I feel very confident Gameday will be at Tennessee/Oklahoma this year.

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
And here's why.

Long story short, the lineup of games that day is extremely weak.

Games worth mentioning:

-Notre Dame/ Virginia

-East Carolina/ Florida

-LSU/ Miss State

-Tennessee/ Oklahoma

-Oregon/ Michigan State

Now it's pretty easy to see what the obvious choice is here, but i think we've gotten lucky on this one. Last year for the second game of the season, Gameday went to Oregon for Mich State vs. Oregon. I highly doubt they would go back, again, for the exact same game, the exact same week as last year.

The only other threat would be LSU/ MS but at that point our game and their game will both be a Top 25 matchup. ESPN would have to choose between our game, which is two ENORMOUS fanbases, or their game, which is one enormous fanbase and one tiny fanbase. I like our odds.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I'm pretty sure they will go to the Oregon/MichSt game. There are plenty of the same games they have gone to in back to back years.

Reactions: 5 people
Delusional doesn't even begin to describe some of those who post on this site. I realize I'm an old fart now but after being a Vol fan for 50 years, sometimes I just have to SMH...

Reactions: 2 people
Delusional doesn't even begin to describe some of those who post on this site. I realize I'm an old fart now but after being a Vol fan for 50 years, sometimes I just have to SMH...

Aren't you a ray of Sunshine! :)

Reactions: 10 people
I don't want game day here until we win a few big games this season, but what you say is possible. The hype we are getting with the media may bring them here by itself. I think Oregon Mich St is more likely but we aren't out of the realm of possible.

You think that College Gameday coming for the Oklahoma game is a delusional thought? It's unlikely but def not delusional.

Gameday needs to stay away until UT can prove they are back.

Yep was pretty disappointed the year Florida came and felt we had a chance.. Dooley second yr.. Only to be let down again.. The atmosphere was vintage Tennessee, it rivaled that of the Grey jersey debut Georgia game..we are such a win hungry fan base.. If we do beat OU it's on..

Reactions: 1 person
Close call IMO.

If Tennessee blows out Bowling Green and the hype train gets rolling down hill then maybe.

Michigan St. Vs. Oregon is a pretty solid match up. They need a reason to pass on it. Oregon not being as good this year is a good reason to pass.

Vol fans checkering the Titans stadium could get their attention.

You think that College Gameday coming for the Oklahoma game is a delusional thought? It's unlikely but def not delusional.

No I don't think it was your comment. I think it was the comment about gameday possibly being at LSU/Miss St but who knows?? I didn't see any delusional statements.

Yep was pretty disappointed the year Florida came and felt we had a chance.. Dooley second yr.. Only to be let down again.. The atmosphere was vintage Tennessee, it rivaled that of the Grey jersey debut Georgia game..we are such a win hungry fan base.. If we do beat OU it's on..

Wasn't it his third year, 2012?

That may be too early in the season.

Beat Oklahoma by 2 TD's or better and be undefeated they may be at the swamp to watch us WIN there.

After our WIN in the swamp I think damn will be in K town for our next big game and we'll still be undefeated so it will be hard for them to pass on Neyland.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

It was 2012 Dooleys second year, alot of hype after that NC State game. And to answer Chattvol I think its wishful thinking on your part that gameday would be in Knoxville that week, hell I dont even think SEC Nation will make the trip due to LSU vs Miss State.

That may be too early in the season.

Beat Oklahoma by 2 TD's or better and be undefeated they may be at the swamp to watch us WIN there.

After our WIN in the swamp I think damn will be in K town for our next big game and we'll still be undefeated so it will be hard for them to pass on Neyland.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

If UT and Arky are undefeated headed into the first weekend in October they will be there. I dont think they will be making any trips to UF any time in the near future.

It was 2012 Dooleys second year, alot of hype after that NC State game. And to answer Chattvol I think its wishful thinking on your part that gameday would be in Knoxville that week, hell I dont even think SEC Nation will make the trip due to LSU vs Miss State.

no, it was his 3rd and final year.

One thing is almost certain: GameDay will return to Knoxville in 2015. Big riches-to-rags-to-riches storyline, outsized market for ratings share, long absence, possible SEC East contender, several early candidates for individual awards. In short, too many good elements to pass up, if you're the GameDay producers.

If the AD's office lets it be known that we're checkerboarding the stadium that weekend (whichever weekend it is), that just adds a visual element to the equation.

Only question is, when? Gotta be Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Georgia, no other home games are nearly as compelling. There's healthy competition from other marquee games each of those weeks (like Oregon-Mich St in week 2), so something's gotta give.

Chatt-town, I like your intuition about Oregon-Mich St being a "repeat." Could see the producers seeing it the same way. On top of which, there's the "Stoops thinks the SEC is over-rated" storyline as icing on the cake.

I like it. I think you're right. I think the Oklahoma game is the more likely of the three possibilities. Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me for the producers to adopt a "wait and see" attitude instead, planning an October visit to Knoxville if the Vols are undefeated going into one of those two games.

Either way, think it will likely happen. Go Vols!

I'm pretty sure they will go to the Oregon/MichSt game. There are plenty of the same games they have gone to in back to back years.

Agree. You have a potential number 1 team travelling on the road to a top-5 or at least top-10 team who will be in a good position to pull the upset.

We have some other good opportunities for game days depending on how the season plays out. My guess would be Georgia if we're both undefeated heading into that match-up.

ESPN is a media outlet. They will go to the place with the best backstory and place to get the most publicity. The Vols rising back in Neyland to beat Oklahoma would be a pretty hard one to pass up. But what do i know.... absolutely nothing :)

ESPN game day will be at Oregon versus Michigan State & SEC nation will be here in Knoxville for Oklahoma

VN Store

Back