Pratt & Whitney: Vol Supporters !

Buttoned up to the top, just like Butch...no detail left to doubt, just like Butch...good things getting ready to happen...GO VOLS !!!

Reactions: 1 person
P&W is a British company and they test their engines at Arnold Air Force Base in Tullahoma,Tennessee and it's home to the UT Space Institute.

Reactions: 4 people
P&W is a British company and they test their engines at Arnold Air Force Base in Tullahoma,Tennessee and it's home to the UT Space Institute.

Not trying to derail the thread, but Pratt & Whitney is an American Company and always has been one.

Go Joshua Dobbs and go USA.

Reactions: 4 people

Go Wildcats!

Not trying to derail the thread, but Pratt & Whitney is an American Company and always has been one.

I think by "British" he meant "Yankee," since P&W calls Connecticut home.

Ok, I'm reaching to help out a brother from Tullahoma. :)

Meh!

Best thing to come out of Tullahoma were Tennessee Thumper bats!

Best aircraft engines around.
Hopefully Dobbs can help them get a LOT more out of the engine they put in the F-35 because they made a fatal decision going with a single engine design...strictly to placate the jarheads, who wanted a verticle takeoff variant. The Pentagon should have let Boeing handle the Marines aircraft and let Lockheed Martin design and build the Navy and Air Force model.

Because of that bogus decision, ALL of them are craptastic and the whole program has gone billions of dollars over-budget. Same knuckle-heads who want to can the A-10's, which are still the most lethal ground support aircraft the US has.

I was in the Army for 6yr and always out in the field. I remember the A-10's flying nearby, and it always seemed like your big brother walking alongside you in the hallway. Anyone that wanted to mess with you, had to go through him. You could hear this loud Buuuuuuurrrrrrrpppppp!!!!!! That was it's 30mm gatlin gun. The thing is practically the length of the aircraft.

And the same boneheads who foisted the F-35 on the American taxpayer, is the same ones who want to replace the A-10 with that expensive piece of crap.

It's underpowered (cause it only has one engine to carry all that extra weight), overweight/bloated and not very manueverable compared to our other aircraft and enemy aircraft. If they get into a dogfight, they are sitting ducks. Sounds eerily reminiscent of the decision they made in WWII, with the Sherman tank.

They KNEW the Sherman tank was vastly inferior to what the Germans had, but they figured they could outnumber the German tanks. Stupid decision because that meant more of our soldiers operating those tanks would be killed.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQB4W8C0rZI[/youtube]

So, getting back to Dobbs...yeah, Pratt and Whitney needs some bright minds like his, to help the idiots in the Pentagon overcome their ineptitude in weapon system procurement.

Last edited:
Nuttin, the Defense Procurement discussion threads are over that way ------>
...somewhere...honestly not sure where...just...umm...not here.

This is about football, here.

But sincerely happy that this thread gave you an opportunity to get that off your chest. You clearly needed it. :good!:

Nuttin, the Defense Procurement discussion threads are over that way ------>
...somewhere...honestly not sure where...just...umm...not here.

This is about football, here.

But sincerely happy that this thread gave you an opportunity to get that off your chest. You clearly needed it. :good!:
It's about Dobbs Internship...with Pratt & Whitney, in which he got to test the engine for the F-35. It's very much related. My point being, they need help...BIG TIME. The only thing that can help redeem that massive boondoggle is to hope engineers like Dobbs can manage to get a lot more thrust out of that engine. So, put a sock in it. I don't need your permission to post here.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back