Vols on Broadway.

derekdoolander

Total "cool story, bro" thread.... But I'm in NYC for a work conference and my wife dragged me to see the Broadway show "Mamma Mia". Definitely not my cup of tea but as I was reading all of the actors bios in the program, I was pumped to see one of the leads wrote "Go Vols and God Bless America". I yelled "Go Vols!" during his bow and he threw up the VFL hand gesture.

Best part of the show haha

Reactions: 21 people
Holy carp man, that is worthy of the Cool Story Bro title. To find a Vol on Broadway, of all places, is outstanding. Great job getting him to toss the handsign!

My niece (Belmont grad) spent the past two years trying to get a break onto the Broadway scene, just hung it up this month and moved back to Tennessee. It's a real "getting a camel through the eye of a needle" kind of challenge making that cut. Awesome to hear we have a Vol there!

Reactions: 1 person
Dunno what's more surprising, a Vol on Broadway or a Broadway producer allowing "God Bless America" on the playbill.

Reactions: 9 people
can you take a picture of the Playbill? I'm interested to find out who it was and if they went to Tennessee

He was nice-- we got to meet him after the show. He's a Bearden grad from Knoxville. We talked all about the Nike switch, and how he always signs "VFL" when fans wearing other SEC school clothes ask for autographs haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Dunno what's more surprising, a Vol on Broadway or a Broadway producer allowing "God Bless America" on the playbill.

Definitely the latter. Surprised the producer didn't fire the actor and editor and bring charges.

doing some google shows that he was born here and went to Bearden! awesome!

Definitely the latter. Surprised the producer didn't fire the actor and editor and bring charges.

We need to pray for that young man, he's living in the lions den there. I have a friend who's been on Broadway and in films for 15 years (along with his wife) and lives close by.,,, and he says it's getting more and more hostile towards us everyday!!!

it's an awesome show. I've seen it many times...Knoxville, Chicago, New York, and London. Go Vols!

He was nice-- we got to meet him after the show. He's a Bearden grad from Knoxville. We talked all about the Nike switch, and how he always signs "VFL" when fans wearing other SEC school clothes ask for autographs haha

That has to be one of the coolest stories Ive seen posted. We recently took a family trip out west & the first place we went to was Mt Rushmore. We literally were out of the car 5 mins when we walked past a lady w a TN shirt on, of course my wife & I were wearing TN gear & we spoke. They lived 10 mins from my house! the next morning in Jackson Hole we parked next to a car w Lady Vol stuff all over it. The day after we parked at Old Faithful & the car next to us was from Blount County & had TN Vols in the window. We spoke to several Vol fans in Yellowstone. The next week we were all over Colorado including a Rockies game & I saw several power Ts & gave out a few Go Vols! The last leg was the Grand Canyon & while looking over one of the view areas I heard a booming Go Vols from across the parking lot! I dont know how they saw the power T on my hat but its truly a Volnation!

Reactions: 4 people
Cool story! It is great to hear VFL when you travel, makes you feel at home. Speaking of this, I am glad for the guy from Bearden, I am happy for him too. I myself was on tv many times when I was younger.... I recall being on tv and every once in a while my mom would yell at me and holler "Get off that danged tv I got to Dust it!!"

Yup, those were the days!:crazy::pepper:

Reactions: 2 people
I used to live outside NY and anytime my mom came to visit I took her to a broadway show, they're not that bad. That's cool a local kid is in a big show like Mama Mia. I love NY and I also sign VFL when giving autographs

I used to live outside NY and anytime my mom came to visit I took her to a broadway show, they're not that bad. That's cool a local kid is in a big show like Mama Mia. I love NY and I also sign VFL when giving autographs

Thanks for posting...

Elvis-impersonator.jpg

I am going to start tossing the Vol handsign when signing autographs, too. And by that I generally mean writing checks for my wife and daughters to spend more money. :)

Reactions: 4 people

We need to pray for that young man, he's living in the lions den there. I have a friend who's been on Broadway and in films for 15 years (along with his wife) and lives close by.,,, and he says it's getting more and more hostile towards us everyday!!!

Yeah guys, hard to believe how hard of a time they have keeping their beliefs to themselves.

VN Store

Back