How will the band get to the hill on gameday?

ptcarter

Boomshanka! (Google that)
Anybody heard? I was on campus recently and the road that runs by Haslam Business towards the hill is now a big gangway pedestrian ramp to get to the hill. You can take a narrow path down towards the stadium, but it looks like the band would have to go 2x2 down that sidewalk (by a nice running stream! -fake).

Anybody heard?

Could be trouble navigating it that first time.
This could easily happen:
https://youtu.be/Q1v0jB3OswM

The band now turns right after the Torchbearer and follows Peyton Manning Pass down to Neyland. They have started this path to the stadium since the 2012 season.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIUsmvHsB7w[/youtube]

Reactions: 3 people
The band now turns right after the Torchbearer and follows Peyton Manning Pass down to Neyland. They have started this path to the stadium since the 2012 season.

Been a while since I've been in that area. I drive up from Alabama and tailgate off campus.. Last time I sat on the hill and watched the band, John Ward was doing pregame..

Gotta say, I LOVED IT!:yes:

So I guess it's dumb question and hopefully this thread will die a merciful death.

Also, the Torchbearer statue area is being completely remodeled but will be done in August.

So the " Pride of the Southland " is really not just a large group of pedestrians ?

Do not mis-understand , But that whole " MARCHING BAND " thing .

Assuming a " Marching Band " can walk ....Correct ?

Last edited:
With instruments!

IN rhythm , as well . Sorry I do not see the problem . I assume " The Pride OF The Southland " might be able to get to the stadium . If I mis-understood this thread , I do APOLOGIZE , This is Tennessee I expect the marching band to be able to walk .

Whew. Thank God crisis averted!!

Public Announcer: And Nooowwwwaaaa. Introduuuuciiiinnnggg, The Priiiiiiiddde of the Southlaannnnndaaaa Maaarcchiiiinggg Baaaannndddaa, (hey, where the hell is the band??????)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Why do we even have a band anymore? Recruits don't care about the band. Replace them with a DJ!

Seriously, that road has been shut down for like three years

Last edited:
Why do we even have a band anymore? Recruits don't care about the band. Replace them with a DJ!

Blue font or not?

Id say they like the band, and especially going over there after a victory when the band plays the alma mater and rocky top

Replacing the Pride of the Southland with a DJ would be a bit like replacing the football team with a fusball table. I think not, sir, I think not. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Yeah... I missed that..
I dropped some purple owsley in Golden Gate park and the last thing I remember was a Hell's Angel kicking me in the head.

The Beatles broke up???:yikes:

I tailgate with my sons down on FIJI Island or thereabouts. Usually I get in my seats just before the flyover!

My bad..

Reactions: 2 people

Please, please tell me that this was meant to be in blue font.

The Pride of the Southland is as much a staple of Tennessee sports as Orange and White. Do you really want to look back and see Peyton Manning leading DJ Jazzy Jeff to a rousing round of Rocky Top after his last Home Game???

Reactions: 1 person
Blue font or not?

Id say they like the band, and especially going over there after a victory when the band plays the alma mater and rocky top

Tennessee Waltz, not the Alma Mater. The Alma Mater has always been played after halftime, not after the game.

Please, please tell me that this was meant to be in blue font.

The Pride of the Southland is as much a staple of Tennessee sports as Orange and White. Do you really want to look back and see Peyton Manning leading DJ Jazzy Jeff to a rousing round of Rocky Top after his last Home Game???

Here's the thing about blue font, Just the fact that some need it, kinda takes away from the purpose.

VN Store

Back