Spurrier takes a shot at Tenneseee (Again)

He has a point.

No, he doesn't. Tennessee and Arkansas have been down lately so they have a reason to celebrate 7-6. It shows obvious progress. South Carolina is going the other direction with no sign of a resurgance so of course no one is celebrating 7-6 for them. He doesn't have jack ****.

Reactions: 23 people
I was not doing cartwheels but didn't we have like 4 losing seasons? Hell yeah I was happy because we are improving and usc jr. had 3 years of 11-2 and went 7-6 last year... that was a very big fall. Obc just hates us and has nothing better to do. He just mad because Butch owns him.

Reactions: 1 person
No, he doesn't. Tennessee and Arkansas have been down lately so they have a reason to celebrate 7-6. It shows obvious progress. South Carolina is going the other direction with no sign of a resurgance so of course no one is celebrating 7-6 for them. He doesn't have jack ****.

This. I'm not upset as a Vol fan, because I recognize his comments for what they are: sour grapes.

But if I was a SC fan [:::spits:::] I would not take kindly to the notion that the HBC, on the heels of an 11-win season the year prior, was "celebrating" a 7-win follow-up season. I think Steve is so busy trying to be smarmy that he has lost his perspective. It's obvious we're in his head.

Reactions: 5 people
His interview explanation says it wasn't meant as a shot. Suggested in the middle of the season, it was possible that SC may not reach a winning season. So they celebrated "turning it back around".

Some will take it as shot, some as true. Doesn't matter though. Whenever Spurrier is not given the benefit of the doubt, he earned the skepticism from years of smart a_ _/entertaining comments.

Can't it be both? Sure it's progress, but 7-6 is still mediocrity.

Yes he does, that was his point, that both teams have been so bad in recent years that we're now very excited about being average....

He didn't take a shot... Some people's skin must be almost transparent it's so thin, if that is a shot or a jab... He said UT and Arky both had 7-6 records and celebrated, they won a bowl and finished 7-6, so they celebrated also... Where is the jab or shot?

You can't spell Citrus without UT, Free Shoes University, etc, those are shots and jabs, not just this... Some people look too hard

Reactions: 4 people
Can't it be both? Sure it's progress, but 7-6 is still mediocrity.

Yes. As a matter of fact, we were 5-6 and narrowly squeaked out a win vs a horrible Vandy team. The bowl game was great, but 7-6, no matter how you slice it, is very mediocre.

its all relative. 15 years ago 7-6 was blasphemy. last year 7-6 was a sign of hope.

Spurrier is just doing what he does, putting on a show for fans and media.

i've said it before...everybody hates Spurrier, except the media and the fans of the school he's coaching.

Were the Vol's last 2 wins over the Gamecocks just too deeply penetrating and painful for the OBC?
Good, I love it!
Go Vol's

Yes. As a matter of fact, we were 5-6 and narrowly squeaked out a win vs a horrible Vandy team. The bowl game was great, but 7-6, no matter how you slice it, is very mediocre.

Great points. That's why I had to laugh at the "we're back" comments after the bowl game.

Were the Vol's last 2 wins over the Gamecocks just too deeply penetrating and painful for the OBC?
Good, I love it!
Go Vol's

Yes and that was evident when he didn't stick around to answer reporters' questions after the game.

It will be a sad day when Spurrier retires

I couldn't agree with you more, Steve Spurrier is and has been a big part of college football for many many years and will be sorely missed.....whew, now I said it, but it's true.....I've got a great deal of respect for the OBC

VN Store

Back