Devon Swafford (will not play)

peyton4heisman

Senior Lurker New Member
Will not play due to a medical condition per 104.5

Will stay on as a student-coach

Sorry to hear but glad he is taking his health seriously

Reactions: 2 people
I hate to hear that about Swafford. He seemed to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time several times during the season. Hope all works out for him.

I need a never forget gif of him and the td.

edit - Nm, I found it. One of my favorite plays that year. Still get chills.

volsblock.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 34 people
I definitely hate it for him. I wish him a full recovery first and foremost. I'm glad he is able to stay with the program in some capacity while he finishes his collegiate career.

Someone from his hometown stated in another thread a while back that he took a knee to the helmet in the bowl game and will have to have neck surgery. - Just relaying.

There was evidently something to it. Literally the first time I've heard/read about is right now. Poor kid. Great that Butch still has him involved with the program.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I truly hate this for him. My daughter went to DB with both him and Malik. She was friends with both. It was a blast watching the two of them shred defenses their Senior year.

I can't start a thread so I will ask in here. I live in Kingsport and I hear some news about the program through friends and family of

Swafford and Foreman. This seems to be the first bit of bad news from them but just trying to figure out if it's true, Rumor has it up

here that Swafford will no longer play football for UT, the person said he was kneed in the top of his helmet during the Bowl game and

now has to have surgery(Neck injury). I was also told that bUTch is going to let him keep his scholarship and finish school. Real bummer if this is

true, I have watched him play since pee wee and always thought he was special. It would be cool if bUTch let him finish school though

Just wondering if any of this is true.

GO VOLS!!!!!

Someone in the VP thread called this. I hate it for him.

Really sorry for the young man. Hope everything works out medically and in his life.

On a related note, I wonder if this affects Butch's apparent desire to try Malik Foreman out at WR. All that great depth we had in the defensive backfield is suddenly coming down to true freshmen...

Starting five (nickel): Sutton, Martin, Moseley, Randolph, McNeil
Backups: Gaulden, _________, _________, Evan Berry, TK Jr

Who are the two backup corners? I had Foreman and Swafford pencilled in. If they're both out, here's who we have left:

• RS Senior Max Arnold (has mostly played special teams and reserve LB/DB in the past)
  • true Freshman MaLeik Gatewood
  • true Freshman Stephen Griffin
  • true Freshman Darrell Miller
  • true Freshman Micah Abernathy
We're not that deep at DB after all, it seems....

Best to you, Devaun, we will miss you in more ways than one!

I hate to hear that about Swafford. He seemed to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time several times during the season. Hope all works out for him.

Wasn't just a knack, Swafford had very good football smarts. I heard they were going to try him at receiver this year. I think he would of made some noise there. He was better on offense than defense in high school. Played at RB, WR, and DB. It's a shame, I was looking forward to seeing him play the next two years.

Starting five (nickel): Sutton, Martin, Moseley, Randolph, McNeil
Backups: Gaulden, _________, _________, Evan Berry, TK Jr

Who are the two backup corners? I had Foreman and Swafford pencilled in. If they're both out, here's who we have left:

• RS Senior Max Arnold (has mostly played special teams and reserve LB/DB in the past)
  • true Freshman MaLeik Gatewood
  • true Freshman Stephen Griffin
  • true Freshman Darrell Miller
  • true Freshman Micah Abernathy
We're not that deep at DB after all, it seems....
I have Sutton and Moesley at CB backed up by Foreman and Martin. Safety I have McNeil an Randolph backed up by TK and Berry. Gaulden at the nickel. Why in the world would he move Foreman to WR with all the talent we have at the position?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back