A few great seasons = restart of Neyland Stadium rennovation

VOLorNuttin

Just read where FSU was getting some major rennovations to it's stadium. They merely had 2 great seasons, and suddenly they have the cash to pump into their stadium and facilities.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68_r1mTpWtU[/youtube]

TAM moved to the SEC, had bigger seasons than they ever had in the Big12, and they too pumped tons of $$$ into major stadium renovations. Bama did the same thing after a few successful seasons.

So, I'm seeing a pattern, here. Our record went south and consequently, so did our stadium renovation plans. However, we now have the talent to win the SEC E. As long as we are back in contention for the East, the next few years, watch and see if our coffers don't fill up enough to kick start the stadium renovation again, in the next 2-3yrs.

I think they will start with finishing the brick facade on the South side. It's as bare as a baby's bottom, right now, and needs it. I'd also like to see them make the brick go up to the top level all the way around. Doesn't look right only going halfway up.

Too much brick in your description, I like the contrast. It's contemporary while creating gravity and warmth with he brick. To much and it would look kinda ancient.

We have such a cool stadium. It has its quirks and pitfalls but it's the most beautiful setting anywhere.

Reactions: 8 people
Neyland still needs some aesthetic work but it can wait. I've never seen a campus with so many construction projects underway at the same time. I still love the place but it's a helluva mess right now.

Reactions: 2 people
I intern in an office in facilities and I've heard that the next thing going on for the stadium is a cleaning/repainting all the metal.

Reactions: 3 people
Too much brick in your description, I like the contrast. It's contemporary while creating gravity and warmth with he brick. To much and it would look kinda ancient.

We have such a cool stadium. It has its quirks and pitfalls but it's the most beautiful setting anywhere.

Besides, CBJ is using all of the bricks to build the team... :)

Reactions: 14 people
That's what put this program $20 million in the hole. Let's hold off for a while maybe win a division championship or 2, get some BCS money and then go waste it finishing the boondoggle Hamilton started

I intern in an office in facilities and I've heard that the next thing going on for the stadium is a cleaning/repainting all the metal.

That is much needed, it's a real eyesore, a very bad show!

Reactions: 1 person
That's what put this program $20 million in the hole. Let's hold off for a while maybe win a division championship or 2, get some BCS money and then go waste it finishing the boondoggle Hamilton started

no Mike Hamilton hiring terrible coaches with terrible buy outs is what put us in that hole.

Reactions: 6 people
Were there ever any renovations to the "dungeon" along sections a - f?

Neyland needs some grass...first...

635688558638447781-Screen-Shot-2015-06-02-at-3.41.34-PM.png

Disagree completely on the brick. I think the stadium needs more of it. I would love for the erector set look to be gone completely and the entire outer perimeter of the stadium be enclosed in the brick facade.

Reactions: 7 people
no Mike Hamilton hiring terrible coaches with terrible buy outs is what put us in that hole.

No, I'm pretty sure that spending $50 million to renovate a playground for people paying $10,000 per year per seat on the west side upper deck may have contributed to the financial demise. Sorry.

To the OP's point, I would like to see work begin again on Neyland in 2 - 3 years...after, hopefully, a couple of good seasons. Shouldn't any remaining academic departments housed in the stadium be transitioned to other locations by 2017?

I'm guessing much of the ongoing construction on campus will be wrapping up by then. Also, any stadium re-furbishment started after the 2017 season would probably take 3+ years to complete.

It would be nice to have all done in time for the 100th anniversary of the stadium.

The brickwork in the old days was pretty awesome. It's hidden by steel now, which is sad. I'd vote for an architect to design some brickwork that mimics the original design, with the arches seen here:

However I know there is enough of a pattern already established around the gate 21 area that is new that that won't happen. Love the old stadium before the upper deck went in. I'm an old fart.. I loved it when you could see the hill from the field.. I loved it before we wore gray jerseys.. heavy sigh.. I digress....

From what I have been told. UT already has plans to close the river side in to match the rest of the stadium brick.

I have seen Architectural plans and drawings but nothing has been approved. I worked for the company that installed 90% of the metal panels for the stadium.

From what I have been told. UT already has plans to close the river side in to match the rest of the stadium brick.

I have seen Architectural plans and drawings but nothing has been approved. I worked for the company that installed 90% of the metal panels for the stadium.
The original plans included demolishing the south ramp, building new concourse and entry all the way around to the East side.

Disagree completely on the brick. I think the stadium needs more of it. I would love for the erector set look to be gone completely and the entire outer perimeter of the stadium be enclosed in the brick facade.
Exactly. Look at most any NFL stadium and you don't see hardly any framework. It's mostly covered. Brick all around the stadium would = class.

nissanrendition600-062515.jpg

Ohio St. Stadium

stadium_3_osu_library.jpg

TAM's Kyle Field

e-facade-aerial.jpg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5gc0bC9Srw[/youtube]

VN Store

Back