Going to the Oklahoma Game!

EricberryFAN

GO VOLS MAN!
Hey guys,
I just bought two tickets to the Oklahoma game. I've been to games before with my dad and friends but never took my girl to one. I plan on getting there early the day of and spending that night of the game.

Any recommendations on where to stay and "must do's"?

I'll be sitting Section X 5 - Row 1. Which is a new experiment as before I've sat on the opposite side. (How are the seats?)

Any information would be great:good!:

Reactions: 2 people
Just remember that no matter how bleak it gets, we gonna whup dey azz.

Breaking news:
Tennessee QB Dobbs leads 40 point comeback accompanied by 4 fumbles by the defensive line

I sat in that exact same section and row in 2009 when we opened up against WKU. They were awesome seats

Reactions: 1 person
I'll see you there...this will be my one game this year...

Oh...I'll be in ORANGE

There are some nice restaurants downtown. Barley's has good pizza. Crown and Goose is really good too. They serve English pub food and have a large variety of drinks

Good luck getting a room for one night at a nice hotel. Many are requiring payment for staying 2 nights for big games this year.

Good luck getting a room for one night at a nice hotel. Many are requiring payment for staying 2 nights for big games this year.

I believe all the hotels downtown are requiring two night minimum stays for this weekend.

As an alternate, you should look at some of the places off of Merchants Dr. It's about a five mile drive straight up 275. Very easy to get to and from campus and most hotels don't require the two nights. It's also usually about a third of the cost of staying downtown.

Hey guys,
I just bought two tickets to the Oklahoma game. I've been to games before with my dad and friends but never took my girl to one. I plan on getting there early the day of and spending that night of the game.

Any recommendations on where to stay and "must do's"?

I'll be sitting Section X 5 - Row 1. Which is a new experiment as before I've sat on the opposite side. (How are the seats?)

Any information would be great:good!:

Where'd you score the tix? How much they going for?

I really want to go to this one this year!

Where'd you score the tix? How much they going for?

I really want to go to this one this year!

I got mine from sectickets.com that I found from just typing the game into Google. I love the "seatgeek" app though.

These two tickets ran me $620 for the pair. They got some good seats available still but man alive they're expensive. I seen some good sideline tickets for 300-400 a piece and one I saw was 600 a ticket. 😲

Not so good seats are ranging $145ish and up.

Get there early enough to check out VOL Navy. Swing by the book store get some new Nike gear. Watch the band come to the stadium. Don't forget the VOL WALK. Take a picture with Coach Neyland. Get inside, get food and drinks in time to watch the Vols Run Thru the T. Watch and cheer the VOLS to Victory. GO VOLS!

Get there early enough to check out VOL Navy. Swing by the book store get some new Nike gear. Watch the band come to the stadium. Don't forget the VOL WALK. Take a picture with Coach Neyland. Get inside, get food and drinks in time to watch the Vols Run Thru the T. Watch and cheer the VOLS to Victory. GO VOLS!

I've never seen the Vol Navy roll in. What's a good time and place for that?

I've never seen the Vol Navy roll in. What's a good time and place for that?

Thursday afternoon/night/Friday morning drinks at Calhoun's leads to decent watching of the true pleasure boaters in advance of a huge game.

Last edited:
Go to others peoples tailgates and each their food and drink their beer

It's a good piece of advice to travel with at least a fifth of Jack at all times while trolling the tailgates. That way, you can always reward the truly generous.

I've never come out behind in the ledger off that deal.

Reactions: 2 people
Go to Stock and Barrel on Market Square if you are a fan of killer burgers. Actually go to Market Square regardless. Its awesome.

Great (but expensive) drinks at the Peter Kern Library, a speakeasy hidden in the back of the Oliver Hotel.

Get to the new bridge between the new Student Union and the Geography building for the Pride's march to the stadium. It'll be awesome and packed with fans.

I'm sure you've seen it but definitely get there early so you can see the pregame.

Go to Stock and Barrel on Market Square if you are a fan of killer burgers. Actually go to Market Square regardless. Its awesome.

Great (but expensive) drinks at the Peter Kern Library, a speakeasy hidden in the back of the Oliver Hotel.

Get to the new bridge between the new Student Union and the Geography building for the Pride's march to the stadium. It'll be awesome and packed with fans.

I'm sure you've seen it but definitely get there early so you can see the pregame.

Is that Brazilian joint still out on Kingston Pike in Bearden?

VN Store

Back