Daniel Bituli commits

LandonVFL

Per Twitter

@DBituli: I am officially committing to the University of Tennessee #Vfl

Haven't seen a thread in the football forum yet, so BOOM

Reactions: 22 people
:welcomec::welcomec::welcomec::cheer::cheer::cheer::3cheers::3cheers::3cheers::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::baloon::baloon::baloon::3083yourock::3083yourock::3083yourock::td::td::td::welcome3::welcome3::welcome3::bammer::bammer::bammer::bammer: WELCOME TO BIG ORANGE COUNTRY MY FRIEND.

Reactions: 6 people
This is getting better and better..... All things go in cycles - the stock market, the weather, and football. I have been telling myself that for the past 10 dark years while it's been hard to be a Vols fan. Well the market is at an all time high, the weather forecast is excellent, and the Vols are recruiting enough depth to be in games till the end. This defense is going to be NASTY this year and into the future with studs like this. GBO

Reactions: 2 people
Woohoo, thats great news. We needed one bad.

haha Bituli looks like Lawrence Taylor in that 1A class.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Stoked to have Bituli, the #1 player in the state in the fold. That being said, why are people saying that lb is a big position of need this class? We currently have 12 on the roster, with Weatherd being the only senior. If everything stays as is, we'll have 13 on the roster next season. Given that we'll likely be in a 4-2-5 defense a majority of the time, why do we need to continue to stack lbs at this point? Honest question. Somebody set me straight here.

Reactions: 3 people
Stoked to have Bituli, the #1 player in the state in the fold. That being said, why are people saying that lb is a big position of need this class? We currently have 12 on the roster, with Weatherd being the only senior. If everything stays as is, we'll have 13 on the roster next season. Given that we'll likely be in a 4-2-5 defense a majority of the time, why do we need to continue to stack lbs at this point? Honest question. Somebody set me straight here.

I see him as a hybrid LB, similar to C Weatherd. Could eventually transition out to be a DE like Jakob Johnson or Maggitt

I see him as a hybrid LB, similar to C Weatherd. Could eventually transition out to be a DE like Jakob Johnson or Maggitt

But do you see taking linebackers in this small class as being critical or crucial like I've heard some say or write? I think we're already loaded, before Bituli's commitment, at the position. I think we desperately need rbs and WRs personally. Again, very pleased to have a player of Daniel's quality aboard, just curious about the urgency of which positions we need to fill. On paper linebacker, and even DE to a lesser extent, doesn't seem to be one.

"The Vols have told Bituli, he said, that they plan to use him as a middle linebacker in their 4-3 base defense"....this is a quote from Daniel....I'm sure he'll fit somewhere just fine depending on how much bigger he gets...

Given how Thig recently described the type of MLB they're now looking for .... "Not a big 245lb thumper in the middle but rather a guy who can cover the field by quickly running sideline to sideline".... your take makes sense. Thanks.

VN Store

Back