2014 Vols vs South Carolina replay

Heck ya. I watched some of the Auburn - A&M replay earlier. I want the season to get here so badly.

one of the great TN comebacks.

That was a wild ride on VN. I remember that thread, and the rollercoaster emotions. Haven't rewatched it but I will now.

Perused some rival's forums today. Rarely do that. Layouts made my eyes bleed. THANK YOU FREAK FOR THIS AWESOME FORUM.

Anyway, coxkytalk was discussing this game. Lots of mad hens in the chicken house still about it.

Reactions: 1 person
That was a wild ride on VN. I remember that thread, and the rollercoaster emotions. Haven't rewatched it but I will now.

A lot of people abandoned ship after Brandon Wilds broke free on a 70-yard run to make it 42-28 with about 5 minutes to go. I was one of them.

I remember literally shaking after the game. Most surreal win I've seen in a long, long time.

Boy you ain't kidding! Some had fired the whole staff! What a night!

I was at that game and so so glad I stuck it out in all the bad weather, but I wish I would've been reading the game thread on here. Bet it was pretty amusing. By the time the game ended I couldn't feel hardly anything and couldn't have been happier.

Reactions: 2 people
A lot of people abandoned ship after Brandon Wilds broke free on a 70-yard run to make it 42-28 with about 5 minutes to go. I was one of them.

I remember literally shaking after the game. Most surreal win I've seen in a long, long time.

Boy you ain't kidding! Some had fired the whole staff! What a night!

I remember how many people started calling out Butch, the other coaches, and the players right and left. People started giving up on the game, the season, and maybe even Butch. Was kind of embarrassing to see VN have a meltdown mid game like that, but glad it worked out. UT really turned around the entire vibe of the season with that win imo.

I remember how many people started calling out Butch, the other coaches, and the players right and left. People started giving up on the game, the season, and maybe even Butch. Was kind of embarrassing to see VN have a meltdown mid game like that, but glad it worked out. UT really turned around the entire vibe of the season with that win imo.

Many of the posters on VN are just little children that give vent in forums like this to every little emotional tick they feel. Thankfully, our coaches and players aren't the quitters that many of our fans can be at times.

Reactions: 4 people

(*this is probably gonna get me a coupla "cool story bro"comments, but I wanted to share it.*)

I was almost one of those that left. IIRC, it was around 0430-0500 local when the fourth quarter started (yep, I haven't missed a game since being in Germany) and my faith in the Vols' ability to make the big comeback had started to wane just a little bit. About the time Wilds broke that big run, I had the remote in my hand and was about to shut the TV off......but something stopped me.

I know I've told this story before, but I'mma do it again. My "Grandma Pat" (RIP sweet lady, I still miss you), a lifelong resident of Maryville, Tennessee and a PROUD graduate of the University of Tennessee is the reason that I am a Vol fan today. Not gonna go into the full backstory, but she took me to Neyland Stadium on 14 September, 1991 to watch the Vols play UCLA.....and my blood's been Orange ever since. That having been said.......

So I'm sitting there on the couch, remote in hand, about to shut the TV down because let's face it, we're down 14 with less than 5 minutes to go, I'm of the mindset (and I'm not the only one, I guarantee ya) that this game's over, the Vols have fallen to the chickens, yada yada blah blah blah. My thumb hovers over the power button, and I swear to y'all that I heard Grandma Pat tell me "this ain't over yet" so I set the remote back down. Glad I did, too, that was quite possibly one of the best comebacks I'll ever see. Just wanted to share that with y'all.

Reactions: 6 people
I got a nice victory a little while after the game too.

The day after the game I was discussing the remainder of the season with a buddy of mine who is a Florida fan. I said "You guys have some tests coming up. FSU is going to be a tough one to swing, I think yall will beat South Carolina though."

He snickered and said "Uhh... well yeah... I would HOPE we could beat South Carolina." I tried to explain to him that South Carolina had a very stout offense, but he wasn't hearing it. Obviously he had decided that since Tennessee beat South Carolina they must be garbage. It got under my skin a good bit, but I did the best I could to brush it off.

November 15th, 2014
South Carolina - 23
Florida - 20

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The entire season? I delete the losses.

I keep the entire season. Even with the losses sometimes it's fun just to go back and rewatch snaps. Plus losses like the Georgia game are still great ones to go back and watch.

The Georgia game is tough to watch all the way through though. We had an entire quarter of Peterman, and it still took us fumbling in the end zone and giving them a free touchdown for them to win. Frustrating.

I know there were a LOT of fans that just gave up, went to bed, changed the channel, etc. and completely missed the end. I changed the channel myself because I couldn't stomach what I thought was about to be a complete beat down. Luckily I flipped back several times just to see if there was even a glimmer of hope, and the last time I did man was I surprised! I jumped up off the couch and started screaming and then proceeded to text everyone I could to turn the game back on.

I keep the entire season. Even with the losses sometimes it's fun just to go back and rewatch snaps. Plus losses like the Georgia game are still great ones to go back and watch.

The Georgia game is tough to watch all the way through though. We had an entire quarter of Peterman, and it still took us fumbling in the end zone and giving them a free touchdown for them to win. Frustrating.

I can't bring myself to rewatch a game we lost. It hurts too much.

Reactions: 2 people
Many of the posters on VN are just little children that give vent in forums like this to every little emotional tick they feel. Thankfully, our coaches and players aren't the quitters that many of our fans can be at times.

One cool thing Maggitt mentioned at the media days was how ours was the most loyal fan base, through all the tough times. He said we deserved a good season, and that's given them extra motivation.

My husband and I didn't give up on the SC game, but I can't blame people who did. It was a long shot to win the game (statistically less than 5% chance). It doesn't make the fans quitters, just frustrated fans who were tired of watching the same ol' story of 'almosts' and 'maybe next year'. Luckily the team changed how the story was written that night and gained some momentum and confidence.

I have watch it 6 times already it gets better and better every time.👽

Same here, I have watched that game at least that many times. I let my dad watch it and he deleted it from my DVR after watching it. Glad it's on again. I have it set for record and plan to watch it a few more times before the season starts.

Astro Dobbs really turns it on in that game.

Perused some rival's forums today. Rarely do that. Layouts made my eyes bleed. THANK YOU FREAK FOR THIS AWESOME FORUM.

Anyway, coxkytalk was discussing this game. Lots of mad hens in the chicken house still about it.

Agree. This is one of the best forum designs out there.

VN Store

Back