Ga Tech vs. Tennessee 2017 CFA Kickoff

Confirmed that we're opening up 2017 against Georgia Tech. Tough offense to go against, but I'm confident. Go Vols!

https://twitter.com/CFAPeachBowl/status/623123637101559808

CKXHcM1UMAIpmEx_zpsbpb6oc6q.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Love the big stage games.

The option that GT runs is effective against teams that aren't prepared for it. Jones has shown to be really strong in games in which he has extra time to game plan. Plus, our defense is only getting stronger!

Reactions: 4 people
I do not like this game. Sure we can and should win but who will survive and what will be left of them? How many knee injuries will he D absorb? Will they be able to recover ? Starting off the season with bum ankles and knees is a bad way to start.

Reactions: 7 people
Will that be the first game in the new stadium?

Atlanta's MLS team should have kicked off by then, along with a pair of Falcon's preseason games. Alabama and Florida State have the Saturday kickoff game so I imagine that will be the first major event there.

Reactions: 2 people
Hate this game. Does nothing for us. A win doesn't propel us as GT isn't exactly OU. Lose, which is very possible due to the unique nature of their offense, & the season starts off with a pointless loss.

I love the kickoff games, but this is not great in terms of the risk vs reward factor.

Reactions: 4 people
Hate this game. Does nothing for us. A win doesn't propel us as GT isn't exactly OU. Lose, which is very possible due to the unique nature of their offense, & the season starts off with a pointless loss.

I love the kickoff games, but this is not great in terms of the risk vs reward factor.

Assuming GT continues the trend they're on, they'll be a top 15 team in 2017. No different than what Oklahoma is now.

Reactions: 1 person

It's weird, because I would view this as a good, solid win...but a bad loss.

Actually, as a homer, I guess that's not that weird.

Hated the matchup in previous threads but it's set now. Ain't gonna be no buyout. :nono:

This is chicken crap... We should be loaded by then. A legitimate contender in the SEC. Georgia Tech will be a cupcake game for that team.

Reactions: 2 people

Ohio State was beaten by Va Tech last year and turned it around nicely. This also revives an old rivalry.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back