Would be cool to honor the Chattanooga Marines this season

Agree 100%. One of the marines graduated from my high school and is from my hometown. Definitely hits home in many ways. I'd love to see something done

Reactions: 1 person
I say we honor them by going 14-0 !!!

Ok, I have set the kool-aid down...a helmet sticker or patch on the jersey would be a nice touch.
How's about a moment of silence at every home game?

This would be especially appropriate in light of the fact that there is at least one photo being circulated around that shows the scumbag wearing a UT hat. I was disgusted when I saw that.

As a veteran I would like to see at very least something on opening day. I like the idea of a small sticker.

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe a "C" with a smaller "JS" inside the C, to honor both Chattanooga and Devaun Swafford, who recently found out his college career is cut short for medical reasons.

The artists of VN could draw up something tasteful, I'll bet.

Last edited:
Also have the Pride of the Southland Band play the "Marines' Hymn" in conjunction with the Benediction and/or the Star Spangled Banner at the home opener.

Reactions: 7 people
The shooting happened just two blocks from my office. They have a massive Memorial set up there I drove by tonight. It's where Manning went to pay his respect. There was definitely some UT gear mixed in amongst all the American flags.

Last edited:
The shooting happened just two blocks from my office. They have a massive Memorial set up there in drove by tonight. It's where mannitol went to pay his respect. There was definitely some UT gear mixed in amongst all the American flags.

I drove by it Sunday night. It was a zoo there--and understandably so. Glad to see the outpouring of support from everyone.

I don't remember the last time that there was a pre-game flyover. Before California in 2006 there were fighters zipping around. Air Force game there was a refueler or a B-52. Several years before those there was a vintage B-29. It's amazing as the National Anthem is winding down, and a long range camera picks them up and it's on the Jumbotron... and then a few seconds later Neyland Stadium literally shakes from the plane(s) passing overhead.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't remember the last time that there was a pre-game flyover. Before California in 2006 there were fighters zipping around. Air Force game there was a refueler or a B-52. Several years before those there was a vintage B-29. It's amazing as the National Anthem is winding down, and a long range camera picks them up and it's on the Jumbotron... and then a few seconds later Neyland Stadium literally shakes from the plane(s) passing overhead.

. . . culminating in the "Missing Man" formation.

I don't see how the team doesn't take the opportunity to honor the marines. Tbh, I'll be shocked if we don't honor them in some way.

They was standing on the bridge today on Volkswagen Drive with American flags and "Nooga Strong" signs. I honked as I drove by

VN Store

Back