Nike Uni's made NFL.com front page

Love the uniforms or not, this launch has been huge. Fact.

Reactions: 21 people

I had about 3 or 4 Auburn grads and even a Bama grad come over and make positive comments about our unis.

Meanwhile nobody, not even the ASU grad, knew ASU switched to Adidas.

Reactions: 5 people
Would have loved to seen Reggie in that dark grey uni. The Minister of Midnight!

Reactions: 4 people

Literally as I read your post, sports radio in Atlanta came back from break playing the CBS College Football theme and went into a segment about our switch to Nike and how the new jerseys are "clean, sharp, everything you want in a new uniform. Love em, love the new Smokey grays."

I was shocked because they don't even talk about college football (unless UGA related) when it's not in season. Our marketing guys are the best in the business, bar none. How you generate this kind of buzz for a 7-5 team is beyond me. I'm not sure I fully understand what swag is, but right now Tennessee has alot of it.

Reactions: 5 people
Best quote from the uniform launch article had nothing to do with uniforms...

"They'll look a lot better if the Vols can pull off a few extra wins this fall; Tennessee is expected to take a big step forward under third-year coach Butch Jones, and with the SEC East lacking a true front-runner, fans will expect nothing less."

AGREE!

As Donald Sutherland said in "The Dirty Dozen"......."They look pretty but can they fight?".

I'm thinking they can.

Reactions: 2 people
There are two factors that bring success to a program: Coaching and Players. The list is long to get elite Coaches and Playmakers: Fan Suppport, Winning, and NFL exposure.

Of course it is impossible to please everyone. But it is clear the uniforms were well thought out with plenty of rationale for everything they did. Most importantly the athletes seem to like them as well. This has gone from a ho-hum off season story to actual news. Huge deal for the athletic dept, Nike, and for the school.

Reactions: 1 person
A small number of the fanbase doesn't seem to like the new unis but that's to be expected. CBJ talked about having "energy vampires" on the team in the past, but they are likely no longer on the team. The fanbase also has some of these vampires that want to complain about everything and drain all the positive energy...So what should volnation do about it? :)

Reactions: 2 people
A small number of the fanbase doesn't seem to like the new unis but that's to be expected. CBJ talked about having "energy vampires" on the team in the past, but they are likely no longer on the team. The fanbase also has some of these vampires that want to complain about everything and drain all the positive energy...So what should volnation do about it? :)

Orange stakes to the throat.

Gamecock fan came in the office this morning talking about bad ass our uniforms looked and said he thought we were going to have a really great year. Said he knows UT is coming back and he is not happy.

View image on Twitter

Tennessee Athletics ✔@Vol_Sports
Joshua Dobbs will look good under Center in these Alternate Unis
1:02 PM - 1 Jul 2015
292 292 Retweets 399 399 favorite

Is VOL_Sports tryin to tell us something here about our offensive sets this year???

Josh Dobbs......Under Center?

SIAP, but I just noticed our new Uni's somehow made it on NFL.com's front page. Always helps to add a little prestige and PR for the program...can't be bad for recruiting.

Tennessee Volunteers unveil new football uniforms - NFL.com

Class Act!! :rock:

Tennessee must be the best marketing School anywhere.
Well done, well done. Positive energy!

So many positive things will come to UT sports.

Rising tide raises all ships. :salute:

VN Store

Back