I'm only seeing 2 losses tops

Eddie Vol Halen

Senior Life Champion
In the regular season, I'm only seeing two losses tops. These are the only games that are toss-ups or slight underdogs:

Alabama
Georgia
Oklahoma

I think we win 1 of those 3 minimum.

It will be highly suspect if we lose to any of these three teams this year:

Florida
Arkansas
Missouri

Our two deep can hang with every team in the nation. We have the best QB in the SEC and surrounded by skill. Defense is mean again. O-line will be serviceable.

Team 119 has to show up and show out, smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy.

Reactions: 18 people
Totally agree. Barring significant injuries, there is no reason why UT shouldn't beat UF, UGA and Mizzou and win the East. That should be the expectation at this point.

Reactions: 5 people
In the regular season, I'm only seeing two losses tops. These are the only games that are toss-ups or slight underdogs:

Alabama
Georgia
Oklahoma

Florida
Arkansas
Missouri

Our two deep can hang with every team in the nation. We have the best QB in the SEC and surrounded by skill. Defense is mean again. O-line will be serviceable.

You are clearly underestimating Mizzou and Arkansas imo.

Reactions: 39 people
You are clearly underestimating Mizzou and Arkansas imo.

Agree. Arky will be a very tough, hard fought game. At the end of the year last season, they were playing as well as anybody in the most difficult division (SECw) in college football. As far as Mizzou....on paper, it makes little to no sense they should play with us this year....however, I have a sneaking suspicion that they very much will based on what we've seen from them the last 3 years. Neither team should be underestimated.

Bama, Oklahoma, Georgia and Arkansas are gonna be hard-fought games. No guarantees in any of them. If we split them, I'll take that as solid.

USCe, Florida, and Mizzou are not gimmees. We should be in position to win all three, but college football is college football. If we drop one of them, I won't be shocked.

So that puts us at 9-3. No "fahr Butch" anywhere in those possible combinations. That's right, even if the three losses were to Bama, Georgia, and Florida. KB would need to spend about 3 months in Ward 6, but 9-3 with those three losses would still be a solid season.

But I do hope you're right and we get 10-2. Win all three of the trap games and split the hardest four. I'd like that!

Go Vols!

Reactions: 8 people
Bama, Oklahoma, Georgia and Arkansas are gonna be hard-fought games. No guarantees in any of them. If we split them, I'll take that as solid.

USCe, Florida, and Mizzou are not gimmees. We should be in position to win all three, but college football is college football. If we drop one of them, I won't be shocked.

So that puts us at 9-3. No "fahr Butch" anywhere in those possible combinations. That's right, even if the three losses were to Bama, Georgia, and Florida. KB would need to spend about 3 months in Ward 6, but 9-3 with those three losses would still be a solid season.

But I do hope you're right and we get 10-2. Win all three of the trap games and split the hardest four. I'd like that!

Go Vols!

I'd take one for the team and admit myself voluntarily JP if Florida is one of ONLY 3 Losses. Thatd be a very good season, and after a series of emotional and mental evals and some alone time, I think that'd be more than a fair trade off for me.

Reactions: 3 people

Alabama
Georgia
Oklahoma

Florida
Arkansas
Missouri

Brakes people. brakes!

Reactions: 11 people
Brakes people. brakes!

Dpattr, calling people 'people' pisses people off. Hehe, I love the alliteration of that one.

We don't got no stinkin' brakes. From this point on, every year is a potential championship year for the Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I'm not saying we'll go undefeated, but we're gonna be a handful for every team we play just as much as they will be for us. Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, and Oklahoma are the 4 toughest games IMO. It'd be hard to say any of those teams should just flat out beat us. Even bama has questions this year, but you give them the edge at home. 9-3, and 10-2 are very doable.

I'm getting really tired of the pump the brakes posts.. if BUTCH is the coach that turns UT back into a championship team it has to start this year

Start maybe, only 2 losses improbable. Most of the studs on this team are underclassmen. The junior and senior class are nothing special talent wise.

I think there will be a lot of disappointed people here this year wanting an east championship or better. We're not there yet.

Reactions: 8 people
trust the process as Butch would say. this team was fortunate to make a bowl game last season. Butch has beaten 3 SEC teams since he has been here Vandy, UK, and SC. is the program moving in the right direction ? of course, will we beat some more SEC teams this year... Yes! But just because we beat Iowa in a bowl game does not guarantee a national championship this season.

Missouri, Florida, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Arkansas all have comparable lineups. Georgia and Alabama have better lineups (outside of Qb). We will be much more competitive this year, but that just gives you a chance.

Reactions: 4 people
Eddie...last year you said the SAME THING...

[youtube]http://youtu.be/99_g5oCQ664[/youtube]

Most of the studs on this team are underclassmen. The junior and senior class are nothing special talent wise.

This is so many wrongs stuffed into one satchel. Just to name a few: Maggitt ... Randolph ... Pearson ... Howard ... North ... Dobbs ... JRM ... Sutton.

There are more.

The junior and senior classes have shrunk over the past few years (only 35 left in both classes together ... the freshmen alone outnumber both) ... but what's left is very high quality.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 7 people
This is so many wrongs stuffed into one satchel. Just to name a few: Maggitt ... Randolph ... Pearson ... Howard ... North ... Dobbs ... JRM ... Sutton.

There are more.

The junior and senior classes have shrunk over the past few years (only 35 left in both classes together ... the freshmen alone outnumber both) ... but what's left is very high quality.

Go Vols!

I was about to post this same response. Glad I read on.

Talent is great but we still have to win the games. Preparation, execution, avoiding big injuries and a little luck. All of our opponents want to win too...

While I would say we COULD win 10 games, we could have a great team and still win less than that. The key is being good enough to be in the mix every year... And if we are sooner or later championships will come.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back