For all you married Vols

VOLS INC.

President/CEO
I took a pretty big risk last night. Decided to buy Season Tickets this year BUT my wife was asleep and I did not ask her. I have only been married 10 days so I haven't had much coaching. To commit to that many weekends and that kind of money is a big deal at this point in our lives. Lucky for me she was happy I got them. I couldn't even sleep last night I was so excited.....Boys i gotta good feeling about this year!!!!:rock:

GBO

Reactions: 32 people
If I did that my wife of almost ten years would leave me in a heartbeat. Wait...no wife...season tickets...I may be onto something.

Reactions: 27 people
I took a pretty big risk last night. Decided to buy Season Tickets this year BUT my wife was asleep and I did not ask her. I have only been married 10 days so I haven't had much coaching. To commit to that many weekends and that kind of money is a big deal at this point in our lives. Lucky for me she was happy I got them. I couldn't even sleep last night I was so excited.....Boys i gotta good feeling about this year!!!!:rock:

GBO

Tell her you are the CEO of Vols, Inc. on Volnation and its part of the job.

Reactions: 2 people
Tell her you are the CEO of Vols, Inc. on Volnation and its part of the job.

:lolabove:

Yea i dont think my volnation status means a whole lot to her. She was really cool about it. She knows who she married. I grabbed the mic and started "Its great to be a Tennessee Vol" chant at our wedding. We were so loud!!!!

Reactions: 7 people
It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission... 17 years experience talking,
But I also have a very understanding wife...

Reactions: 10 people
I did the same thing kind of. Been married almost a year. I got a little extra cash from my internship and asked if I could get us two tickets and she said you made the money I can't tell you what to do with it. Haha but she wanted them as much as me I'm sure.

I think it depends on the financial situation of the family. If money were tight and living paycheck to paycheck I think it should be discussed with wife before buying season tickets.

If money is not an issue it should not be a big deal.

Just an old man's opinion.

Reactions: 13 people

GBO

My wife is a big Miss. State fan and she still loves going to games at Neyland with me. She would however be pissed if I bought season tickets. It would be a money issue but more of a time commitment issue that she would have beef with. We go a couple home games a year and I am cool with that.

I have been with my wife for 20 years and married for 16 years. Just remember this.....happy wife = happy life!

Reactions: 5 people
I think it depends on the financial situation of the family. If money were tight and living paycheck to paycheck I think it should be discussed with wife before buying season tickets.

Solid advice gramps.

Reactions: 1 person
I did the same thing kind of. Been married almost a year. I got a little extra cash from my internship and asked if I could get us two tickets and she said you made the money I can't tell you what to do with it. Haha but she wanted them as much as me I'm sure.

This will change I will promise you that but it sounds like you married a good one.

Inc, here's my advice. If you keep making a lot of impulsive pro-Vols decisions like this, the honeymoon's going to be over after a year. And then you gotta be more careful managing the relationship.

If you are careful and considerate of her desires, and really treat her like a princess, the honeymoon's going to be over after a year. And then you gotta be more careful managing the relationship.

So have at it, champ. Keep up the good work. You have 355 days to go (some would say 346) . :)

Reactions: 5 people

Come on Cramps...The man has been married for 10 days and has to establish a few things early. Vols tickets has to be a priority. :)

Reactions: 4 people
inc, here's my advice. If you keep making a lot of impulsive pro-vols decisions like this, the honeymoon's going to be over after a year. And then you gotta be more careful managing the relationship.

If you are careful and considerate of her desires, and really treat her like a princess, the honeymoon's going to be over after a year. And then you gotta be more careful managing the relationship.

So have at it, champ. Keep up the good work. You have 355 days to go (some would say 346) . :)

great advice!

If money isn't an issue, just tell her that you already planned 7 dates this fall!

And take her shopping for a couple game day outfits.

It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission... 17 years experience talking,
But I also have a very understanding wife...

Lol. I don't think it's "better", perhaps easier. Lol

My wife is also lol. She owns me.:)

Reactions: 3 people
If a decision involves your wife in any way, you should always consult in the decision. What you have to understand is your money is now her money, your time is now her time, and vice versa. How would you feel if she bought tickets to every American Girl grand opening and made you go with her? Always reverse the roles, it helps put things into context. Because I'm here to tell you, if you don't do this then she will for you. Here is how I see the upcoming conversation going.

You - hey honey, I bought UT season tickets!
Her - oh really, no problem then, I'll just go buy a new Louis Vuitton

:)

Reactions: 3 people
There are certain things that need to be worked out before the "I do's", including no I will not go shopping with you on any Saturday during the fall because I will be at Neyland Stadium or in front of the TV watching an away game & "there are three great things in the world: God, family, & the Big Orange"

LOL...gotta pick your battles. She may be cool with it now...but just remember a woman NEVER forgets. Keep some money aside for something she will want one day because it may be a month/year/5 years later, but the first time you say that "I don't know if we can afford that" when it pertains to something she wants, this decision will be thrown right back at you.

Also, if you want to keep getting season tickets, during that first game, I would make her the center of your attention and ensure it is the time of her life. That way it will be season tickets for both of you instead of just you.

Reactions: 9 people
LOL...gotta pick your battles. She may be cool with it now...but just remember a woman NEVER forgets. Keep some money aside for something she will want one day because it may be a month/year/5 years later, but the first time you say that "I don't know if we can afford that" when it pertains to something she wants, this decision will be thrown right back at you.

Also, if you want to keep getting season tickets, during that first game, I would make her the center of your attention and ensure it is the time of her life. That way it will be season tickets for both of you instead of just you.

Wise, sage advice. This man knows the deal.

VN Store

Back