2015 Football Media Days Special (Updates)

Coug

On Monday from 12:30p to 5:30p the SEC Network will air a "2015 Football Media Days Special".

Description:
"Players and coaches from the '14 teams in the SEC take questions from the media leading up to the 2015 season, getting their thoughts on how they expect their teams to perform, along with how they will prepare for the opponents on their schedule."

It's unclear how much of the material that'll be aired is previously unseen.

Media Days happens every year and lasts for a week. Tennessee is up Tuesday.

MONDAY, JULY 13

11:30 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.

Commissioner Greg Sankey
Auburn(Coach Gus Malzahn/Jeremy Johnson, Jr., QB; Jonathan Jones, Sr., DB; Kris Frost, Sr., LB)
2:30 to 5:30 p.m.

Florida (Coach Jim McElwain/Jonathan Bullard, Sr., DE; Brandon Powell, So., WR; Vernon Hargreaves III, Jr., DB)
Vanderbilt (Coach Derek Mason/Ralph Webb, So., RB; Nigel Bowden, So., LB; Spencer Pulley, Sr., C)

TUESDAY, JULY 14

8:30 to 9 a.m.

Steve Shaw, SEC Coordinator of Football Officials
9 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.

South Carolina (Coach Steve Spurrier/Elliott Fry, Jr., PK; Pharoh Cooper, Jr., WR; Skai Moore, Jr., LB)
Texas A&M (Coach Kevin Sumlin/Mike Matthews, Sr., C; Germain Ifedi, Jr., OT; Julien Obioha, Sr., DL)
1 to 4 p.m.

Mississippi State (Coach Dan Mullen/Dak Prescott, Sr., QB; Taveze Calhoun, Sr., DB; Ryan Brown, Sr., DE)
Tennessee (Coach Butch Jones/Joshua Dobbs, Jr., QB; Curt Maggitt, Sr., LB/DL; Cameron Sutton, Jr., DB)

WEDNESDAY, JULY 15

8:30 to 8:50 a.m.

National Football Foundation
9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

Alabama (Coach Nick Saban/Reggie Ragland, Sr., LB; Kenyan Drake, Sr., RB; Ryan Kelly, Sr., OL)
Kentucky (Coach Mark Stoops/Melvin Lewis, Sr., NG; Jordan Swindle, Sr., OT; A.J. Stamps, Sr., S)
1 to 4 p.m.

Missouri (Coach Gary Pinkel/Kenya Dennis, Sr., DB; Maty Mauk, Jr., QB; Evan Boehm, Sr., C)
Arkansas (Coach Bret Bielema/Jonathan Williams, Sr., RB; Brandon Allen, Sr., QB; Keon Hatcher, Sr., WR)

THURSDAY, JULY 16

8:30 to 8:50 a.m.

Football Writers Association of America
9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

Georgia (Coach Mark Richt/Malcolm Mitchell, Sr., WR; John Theus, Sr., OT; Jordan Jenkins, Sr., OLB)
Ole Miss (Coach Hugh Freeze/Evan Engram, Jr., TE; Mike Hilton, Sr., DB; C.J. Johnson, Sr., LB)
LSU (Coach Les Miles/Leonard Fournette, So., RB; Vadal Alexander, Sr., OT; Kendell Beckwith, Jr., LB)

Reactions: 2 people
Coug you're not extremely familiar with SEC Media Days, are you?

Not with regard to the SEC Network. It wasn't active this time last year as the network debuted in August. What videos I saw in the past of media days were posted from Youtube accounts or in random threads. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I hope they grill Steve Shaw,head of the refs, on how bad the SEC officials grade out. The premier football conference has the worst refs and it always seems that we catch the bad side of that.

Reactions: 4 people
I hope they grill Steve Shaw,head of the refs, on how bad the SEC officials grade out. The premier football conference has the worst refs and it always seems that we catch the bad side of that.

Hmm, in recent years I've actually been pretty proud of our refs. I man, sure, they're blind as bats and stupid to boot (when they penalize the Vols, that is), but they're a hell of a lot better than the PAC's refs (Butch knows), who are in turn better than the B10 and B12's refs, who are better than the ACC's refs by quite a bit.

All kidding aside, every bowl season I sit and cringe at the crews of other conferences, making me realize how we have it relatively good.

I'll be down there all 4 days, for the third year in a row. I'll try and post some pics and updates in here or another media days thread when it's Tennessee's turn.

Reactions: 12 people
Regardless, the referees of the SEC have left us all expecting more. The standard should be high

They seem to exhibit bias against the lower ranked SEC team IMO.

They made some really poor calls that weren't supported by video that were confirmed last year.

Reactions: 2 people
Last edited:
Usually a TON of coach speak, no news, no drama. Sometimes Spurrier will spice things up, but otherwise pretty boring stuff.

I mean you can't NOT watch Derek Mason. Comic relief is great for the offseason.

I almost feel bad for the guy honestly. I mean if Vandy doesn't pull off some kind of miracle with their season he's doomed. I'd be willing to bet he's job hunting already.

I almost feel bad for the guy honestly. I mean if Vandy doesn't pull off some kind of miracle with their season he's doomed. I'd be willing to bet he's job hunting already.

I heard he already got turned down at Home Depot in the Fence department. He couldn't build an Offense or Defence. :eek:hmy:

Reactions: 6 people

Why? He's a great defensive coordinator that can't head coach in the SEC. I've seen that story before.

Reactions: 1 person
I was going to DVR Tuesday SEC Media days to see what Butch and Spurrier would say. Unless something has changed, SEC network is not covering the event. Coverage was on ESPN2 or ESPNU (can't remember which) like it has been in years previous.

I'm not saying this means anything, I just thought it was strange, this being the first SEC Media days since the launch of the SEC Network, and it's being covered by ESPN instead.

Anyone else find this odd?

I was going to DVR Tuesday SEC Media days to see what Butch and Spurrier would say. Unless something has changed, SEC network is not covering the event. Coverage was on ESPN2 or ESPNU (can't remember which) like it has been in years previous.

I'm not saying this means anything, I just thought it was strange, this being the first SEC Media days since the launch of the SEC Network, and it's being covered by ESPN instead.

Anyone else find this odd?

ESPN owns SECNetwork...so...no, I don't find it "odd"...

In fact...I think there will be lots of coverage on both Networks...

ESPN, SEC Network to broadcast live from SEC Media Days - Orlando Sentinel

ESPN owns SECNetwork...so...no, I don't find it "odd"...

In fact...I think there will be lots of coverage on both Networks...

ESPN, SEC Network to broadcast live from SEC Media Days - Orlando Sentinel

I now ESPN owns SEC Network, but I just thought it was odd that SEC Network was not scheduled to cover SEC Media days, while ESPN is scheduling it 3-4 hours daily on ESPN networks, instead of SEC Network.

Maybe my thinking was what was odd ... SEC Media Days ... SEC Network ...

The link from the Orlando SEntinal that you provided was the first I personally had saw regarding the SEC Network coverage. I was going by what I read on the Dish network channel guide a couple days ago. Thanks for the info. I'm gonna go change my DVR.
:eek:k:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back