Alternate Checkerboard Endzones??

What do you think about gray and orange checkerboard endzones?

• Total voters

Coug

So in light of the new alternate uniforms and the alternate gray and orange stripe checkerboard on the helmet what would you all think about a gray and orange checkerboard endzones only for the one Saturday when they wear the alternate jerseys?

CI2BCtiWgAAkoGa.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
...I would be up for a really unique, Nike designed alternate endzone. But not a gray and white one.

This would only be for ONE game where we wear the alternate uniforms.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
An Orange and White checkerboard endzone is enough. The only addition should be some footprints from us scoring.

Just saying

Reactions: 17 people
That's going too far. The jerseys themselves have the fanbase kinda split already. Some things you can mess with, and the checkerboards are not one of them

Reactions: 10 people
I personally wouldn't want the endzones changed, but maybe they could still add the orange and grey checkerboard somewhere on the field. Something like the sideline in the redzone? lots of teams have it a different color, so I'd imagine it's legal

People are going a bit nutzo with the gray. I'll go on record to say I'm not a big fan of the gray. I agree, the white helmet didn't match when we wore gray. Checkerboards are not to be messed with. Also, the contrast wouldn't be right - it'd be too dark. The checkerboards need to be bright, and the Orange/white combination is a proven winner.

Reactions: 14 people
I thought Dave Hart and Nike had the market cornered on stupid ideas, adding duck grey to Tenn, but omg yall have lost your minds talking about doing anything to the endzones.

Reactions: 8 people
I'd be more interested in the state with the checkerboard in it. Not so much on the alt colors.

I totally mis-read the question. I thought this was a pole for the helmet stripe. I voted yes but i meant to vote no. I am stoopid, yes.

I believe AF_Vol and Yankee summed it up pretty well.

You guys have no creativity.

It's for one freaking game. This isn't like a life changing thing. I promise you won't die and the world won't end if they were to paint the endzones gray and orange. It is an official school color afterall.

I mean hell worse things could be done. Say like making 100,000+ fans try and recite the maxims before every game.

Reactions: 5 people
You guys have no creativity.

It's for one freaking game. This isn't like a life changing thing. I promise you won't die and the world won't end if they were to paint the endzones gray and orange. It is an official school color afterall.

I mean hell worse things could be done. Say like making 100,000+ fans try and recite the maxims before every game.

I still don't see the problem with the maxims.

I'm old school and our time honored traditions need to be left alone.

Our traditions have been proven over many decades to be very successful at branding our Tennessee Vols.

I really don't like anything about the gray but if that gets 4* and 5* stud recruits coming to Tennessee on our sports programs so we Win more then that's fine with me.

We ARE Tennessee!

We ARE the Big Orange!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Sorry, Coug, I just think it will look contrived, like trying a little too hard. And not sure the lower contrast will look good on a green field.

All for innovation and creativity. Think we do that best by keeping some tried & true "foundation stone" traditions as they are, and build upon them with new ideas. The orange and white checkerboards, along with running through the T, are two of those things that needs to remain a constant, part of the base. We can build off that in plenty of ways without changing those two gameday foundations.

Reactions: 2 people
If we were home and not playing Kentucky on Halloween I'd be all for this for that game. Probably the only way I'd want to see it though. I wouldn't freak out if they did though. It would still be plenty identifiable as Tennessee.

Fer gawd's sake ... NO!

While we're at it, we could rename the stadium to "50 Shades of Gray Field." And Volunteers is kind of tough so maybe rename the team to "Gray Ghosts."

ENOUGH OF THE BOVINE MANURE! Bring on football season.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back