So you can only buy a Peyton jersey?!

EaglesVols91

Went to Alumni Hall today to get my Nike fix and the dude said you can only buy a #16 jersey because numbers for current players could result in lawsuits. Sorry if this is old, but I'm just now finding this out. Extremely disappointing.

Uhhh.....there's a #1, #11, #45, and #56 in Adidas. There's only a #16 Nike because it just launched. That guy at Alumni Hall is just being dramatic. Give it a couple of weeks.

Reactions: 2 people
Went to Alumni Hall today to get my Nike fix and the dude said you can only buy a #16 jersey because numbers for current players could result in lawsuits. Sorry if this is old, but I'm just now finding this out. Extremely disappointing.

Not true about the lawsuits. If they had their names on them, okay but not just their number. Nike doesn't seem to have realized their full lineup of gear. I'm sure it's in the pipe.

I remember the ncaa raising a stink about the sale of 21 jerseys during Shuler's tenure.

Uhhh.....there's a #1, #11, #45, and #56 in Adidas. There's only a #16 Nike because it just launched. That guy at Alumni Hall is just being dramatic. Give it a couple of weeks.

Nike should have been more prepare. I ordered 1 hat and 2 t's on Tuesday. I wanted a #1 jersey. So I spent 100 and not 180. Guess they will get it ($) later :eek:lol:

Last edited:

Not accurate. Because of the pending NCAA player likeness litigation, UT is only licensing the #16 this season.

Many other schools are doing this as well beginning this season. They will only license retired numbers or designate one number per season representing the season or something like that.

The other numbers from last year will not be produced this year or until the player likeness issue is resolved.

Reactions: 3 people
Not accurate. Because of the pending NCAA player likeness litigation, UT is only licensing the #16 this season.

Many other schools are doing this as well beginning this season. They will only license retired numbers or designate one number per season representing the season or something like that.

The other numbers from last year will not be produced this year or until the player likeness issue is resolved.

Well that's interesting, because they've already lost 2 sales (that we know of). I don't want a #16, and I'm assuming the fellow above me doesn't either....oh well...

Last edited:

Wow, really? I stand corrected.

What if we're young, not fat, and only wear them occasionally?

Also, im also down to see a hot girl wearing a Tennessee jersey

I think this belongs here..and I think belongs to a poster here...

vols-tennessee-girls-500-63.jpg

Reactions: 8 people
Grown men should NEVER wear jerseys! Ever. Unless you are suiting up to play in the game. Being the 12th man (fan) doesn't count........

Reactions: 4 people
The jersey hate is ridiculous. I have every jersey, including the black and the grey (excluding the gray with the checkerboard sleeve that flopped).

I wear one every game day, and I usually get a house full of people wearing theirs as well. Jerseys are another thing that represent football season to me. I will, however, agree that jerseys should only be worn on game day, not just randomly on a Tuesday trip to the mall.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back