Joc Bruce suspended from team activities (update: leaving school 7/24)

Fingers

Per Jimmy Hyams: UT's Joc Bruce suspended from team activities for not applying self off the field, 2 sources said. Bruce is from South Doyle

Yeah, hoping this is a "let me slap you hard, early, so I don't have to do something more serious later. Get your attention" kind of thing. Hopefully.

Reactions: 9 people
giphy.gif

Reactions: 14 people
This is an odd suspension for a guy who just started classes a month ago. Might the fact that Bruce is a 2-star blueshirt prospect have anything to do with the severity of this punishment? Buyer's remorse from the coaching staff, perhaps?

Obviously I don't know what's really going on here, but I hope this isn't a Saban-like pretext to create an extra scholarship at the expense of a guy at the bottom of the depth chart.

Reactions: 2 people
So in just a couple of days, we have found out Jones may give Foreman a chance at wr (presumably Von not looking likely), Swafford done with injury and Bruce suspended.

We know how to kick off a pre season heh.

Reactions: 1 person
This is an odd suspension for a guy who just started classes a month ago. Might the fact that Bruce is a 2-star blueshirt prospect have anything to do with the severity of this punishment? Buyer's remorse from the coaching staff, perhaps?

Obviously I don't know what's really going on here, but I hope this isn't a Saban-like pretext to create an extra scholarship at the expense of a guy at the bottom of the depth chart.

huh?

Reactions: 9 people

Probably missed some classes and/or labs and they're getting his (and the other newly arriving players) attention.

I have a lot more respect for Jones than that. . . I agree with comments above that Coach is probably showing early what will and will not be tolerated. But he'll be fair and give Bruce a chance to get back in good standing.

The off-season was going a little slow. I guess I should have appreciated the "No news is good news" a little more.

Reactions: 1 person

I actually was hoping it was a Saban-like pretext to create an extra scholarship at the expense of a guy at the bottom of the depth chart

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back