Parking Spots -- Need Advice

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
So my Mom, in her 70s, has never been to a Vols game. Lifelong Vols fan, bleeds orange, but never seen them live. Just found that out this year when she let me know a Neyland Stadium game is on her bucket list.

My brother just found tickets to take her to the Arkansas game, but they didn't come with parking spot.

Looking for advice on a place to park nearby. She can't walk too far, and my brother needs to stay with her, so can't just drop her off.

Is there a good and dependable place to park near the stadium? We've parked in that lot between the stadium and the river the last few times I've been, but I think those spots all come with season tickets.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I think you can call the ticket office and explain it to them...at least you used to be able to. It's worth a shot.

Handicap
Disabled parking is available at the Agriculture Campus located at the very southwest side of campus. Visit UT Parking Services or call (865) 974-6031 for information on parking regulations and passes. For lot location view the Reserved Parking Map above, the Agricultural Campus is on the west side, denoted with an AG.

Tennessee Volunteers Football Gameday Parking - Gamedayr

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure if they still do this.. But at Cherokee country club there was a van that would meet about an hour before the game, and for about 20 dollars you could get dropped off right in front of the stadium, and a ride back. I used to do this myself up until about 2 years ago

Handicap
Disabled parking is available at the Agriculture Campus located at the very southwest side of campus. Visit UT Parking Services or call (865) 974-6031 for information on parking regulations and passes. For lot location view the Reserved Parking Map above, the Agricultural Campus is on the west side, denoted with an AG.

Tennessee Volunteers Football Gameday Parking - Gamedayr

and here is from teh official site

ACCESSIBLE PARKING

Accessible parking and shuttle service is available from the Agricultural Campus. For information regarding accessible parking, please call UT Parking Services at (865) 974-6031.

The accessible parking on the Ag Campus is first come, first served. There are approximately 150 spaces. A parking pass is not required.

The Civic Coliseum provides accessible parking and a shuttle to Gate 21.

University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site - Gameday

Awesome, guys, thanks. That's a couple of great leads to chase down. I appreciate it!

My parking advice is always the same. Park for free at Market Square and ride the trolley to and from the stadium. It's insanely easy and the walk is about 200 yards.

Reactions: 3 people
My parking advice is always the same. Park for free at Market Square and ride the trolley to and from the stadium. It's insanely easy.

Tell me more please, GAVol. Where is Market Square (I have never lived in Knoxville, have no clue), how dependable are free spots there, how much does the trolley cost, how frequently do they run, will they be able to catch one back during the game if my mom starts feeling tired, and are they difficult for less-than-spry folks in their 70s to get onto and off of? Appreciate any detail you have. Considering all options still.

I'm trying to talk my dad into taking his oxygen and little rascal to a game.... He used to go with us to the games, health issues, now gotta get him back into going. I saw an elderly fan in a wheel chair and with oxygen last year and thanked her for supporting the team... GO VOLS!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Tell me more please, GAVol. Where is Market Square (I have never lived in Knoxville, have no clue), how dependable are free spots there, how much does the trolley cost, how frequently do they run, will they be able to catch one back during the game if my mom starts feeling tired, and are they difficult for less-than-spry folks in their 70s to get onto and off of? Appreciate any detail you have. Considering all options still.

Market Square/Old City is just off James White Parkway near the Crowne Plaza, TVA buildings etc. I think the trolley is $5 roundtrip and it starts running back out at the beginning of the 4th quarter and they run about every 10 minutes. The only issue I can think of is the walk up Phillip Fulmer Way coming out of the stadium to the bus area would be uphill for a short distance

Market Square/Old City is just off James White Parkway near the Crowne Plaza, TVA buildings etc. I think the trolley is $5 roundtrip and it starts running back out at the beginning of the 4th quarter and they run about every 10 minutes. The only issue I can think of is the walk up Phillip Fulmer Way coming out of the stadium to the bus area would be uphill for a short distance

Awesome, thanks again. I'm going to call tomorrow morning about the Accessible Parking option at the Ag Campus that VolFromBama mentioned, find out all about it. My mom does have handicap parking pass, so it might work out best. But I'll keep Market Square as a backup option if that falls through. Appreciate it!

You can always go park at just about any hotel in Alcoa and get a ride to and from game. Cost 15-20. Call hotel up in advance and get them to add your name to the bus pick up list.

I heard there's a lot of construction on the strip. What's that going to look like come season? I always park and tailgate on the strip, will it be a nightmare this year?

I'm trying to talk my dad into taking his oxygen and little rascal to a game.... He used to go with us to the games, health issues, now gotta get him back into going. I saw an elderly fan in a wheel chair and with oxygen last year and thanked her for supporting the team... GO VOLS!

Those are my favorite fans. It's easy to be a game day fan when you're physically able. When you aren't, it's a whole different ballgame, literally.

Reactions: 1 person
I heard there's a lot of construction on the strip. What's that going to look like come season? I always park and tailgate on the strip, will it be a nightmare this year?

i believe you've already answered your own question :)

I have parked at both the Ag Campus and the Civic Coliseum. I prefer the CC.

I have parked at both the Ag Campus and the Civic Coliseum. I prefer the CC.

How's the availability at both, Gramps? I read where it's first-come, first-served, and figured they probably run out of spots before game time. Is either one a surer bet than the other?

How's the availability at both, Gramps? I read where it's first-come, first-served, and figured they probably run out of spots before game time. Is either one a surer bet than the other?

CC has a lot more parking spots. I have never had any problem parking there. I would try to get there about 2 hours prior to game time.
When I parked at the Ag Center I had a parking pass. I was not aware anyone could park there without a pass.

It may not have any effect the Ag Campus but with the construction on the strip, that entire area may be a disaster getting in and out. I would definitely recommend the CC. I have never had a problem getting in or out.

CC has a lot more parking spots. I have never had any problem parking there. I would try to get there about 2 hours prior to game time.
When I parked at the Ag Center I had a parking pass. I was not aware anyone could park there without a pass.

It may not have any effect the Ag Campus but with the construction on the strip, that entire area may be a disaster getting in and out. I would definitely recommend the CC. I have never had a problem getting in or out.

Is there a shuttle that runs from CC to stadium and back, Gramps? And does it run very frequently? Cost much?

EDIT: Nevermind, Gramps, didn't need to bother you with so many questions, just found this website about it, and will call their number tomorrow for more info. Thanks again!

http://www.knoxvillecoliseum.com/parking/ut-football

Last edited:
Is there a shuttle that runs from CC to stadium and back, Gramps? And does it run very frequently? Cost much?

EDIT: Nevermind, Gramps, didn't need to bother you with so many questions, just found this website about it, and will call their number tomorrow for more info. Thanks again!

http://www.knoxvillecoliseum.com/parking/ut-football

You are not bothering me.

Hope your family enjoys the game.

Slightly off topic but Donors just got emails for Parking Passes... I got moved from Ag to Lot 40. Said demand was high and all passes have been sold for the year.

Slightly off topic but Donors just got emails for Parking Passes... I got moved from Ag to Lot 40. Said demand was high and all passes have been sold for the year.

My first year with a pass. I got Lot 40 as well. It doesn't look like too terribly bad of a spot.

I received Lot 40 also. Does anyone know anything about that area? Parked there before? Decent tailgating spot? Easy in and out?

We also got lot 40... have parked at the ag campus in the past. It was good. We parked in lot 14 last year, but we were still using in-laws' points. Hope Lot 40 is a good place. Anyone parked there before?

VN Store

Back