24 hours of Vol Action

Sin City Vol

Starting at midnight Thursday, the SEC network will be showing 24hrs of Tennessee sports. As far as football and hoops I saw UT v Syracuse 2002 hoops, 1995 vs Georgia football, 2014 v south Carolina, 98 v FSU, plus some 30 for 30's, lady vol hoops and softball....not sure if anyone would be interested in watching.

Reactions: 3 people
Sounds good but anytime I feel like watching a game I go to YouTube and it has about every game I can think of.

Sounds good but anytime I feel like watching a game I go to YouTube and it has about every game I can think of.

Every nationally televised game for sure... The oldest game I could find on youtube was the 1966 Gator Bowl win over Syracuse 18-12. The 1971 win over Penn State is also on youtube including commercials, pregame interviews and player introductions which was back when the starters would be introduced at midfield before the game.

Reactions: 1 person
I was kinda hoping there would be more football games. I'd be pissed if I were an Ole Miss fan, though. Nothing but "The Season" the entire day. Not one single full-length game in any sport.

But then again, I'd be pissed if I were an Ole Miss fan to begin with.

Reactions: 8 people
SEC Network July 10th

schedule.jpg

There is no way to know what might be covered in the "VFL Films Vault" volumes but I'm surprised they are not featuring one of the Lady Vol bball championship game victories from either '07 or '08 or one of our big victories under Bruce Pearl on the men's side. (Memphis '08 or the Sweet 16 win over Ohio St in '10 perhaps?)... As far as football goes, it seems obvious they wanted to include one of Peyton's best games but Alabama '95 would have been a better choice than Georgia '95...It's not a strong lineup based on what Coug posted.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to be very tired after that 24 hours.

Note to self...Keep the coffee extra strong.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

24 Hours were just programmed on my DVR! I don't even remember playing Syracuse in 2002! Hope some LVBB NC are incl in the vaults!

Saw a lineup and have to say it's underwhelming.

Agreed. Kinda disappointed when I saw the line up. Why the Book of Manning TWICE....again....You can catch that on SECNetwork three out of the seven days of the week already...

Good way to bring him in... Very cool, congrats!

Congrats! Those better be Nike socks on his hands to keep him from scratching his face.

Edit: Any new dad knows socks are needed on the hands to prevent scratches. I realize the original comment doesn't make sense to posters without children.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Highly recommend DVRing the Ernie and Bernie segment at 3:30 am for those that didn't have the pleasure of watching them play.

Me and my wife just had our first child Monday evening. I'm off work this week I'll be watching with him at my side.

843bc4d5e366565ba69ad69f43278f3e.jpg

I know you are a new parent but socks go on the feet.:)

Just kidding, need the scratch prevention.....Beautiful child and congratulations. I know you hear it a lot but they grow up too fast.

VN Store

Back