks last season: Maggitt had 11 and Barnett 10.

I wonder if there's a duo of returning linemen in the SEC with more than 21 sacks?

What's really scary, is that Barnett doesn't have to get better to be one of the greatest Dlinemen of all time.

If he were to simply record the same stats from his freshman year, each year, he would go down as one of the greatest ever.

What's the Tennessee career sack record? Anyone know?

With a more physical tackles in the middle, I think 30 is definitely a possibility. Unless K-Mac gets to the QB before they do!

Despite recent drama it is hard not to be excited about this dline's potential. I said at the end of last season i could see Barnett or Curt having a statistical drop and it still being a phenomenal season. If Kmac and Tuttle blossom we could see total sacks sky rocket but Barnett and Curt stay about the same. #goodproblems

Their numbers may stay the same between the two for the simple fact we may have more quality depth to give them a rest, which will really pay dividends at the end of a long season.They will stay rested and healthy.... Ah screw it, they hit 30+ and 45+ as a team.

hope they move him from side to side based on the weaker tackle he is facing this season

Last edited:
So if he can keep this pace and stays for 4, he would break that record.

He'd probably break the tackles for a loss record too

Reggie was 80 - 83 but that's less common now.
but he got 15 in 83. Almost half the record in one year. So it could be done in 3 years.

So if he can keep this pace and stays for 4, he would break that record.

He'd probably break the tackles for a loss record too

Doubt Barnett stays for 4 if he continues to improve, or really just stays consistent. He got 9 of his 10 sacks in the second half of the season. Keep that average up, and he's looking at 18 this year.

If our DT's and MLB can shutdown the running game up the middle and force teams to rely on passing the ball this could be awesome to watch!

Reggie was 80 - 83 but that's less common now.
but he got 15 in 83. Almost half the record in one year. So it could be done in 3 years.

I was about to say didn't Mr. White turn it on towards the end of his career. With Barnett with ten already, and the fact that we keep signing great d-tackles it will only make him that much better. Now we do have to worry about other teams lining up a tight end on that side as an extra blocker and using the running back to slow him down as well but with his motor i think we will be fine.

Someone explain how bosa is the number one player in the nation and Barnett isn't in the top 25

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 2

VN Store

Back