Top 10 Ways We Will Know the Vols are Back!

1974Vol

4 * 2011 QB
Its July and there's not much else to do so here's a David Letterman style list of 10 Ways we will know the Vols are back.

10. When the team gets off the bus people be like “Daaaamn! Is this the Vols or the cast of 300?”
9. No one on the three deep is a non-scholly walk-on
8. When we run the read option, we really read it and option off it!
7. On the opening kick-off the TV announcers are like “Wow what a collision! These Vols have came to play today!”
6. Third down and 4 is not necessarily a passing down!
5. A star starter goes down and his replacement is the lead story on Sports Center, the segment title being “A Star is Born”!
4. The offense runs the same running play three times in a row, each time for a first down, just because they can!
3. The Defense leads the SEC in two categories; Most 3 and Outs, Fewest plays against them of 20 yards or more!
2. The offense leads the SEC in two categories; Highest Red Zone TD conversion Rate, Fewest Penalties called on them.
1. And the No. 1 reason we will know the Vols are back:
The Senior class of 2018 will get to smoke cigars and sing “We own Alabama” after every game they played the Tide!!

Reactions: 8 people
Its July and there's not much else to do so here's a David Letterman style list of 10 Ways we will know the Vols are back.

10. When the team gets off the bus people be like “Daaaamn! Is this the Vols or the cast of 300?”
9. No one on the three deep is a non-scholly walk-on
8. When we run the read option, we really read it and option off it!
7. On the opening kick-off the TV announcers are like “Wow what a collision! These Vols have came to play today!”
6. Third down and 4 is not necessarily a passing down!
5. A star starter goes down and his replacement is the lead story on Sports Center, the segment title being “A Star is Born”!
4. The offense runs the same running play three times in a row, each time for a first down, just because they can!
3. The Defense leads the SEC in two categories; Most 3 and Outs, Fewest plays against them of 20 yards or more!
2. The offense leads the SEC in two categories; Highest Red Zone TD conversion Rate, Fewest Penalties called on them.
1. And the No. 1 reason we will know the Vols are back:
The Senior class of 2018 will get to smoke cigars and sing “We own Alabama” after every game they played the Tide!!

You had the perfect dream! :yes:

OK, I'll add a couple....

Season ticket purchases have gone back to a waiting list
UT Vols fans checkerboard Bryant Denny Stadium

Do we smoke cigars after a bama victory? Excuse my ignorance, I think I wasnt old enough when we last beat them (sadly many years ago). Only 22 now

OK, I'll add a couple....

Season ticket purchases have gone back to a waiting list
UT Vols fans checkerboard Bryant Denny Stadium

Ok, checkerboarding Bryant Denny is a pipe dream and we don't have to do that to be back or even win a NC.

I will know we are back if we are 5-1 after 10/10. Even 4-2 at that point says we are on our way back.

Do we smoke cigars after a bama victory? Excuse my ignorance, I think I wasnt old enough when we last beat them (sadly many years ago). Only 22 now

It was a practice started by Gen. Neyland and carried on ever since to my knowledge. The reference to singing "We own Alabama" came from the 1999 game when Bama fans and officials took offense when the Vols sang "We own Alabama" to the tune of Sweet Home Alabama in the locker room after the game.

Reactions: 1 person
When they.... set things right in the Mizzou series, beat UF, beat UGA, and beat Bama.... win the SEC.

Ok, checkerboarding Bryant Denny is a pipe dream and we don't have to do that to be back or even win a NC.

I will know we are back if we are 5-1 after 10/10. Even 4-2 at that point says we are on our way back.

These are meant to be funny, not realistic.

tumblr_leygrtnRTu1qzu18ao1_400.gif

Reactions: 1 person
The simplest way we will know that we're back is when we make an appearance in the SEC Championship game. Yeah, we could win 9-10 games and not make it to the SEC Championship, but would we truly be back in that scenario? When people refer to us being back or getting back to what we once were, I think competing for and winning championships.

The Oklahoma game will tell if the Vol's are back.

I'm more worried about OU than many. Of all of UT's opponents, they probably lost the fewest of their best performers. They could have some transition issues with new assistants... but I think this is a measure of year over year improvement like you do.

I'm more worried about OU than many. Of all of UT's opponents, they probably lost the fewest of their best performers. They could have some transition issues with new assistants... but I think this is a measure of year over year improvement like you do.

They are one main reason that I am only going with [most likely] 8 wins. You obviously already know the positions factor but "luck", " Karma" or "just the way it is" No one can deny Stoops record with the SEC. It's like he lives and breathes for those games.

VN Store

Back